Discussion - Recent survey questions
While i still disagree with Mental he brings up a valid problem with the teacher team.
What is your actual purpose, your 'right to exists' so to speak? According to Mental its teaching people how to passiveRP, while i thought it was to help new players with passive and aggressive RP alike, as long as they feel at home on the servers.
I was looking at the few teacher pages that are public and even in the application form it doesnt say what the purpose is of the teacher role. The next quote is the closest as we are getting for an answer:

Quote:Application guidelines 29-01-2017

'What do we look for in a Teacher?

Teachers are a very important part of the Fearless Team, therefore we must be very careful about who we entrust the role to. Teachers are looked up to by the community and are meant to be role models, which is why we only promote certain candidates. There are five main points which myself and the other teachers look at when discussing a Teacher candidate. These are activity, attitude/maturity, knowledge, experience and loyality.'

Thats it. In the entire form its not mentioned once what the purpose is for the teacher team. Now, im assuming there is a hidden page for teachers with guidelines and goals etc. But how can we judge the teacher team if this isnt clear at all? We can all throw our opinions in the mix but if we all have different convictions we wont get anywhere.

Is it possible to release 'a lot' more information about the teacher team. What their purpose is, what the members of its team think themselves about the purpose of the role, etc etc. This way there are actual public guidelines, honestly i was a bit surprised how little information we get from the 2 non-hidden teacher pages.
Action will be taken as soon as both Awestruck and Divey are ready. Staff members have already started to receive feedback including myself, I won't go into detail but I'm sure a lot more information and changes will become apparent soon.

Plenty of things are changing, we're getting more frequent/useful updates, and we've put our faith and trust in the community to provide opinions on the staff team so it can all be investigated. It's common sense that this isn't going to take days, it could take weeks before anything happens but there is plenty going on in the background.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Jonas
(01-05-2018, 01:12 AM)Mustang Wrote: The reason you weren't quoted was due to the mass amount of quotes already on it, and the fact that it wasn't specifically aimed at you, rather everyone that seems to have a go at the teacher team in a NON-Constructive manner.  So the fact you are taking this as some sort of personal attack is rather amusing, anyhow, to expect any change what so ever in 4 days is quite simply ridiculous. The teacher team most likely are not receiving updates on the actual forms and what has been said, they are most likely only seeing the posts made here, which for a large part consist of around 20? ish people (Possibly more, no I haven't counted, but even at that a good lot posting their opinion are either banned or inactive) which disagree, and I'd know if I was a teacher at this stage and seen these comments, heck I wouldn't change, simply due to the fact that next to no replies to this thread have been remotely constructive and in-fact I would believe that "I'm not a bad teacher, this probably isn't aimed at me." I just strongly recommend that if you want change and want the team to listen to your opinions, do it constructively.

Just for your information; no posts where made to harm your feelings or flame in any way whatsoever. If you feel like you want to go off course from the topic and talk about how I somehow hurt your feelings by making a flaming post, feel free to hit me up in a PM or a steam message, I'll most likely reply tomorrow.

asking for passiverp isn't feedback?
the reason your reply turned from 'everyone' to me was because the only points you mentioned were replies to the reply i previously made (hence me asking on why you didn't quote me).
Jan mentioned above that this is becoming pointless as it's just ping pong with the same points, ima finish on the thread but PM if you so desire

(01-05-2018, 08:40 AM)Baskingner Wrote:
Quote:Application guidelines 29-01-2017

'What do we look for in a Teacher?

Teachers are a very important part of the Fearless Team, therefore we must be very careful about who we entrust the role to. Teachers are looked up to by the community and are meant to be role models, which is why we only promote certain candidates. There are five main points which myself and the other teachers look at when discussing a Teacher candidate. These are activity, attitude/maturity, knowledge, experience and loyality.'

Thats it. In the entire form its not mentioned once what the purpose is for the teacher team. Now, im assuming there is a hidden page for teachers with guidelines and goals etc. But how can we judge the teacher team if this isnt clear at all? We can all throw our opinions in the mix but if we all have different convictions we wont get anywhere.

Is it possible to release 'a lot' more information about the teacher team. What their purpose is, what the members of its team think themselves about the purpose of the role, etc etc. This way there are actual public guidelines, honestly i was a bit surprised how little information we get from the 2 non-hidden teacher pages.

We have been here about the same amount of time (Don't go by my forum date as it's incorrect). Compare the community from 2014, and now. See a difference? New players come and that will be your argument in the community changing.
There has been a DRASTIC change in how players act on the server, mostly down to the lack of support they receive when they join the server; they can't be bothered with being targetted because they're new and don't know anyone and so they minge, get banned, that's the last we see of them.
I know it is not a requirement to give examples of difference types of RP. However, you will see one of them is knowledge and part of being a Teacher is sharing your knowledge. You can't share your ability and knowledge of RP through a message in-game, it has to be done practically. I am asking for what we don't see on the server, hence me only mentioning about PassiveRP.
"But how are they going to show good AggressiveRP idiot"??
Include new people, help them gain money, show them what contraband is and ways to defend. Show them different dupes you may have, or others, so that they have an idea on what is allowed and what isn't allowed.
None of this is very hard, it's just people being bothered to spend the time doing it which certainly isn't the case as of now.

As with above, i'm just gonna end it here as we're playing ping pong with the same opinion worded differently. i'm more than happy to continue, just in PM instead.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
I think if we were to get free money packs we'd be happy?

SoulRipper
The following 1 user Likes S!RNARC's post:
  • Floodify
SoulRipper I’ll defuse this whole situation for my vet tags!!!!
The following 5 users Like Falc's post:
  • Random, Bobby, Viljo, Balls, Wolven
(01-05-2018, 04:43 PM)SelfGamer Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 05:13 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: Allow me.
I, personally am a very active member. Over the past 4 days, I have played 50 hours of Garry's Mod, all on FL as I don't play other servers. (This is not aggressive, merely a question) Over the 4 day period (50 hours of FL), I have seen teachers on, 5 of the lot. I have seen, government - Not passive what so ever - and corleoneRP which resulted in aggressiveRP.
Now, unless teachers are on from midnight onwards until 11am next morning only or only conduct passiverp in that time frame, I have seen ONE bit of passiverp from Create which took place for 2 hours.

Now, you have your head stuck in the form. Forget the form, don't care what so ever about the form if i'm honest.
Feedback directly given towards teachers was given on the 1st (when the form was initially announced) and from the 2nd, when the announcement was locked and this thread was created, they have had a FULL 3 days (almost 4) to create some sort of passive RP (Which I did in less than an hour, as did other users (Just check the RP subform and actually join the servers)).
As for yourself. How active have you been over the past 4 days? As, what I have only seen as inactive I don't see what position you think you're able to stand in, getting into the middle of a discussion between me and another teacher if you cannot even join the server to prove your point.

Hey... I see what you are trying to say, but just because it is not Passive RP doesn't mean that it was a good roleplay...
Infact in the government roleplay I would interview undercover officers to see if they really were who they said they were, after a failure in the database where 2 new players roleplayed as Nexus Desk Secretaries attempting to fix the database, and all of this was being relayed to the president.

You see, you can not judge a roleplay by staring at the tab menu

Please bare in mind, i do not sit afk staring at the scoreboard for all my life.
As I mentioned in another reply to a different player, I know it is not all PassiveRP. It's whether government RP is done well and it's all good sitting there making the claims, where is something to show your good RP.
I only mentioned PassiveRP because it's what isn't seen on the servers and something that the players should get to know.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(01-05-2018, 10:54 AM)DVN Wrote: Action will be taken as soon as both Awestruck and Divey are ready. Staff members have already started to receive feedback including myself, I won't go into detail but I'm sure a lot more information and changes will become apparent soon.

Plenty of things are changing, we're getting more frequent/useful updates, and we've put our faith and trust in the community to provide opinions on the staff team so it can all be investigated. It's common sense that this isn't going to take days, it could take weeks before anything happens but there is plenty going on in the background.

Were you told to stop being a drama queen and respect me more? If not, the staff team clearly doesnt pay attention to the survey  Sad
(01-04-2018, 10:47 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 05:28 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 05:13 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Baskingner Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

Thats good on you, but how can you demand teachers (or from me) to show the same sort of activity you have? Can i only share my opinion here if i also play on the server for over 12 hours a day? Because in that case; no thank you, i have other stuff to do.

While your 'forget the form' argument holds merit it still doesnt change the situation. Youre demanding to see a lot of change in 3 days which isnt reasonable. ' Why hasn't anyone made an effort to change the way they 'teach?'  is quite the statement and one you frankly cant backup with arguments or facts. Are you keeping tabs on all the teachers to know they arent planning a change? Have you asked them all if they were planning to change something and they answered you all with a stern 'NO'?  I think not. 
Im a teacher and i can tell you that changing the way you teach stuff to people in a coordinated way (even on a Gmod server) doesnt simply change in 72 hours.

If you dont see what position i can take in this discussion then you should scroll up and read the text 'forum'. Its a public place and everyone can leave their opinion here, if you can, i dont see why i wouldnt be allowed to do the same. If you wanted no one to comment in the middle of 'your' discussion you should have taken it to PM. Ill explain to you why i reacted to your comment though:

There are a lot of complaints lately about a toxic environiment on the servers and forum. I am a firm believer of the fact that uninformed negativity adds to that environement. While negativity is sometimes needed (honest feedback based on facts) its useless when its given on wrong information. Implying that 3 days is a reasonable timeframe to change in such a way is, in my eyes, 'wrong information'.

Demand is a very strong word considering I asked a question of the Teacher(s), and, let me know if I mentioned activity at any point. I mentioned how the teachers have not shown to be making any effort in changing the way they teach. Half of teaching is about answering a question, the other half (As you should know) is giving examples, being an example.
A teacher doing a simple PassiveRP is them giving the example, whether they are showing a player how to properly RP or not, PassiveRP is something a teacher should be showing, something they should be encouraging among players as it leads to RP points. RP points are not all a part in being a teacher, however they certainly are something that is a part of being a user on an RP server - having RP points shows much about a player, their ability and willingness to RP; teachers should be helping with that, helping improve the RP by giving these examples to players.
A 72 hours period is plenty of time to change. Someone does not have to be on for as many hours a day as myself in order to change. It can take simply an hour to change, build an RP, go to bed. Wake up next morning, attend school, come home and do your homework, then do the RP you spent an hour building the previous day. Not all of the Teachers will change in the 72 hours as some are not on that much, however for the ones that are active, why is 3 days not enough? Like I said, it's all down to them being bothered to take the time to PassiveRP, promote something that will help improve the playerbases RP as a whole.
Many complain about how PassiveRP does not give you any benefits. Wanna know why? No one partakes. Why does no one partake? Because no one has been shown that PassiveRP is and can be fun, you just have to do the right one; as well as what it can lead to!

As for the discussion bit;
If you had a look at the survey, maybe understood this a little better, it's yes giving an opinion, but also asking questions. If you don't know the answer, then why reply? Now, before you reply saying "But i did answer your question" - there is a HUGE difference between simply answering a question, and creating a little bit of flame. Was the question even directed towards you? Of course it bloody wasn't. It was a general question for Teachers. And, take it to PM? I cannot add 6 participants to a PM, and nor would it be an open discussion between myself and the teacher team.

You also seem to forget that this is a question, not an aggressive attack towards the teacher team.

With the "Toxic Environment" - Welcome to FL bud. I am here to ask questions and to give a reply to the answer as it would be nice to get a straight answer, something that doesn't come out very often. - the cold hard truth.
Like I mentioned above, 3 days is PLENTY of time for the Teacher(s) that are active within the community, especially if it takes about an hour to make a simple build.

(01-04-2018, 05:37 PM)TheMJ Wrote: Basic you seem really against the way the teachers teach, as you’ve generalised them I’m assuming I’m involved. Could you please give me direct feedback on what you want me to improve? What I have personally done wrong while you have seen me on? Thanks

It was a very generalised question towards the teacher team, as has been openly admitted, the current team think it is only about answering questions and nothing to do with the actual RP aspect of it all. The only thing which would be nice to see (Which happened about 2 and a half years ago) among all teachers is the change in the way that they 'Teach'
As I have mentioned above (Don't bother reading it), it is about answering questions, and acutally teaching players on how to properly RP as FL is a big scary world for a new player who has no idea about RP. Having the Teacher rank to a new player comes across as someone who will be practical and help them with becoming better at RP. Something that doesn't happen.

Long story short, all I ask is that teachers fully fulfil their role as a 'Teacher' and do the PassiveRP's, devote a portion of their time to help players rather than type a message in chat and that's that. Bare in mind, I am not asking all of your time, that is impractical.
It is a please from all the players, not just myself.

I think you’re taking it abit too seriously mate, its a gmod server not a job lol
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Archer
Please can someone make a survey for staff for what the staff think of us lmao please.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
holy shit y'all are writing fu cking essays over here damn
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
The following 1 user Likes kakcraft's post:
  • Exotic