Discussion - Recent survey questions
(01-04-2018, 04:35 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 08:42 AM)SelfGamer Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 08:24 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 07:53 AM)SelfGamer Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Balls Wrote: -snip-

I understand what you are saying here, hence the name “Teachers” because actual teachers teach you and answer your questions rather than just answering the questions

so you're saying none of the teachers are actually teachers then?

No, I just understand how we can improve

If you understand, then why isn't it happening? It's been 4 days since the survey was released, 4 days since the teacher team received their feedback direct from the community. Why hasn't anyone made an effort to change the way they 'teach'?

Give them time man. How long have you been on the server to actually see them improve? How can you know that no effort has been made? Im eager to hear why you are making that assumption because it puzzles me. You can reflect anything on the most negative way imaginable but that wont get us anywhere. 

It has barely been 4 days since this survey was released and (im assuming) that teachers dont have a live update on the form. The discussion about teachers started later as well so while 4 days is rediculously short in my opinion in reality its even shorter.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Self, TheMJ
(01-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Give them time man. How long have you been on the server to actually see them improve? How can you know that no effort has been made? Im eager to hear why you are making that assumption because it puzzles me. You can reflect anything on the most negative way imaginable but that wont get us anywhere. 

It has barely been 4 days since this survey was released and (im assuming) that teachers dont have a live update on the form. The discussion about teachers started later as well so while 4 days is rediculously short in my opinion in reality its even shorter.

Allow me.
I, personally am a very active member. Over the past 4 days, I have played 50 hours of Garry's Mod, all on FL as I don't play other servers. (This is not aggressive, merely a question) Over the 4 day period (50 hours of FL), I have seen teachers on, 5 of the lot. I have seen, government - Not passive what so ever - and corleoneRP which resulted in aggressiveRP.
Now, unless teachers are on from midnight onwards until 11am next morning only or only conduct passiverp in that time frame, I have seen ONE bit of passiverp from Create which took place for 2 hours.

Now, you have your head stuck in the form. Forget the form, don't care what so ever about the form if i'm honest.
Feedback directly given towards teachers was given on the 1st (when the form was initially announced) and from the 2nd, when the announcement was locked and this thread was created, they have had a FULL 3 days (almost 4) to create some sort of passive RP (Which I did in less than an hour, as did other users (Just check the RP subform and actually join the servers)).
As for yourself. How active have you been over the past 4 days? As, what I have only seen as inactive I don't see what position you think you're able to stand in, getting into the middle of a discussion between me and another teacher if you cannot even join the server to prove your point.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Haarek
(01-04-2018, 05:13 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Give them time man. How long have you been on the server to actually see them improve? How can you know that no effort has been made? Im eager to hear why you are making that assumption because it puzzles me. You can reflect anything on the most negative way imaginable but that wont get us anywhere. 

Allow me.
I, personally am a very active member. Over the past 4 days, I have played 50 hours of Garry's Mod, all on FL as I don't play other servers. (This is not aggressive, merely a question) Over the 4 day period (50 hours of FL), I have seen teachers on, 5 of the lot. I have seen, government - Not passive what so ever - and corleoneRP which resulted in aggressiveRP.
Now, unless teachers are on from midnight onwards until 11am next morning only or only conduct passiverp in that time frame, I have seen ONE bit of passiverp from Create which took place for 2 hours.

Now, you have your head stuck in the form. Forget the form, don't care what so ever about the form if i'm honest.
Feedback directly given towards teachers was given on the 1st (when the form was initially announced) and from the 2nd, when the announcement was locked and this thread was created, they have had a FULL 3 days (almost 4) to create some sort of passive RP (Which I did in less than an hour, as did other users (Just check the RP subform and actually join the servers)).
As for yourself. How active have you been over the past 4 days? As, what I have only seen as inactive I don't see what position you think you're able to stand in, getting into the middle of a discussion between me and another teacher if you cannot even join the server to prove your point.

Thats good on you, but how can you demand teachers (or from me) to show the same sort of activity you have? Can i only share my opinion here if i also play on the server for over 12 hours a day? Because in that case; no thank you, i have other stuff to do.

While your 'forget the form' argument holds merit it still doesnt change the situation. Youre demanding to see a lot of change in 3 days which isnt reasonable. ' Why hasn't anyone made an effort to change the way they 'teach?'  is quite the statement and one you frankly cant backup with arguments or facts. Are you keeping tabs on all the teachers to know they arent planning a change? Have you asked them all if they were planning to change something and they answered you all with a stern 'NO'?  I think not. 
Im a teacher and i can tell you that changing the way you teach stuff to people in a coordinated way (even on a Gmod server) doesnt simply change in 72 hours.

If you dont see what position i can take in this discussion then you should scroll up and read the text 'forum'. Its a public place and everyone can leave their opinion here, if you can, i dont see why i wouldnt be allowed to do the same. If you wanted no one to comment in the middle of 'your' discussion you should have taken it to PM. Ill explain to you why i reacted to your comment though:

There are a lot of complaints lately about a toxic environiment on the servers and forum. I am a firm believer of the fact that uninformed negativity adds to that environement. While negativity is sometimes needed (honest feedback based on facts) its useless when its given on wrong information. Implying that 3 days is a reasonable timeframe to change in such a way is, in my eyes, 'wrong information'.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • TheMJ, Yonno
Basic you seem really against the way the teachers teach, as you’ve generalised them I’m assuming I’m involved. Could you please give me direct feedback on what you want me to improve? What I have personally done wrong while you have seen me on? Thanks
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
(01-04-2018, 05:28 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Baskingner Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

Thats good on you, but how can you demand teachers (or from me) to show the same sort of activity you have? Can i only share my opinion here if i also play on the server for over 12 hours a day? Because in that case; no thank you, i have other stuff to do.

While your 'forget the form' argument holds merit it still doesnt change the situation. Youre demanding to see a lot of change in 3 days which isnt reasonable. ' Why hasn't anyone made an effort to change the way they 'teach?'  is quite the statement and one you frankly cant backup with arguments or facts. Are you keeping tabs on all the teachers to know they arent planning a change? Have you asked them all if they were planning to change something and they answered you all with a stern 'NO'?  I think not. 
Im a teacher and i can tell you that changing the way you teach stuff to people in a coordinated way (even on a Gmod server) doesnt simply change in 72 hours.

If you dont see what position i can take in this discussion then you should scroll up and read the text 'forum'. Its a public place and everyone can leave their opinion here, if you can, i dont see why i wouldnt be allowed to do the same. If you wanted no one to comment in the middle of 'your' discussion you should have taken it to PM. Ill explain to you why i reacted to your comment though:

There are a lot of complaints lately about a toxic environiment on the servers and forum. I am a firm believer of the fact that uninformed negativity adds to that environement. While negativity is sometimes needed (honest feedback based on facts) its useless when its given on wrong information. Implying that 3 days is a reasonable timeframe to change in such a way is, in my eyes, 'wrong information'.

Demand is a very strong word considering I asked a question of the Teacher(s), and, let me know if I mentioned activity at any point. I mentioned how the teachers have not shown to be making any effort in changing the way they teach. Half of teaching is about answering a question, the other half (As you should know) is giving examples, being an example.
A teacher doing a simple PassiveRP is them giving the example, whether they are showing a player how to properly RP or not, PassiveRP is something a teacher should be showing, something they should be encouraging among players as it leads to RP points. RP points are not all a part in being a teacher, however they certainly are something that is a part of being a user on an RP server - having RP points shows much about a player, their ability and willingness to RP; teachers should be helping with that, helping improve the RP by giving these examples to players.
A 72 hours period is plenty of time to change. Someone does not have to be on for as many hours a day as myself in order to change. It can take simply an hour to change, build an RP, go to bed. Wake up next morning, attend school, come home and do your homework, then do the RP you spent an hour building the previous day. Not all of the Teachers will change in the 72 hours as some are not on that much, however for the ones that are active, why is 3 days not enough? Like I said, it's all down to them being bothered to take the time to PassiveRP, promote something that will help improve the playerbases RP as a whole.
Many complain about how PassiveRP does not give you any benefits. Wanna know why? No one partakes. Why does no one partake? Because no one has been shown that PassiveRP is and can be fun, you just have to do the right one; as well as what it can lead to!

As for the discussion bit;
If you had a look at the survey, maybe understood this a little better, it's yes giving an opinion, but also asking questions. If you don't know the answer, then why reply? Now, before you reply saying "But i did answer your question" - there is a HUGE difference between simply answering a question, and creating a little bit of flame. Was the question even directed towards you? Of course it bloody wasn't. It was a general question for Teachers. And, take it to PM? I cannot add 6 participants to a PM, and nor would it be an open discussion between myself and the teacher team.

You also seem to forget that this is a question, not an aggressive attack towards the teacher team.

With the "Toxic Environment" - Welcome to FL bud. I am here to ask questions and to give a reply to the answer as it would be nice to get a straight answer, something that doesn't come out very often. - the cold hard truth.
Like I mentioned above, 3 days is PLENTY of time for the Teacher(s) that are active within the community, especially if it takes about an hour to make a simple build.

(01-04-2018, 05:37 PM)TheMJ Wrote: Basic you seem really against the way the teachers teach, as you’ve generalised them I’m assuming I’m involved. Could you please give me direct feedback on what you want me to improve? What I have personally done wrong while you have seen me on? Thanks

It was a very generalised question towards the teacher team, as has been openly admitted, the current team think it is only about answering questions and nothing to do with the actual RP aspect of it all. The only thing which would be nice to see (Which happened about 2 and a half years ago) among all teachers is the change in the way that they 'Teach'
As I have mentioned above (Don't bother reading it), it is about answering questions, and acutally teaching players on how to properly RP as FL is a big scary world for a new player who has no idea about RP. Having the Teacher rank to a new player comes across as someone who will be practical and help them with becoming better at RP. Something that doesn't happen.

Long story short, all I ask is that teachers fully fulfil their role as a 'Teacher' and do the PassiveRP's, devote a portion of their time to help players rather than type a message in chat and that's that. Bare in mind, I am not asking all of your time, that is impractical.
It is a please from all the players, not just myself.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
BasicallyMental
-snip-

-snip-
Well cheers for the feedback. I’m not that active as I’m making the most of life by going to London with family just before college ;-;.
I’ll try my best to better myself taking on advice and comments from this and I hope you will be able to see that. Thanks
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheMJ's post:
  • BasicallyMental
In my own opinion some of you are getting far too big for your boots children. We're all allowed our opinion but some of you are getting on like 12 year olds having a fecking tantrum WEH I DONT LIKE TEACHERS. Sure I posted my opinion. Once. Giving fair argument and a reason to the issues I see with it, but for some of you generalising the entire team and also expecting them to passive RP every hour of every single day? Grow up. Wow a teacher is a cop? Cop involves a lot of passive RP, for the most part, when people don't run a red light just so they get a police chase so they can shoot a cop and then get banned. Also, policeRP is a very important role in the server, however many people don't know how to do it properly, so I see teachers being a cop and setting an example of how to perform one of the most abused jobs in the game quite good. Just because you don't see them passiveRP doesn't mean they aren't helping another individual out with theirs.

Also in response to "4 days is long enough why has nothing changed"? Are you serious? 4 days? Things take time, and as I remember reading the survey is to be conducted for around a month, therefore at least wait for that to be up, maybe after 4 months rather than 4 days I'll maybe take into account your concern.
The following 4 users Like Mustang's post:
  • TheMJ, Baskingner, DVN, Luna
(01-04-2018, 11:48 PM)Mustang Wrote: In my own opinion some of you are getting far too big for your boots children. We're all allowed our opinion but some of you are getting on like 12 year olds having a fecking tantrum WEH I DONT LIKE TEACHERS. Sure I posted my opinion. Once. Giving fair argument and a reason to the issues I see with it, but for some of you generalising the entire team and also expecting them to passive RP every hour of every single day? Grow up. Wow a teacher is a cop? Cop involves a lot of passive RP, for the most part, when people don't run a red light just so they get a police chase so they can shoot a cop and then get banned. Also, policeRP is a very important role in the server, however many people don't know how to do it properly, so I see teachers being a cop and setting an example of how to perform one of the most abused jobs in the game quite good. Just because you don't see them passiveRP doesn't mean they aren't helping another individual out with theirs.

Also in response to "4 days is long enough why has nothing changed"? Are you serious? 4 days? Things take time, and as I remember reading the survey is to be conducted for around a month, therefore at least wait for that to be up, maybe after 4 months rather than 4 days I'll maybe take into account your concern.

Why not just quote me xd

Quick question, for you.
Have you failed to read?
You are good at taking things way out of context.

A quote from the wise old me:
"You also seem to forget that this is a question, not an aggressive attack towards the teacher team."

The reason I mention about taking things out of context, at no point have I mentioned that it is an expectation to do this all their life; "devote a portion of their time" - wanna know what this means? NOT ALL OF THE TIME THEY ARE ON FL. After all of the recent criticism, would you not think a single person out of a team of 6 make an effort to make at least one PassiveRP over the past 4 days to bring back a little hope to the teacher team?

4 days is YES, enough time for AT LEAST ONE of a team of 6 to conduct ONE whole PassiveRP for just an hour, or even half an hour. Gun Dealing is provoking Aggressive RP, so don't even go there in counting that. I know that the entire team will not change within 4 days. Probably not even after 4 months. Change is so limited around FL, and upon the time it has happened, the outcome is downhill. End of. Do you not think it is time that someone, or a team, who is having criticism thrown at them should make a change?

One more thing:
"You also seem to forget that this is a question, not an aggressive attack towards the teacher team."

(01-04-2018, 11:31 PM)TheMJ Wrote: BasicallyMental
-snip-

-snip-
Well cheers for the feedback. I’m not that active as I’m making the most of life by going to London with family just before college ;-;.
I’ll try my best to better myself taking on advice and comments from this and I hope you will be able to see that. Thanks

Thank you TheMJ for a civil, constructive reply that is not aiming to flame.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • TheMJ
(01-05-2018, 12:24 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 11:48 PM)Mustang Wrote: In my own opinion some of you are getting far too big for your boots children. We're all allowed our opinion but some of you are getting on like 12 year olds having a fecking tantrum WEH I DONT LIKE TEACHERS. Sure I posted my opinion. Once. Giving fair argument and a reason to the issues I see with it, but for some of you generalising the entire team and also expecting them to passive RP every hour of every single day? Grow up. Wow a teacher is a cop? Cop involves a lot of passive RP, for the most part, when people don't run a red light just so they get a police chase so they can shoot a cop and then get banned. Also, policeRP is a very important role in the server, however many people don't know how to do it properly, so I see teachers being a cop and setting an example of how to perform one of the most abused jobs in the game quite good. Just because you don't see them passiveRP doesn't mean they aren't helping another individual out with theirs.

Why not just quote me xd

Quick question, for you.
Have you failed to read?
You are good at taking things way out of context.

A quote from the wise old me:

The reason I mention about taking things out of context, at no point have I mentioned that it is an expectation to do this all their life; "devote a portion of their time" - wanna know what this means? NOT ALL OF THE TIME THEY ARE ON FL. After all of the recent criticism, would you not think a single person out of a team of 6 make an effort to make at least one PassiveRP over the past 4 days to bring back a little hope to the teacher team?

4 days is YES, enough time for AT LEAST ONE of a team of 6 to conduct ONE whole PassiveRP for just an hour, or even half an hour. Gun Dealing is provoking Aggressive RP, so don't even go there in counting that. I know that the entire team will not change within 4 days. Probably not even after 4 months. Change is so limited around FL, and upon the time it has happened, the outcome is downhill. End of. Do you not think it is time that someone, or a team, who is having criticism thrown at them should make a change?

One more thing:

The reason you weren't quoted was due to the mass amount of quotes already on it, and the fact that it wasn't specifically aimed at you, rather everyone that seems to have a go at the teacher team in a NON-Constructive manner.  So the fact you are taking this as some sort of personal attack is rather amusing, anyhow, to expect any change what so ever in 4 days is quite simply ridiculous. The teacher team most likely are not receiving updates on the actual forms and what has been said, they are most likely only seeing the posts made here, which for a large part consist of around 20? ish people (Possibly more, no I haven't counted, but even at that a good lot posting their opinion are either banned or inactive) which disagree, and I'd know if I was a teacher at this stage and seen these comments, heck I wouldn't change, simply due to the fact that next to no replies to this thread have been remotely constructive and in-fact I would believe that "I'm not a bad teacher, this probably isn't aimed at me." I just strongly recommend that if you want change and want the team to listen to your opinions, do it constructively.

Just for your information; no posts where made to harm your feelings or flame in any way whatsoever. If you feel like you want to go off course from the topic and talk about how I somehow hurt your feelings by making a flaming post, feel free to hit me up in a PM or a steam message, I'll most likely reply tomorrow.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • TheMJ
Whether the teacher team is useful or not is debatable, but these arguments seem to be getting worse by the minute. Everyone’s just repeating themselves at this point. My words of advise? Stop and wait for the people that actually do have something to say to take action if they think it’s needed...
The following 3 users Like Jan's post:
  • General Rickets, Jonas, Random