Discussion - Recent survey questions
As we were not allowed to discuss in the original thread, share your opinions on the recent survey here.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 2 users Like Random's post:
  • Bobby, Divey
It's a great survey I was able to +1 myself which I thought was cool
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Richtea, Jonas
Just gonna go quote all my posts brb

edit: can you reopen so i can quote them

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Lewwings
FUCK THE MAYWEATHERS
wannabe skid
[Image: J8Wdw2Z.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Richtea's post:
  • Exotic
Fuck the teacher rank
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Richtea, Faustin
(01-02-2018, 07:05 PM)Falc Wrote: Fuck the teacher rank

I wouldn't be so salty about it, but i got denied so most definitely fuck the teacher rank.
wannabe skid
Teacher Rank is about as useful as Nexus Desk Secretary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 14 users Like Envy's post:
  • Random, General Rickets, ELAD, Wolven, Jordy, Cox, konsta, Goat, Dragnort_, Jesse, Ivan Tempski, Zecon, Faustin, Pollux
(01-02-2018, 06:09 PM)General Rickets Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:58 PM)Envy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:48 PM)TheMJ Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)Envy Wrote: I was honest as I could be but I really expressed my feelings on the teacher page proving how worthless the rank actually is.

If it’s okay, could you drop me a PM with your reasons. I understand the survey is anonymous and if you don’t want to it’s fine. Being a teacher myself I would like to hear what people think of the team and it’s problems.

All you have to do is ask a question in ooc and i am sure you will receive instant help from all the wannabe teachers.
From my past experience with using the teacher command can take a few mins for an answer (FROM EXPERIENCE) when I can just ask the same question in OOC and literally receive an answer before I've even sent it.

EDIT: Even in the Help & Support section there is still just enough members helping out as teachers, Its just pointless in my opinion and not only that lets be honest the servers is just full of complete ass licks just playing to earn a rank. Always been a problem in FL full of brown noses.

They do nothing that another donator or player cannot do. Envy sums my opinion up perfectly, its nothing more than a pedestal for people use their rank as a high horse. They do NOTHING that a normal player cannot do which exempts them from being better than others yet they still wish for a rank to validate themselves in the community. If a player truly wanted to just help people they wouldn't care about a rank they would just crack on doing what they do best.

Not meant to be disrespectful in any means, teachers do a good job don't get me wrong however, if a rank matters that much then they are doing it for the wrong reasons.

It shouldn't make a difference. I was there during the creation and implementation of the teacher program and to this day hold the same opinion.

(01-02-2018, 06:10 PM)General Rickets Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 06:03 PM)Create Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:58 PM)Envy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:48 PM)TheMJ Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)Envy Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

As a Teacher, I like to give the best possible answer to your question, and so rather than quickly replying with 'Download the addons' or 'Contact an admin' in OOC, The Teacher Team and I like to make sure our answers are in depth, and we do that by asking fellow teachers what they feel so that we can give a  99% positive answer. As for the 'Teacher Wannabes' in OOC, if there was no teacher rank that you call worthless, than those 'teacher wannabes' wouldn't exist and help out in OOC when we are unable. We are more than happy to provide a response to your questions when you use OOC or /help, however  in order to get the right knowledge, sometimes we have to ask fellow teachers or an administrator for their view on the question. Hope this helped Smile

Why do you need a rank to do this?

(01-02-2018, 06:20 PM)Divey Wrote: Please take this to pm, you have been warned. As stated a summary will be revealed to the community at the end of the month.

(01-02-2018, 06:22 PM)General Rickets Wrote: You ask for feedback but tell us to take it elsewhere?? I don't understand.

(01-02-2018, 06:32 PM)General Rickets Wrote: I'm not wasting my time filling in a survey when nothing will come of it. You said it yourself that everything will be taken with a pinch of salt, where do you draw the line with this? I have strong opinions yet when I state them here, being more than respectful and remaining within forum rules, I get told to stop this is community feedback yet you shut me down. You can't pick and chose what you take on board its either everything or nothing. Who's to judge how valid peoples perceptions of the staff team are?

Feel free to contact me via other methods should you wish to continue this discussion since I'm clearly not allowed to post my opinions here...

(01-02-2018, 06:42 PM)Divey Wrote: When stating that things will be taken with a pinch of salt this specifically refers to trolls in the survey and as I've previously stated even if something is genuinely constructive, we will keep tabs on it and make the specific members aware, however we can't demote someone based on zero evidence. I think it's a great shame you don't want to take the survey, but survey or not we'll still take your opinions into consideration. I'm not shutting just you down, I'm stopping it before it turns into a massive flame war. People have already stated their opinion in the survey and so they don't need to do the same here. I've read in the past your opinion on the Teacher team on another communities forum and it was extremely insightful, especially when I was Liaison. As if someone were having a discussion in OOC, we would say to take it to pm. You can feel free to have a discussion elsewhere on the forums but this N&A thread is not the place to do it.

(01-02-2018, 07:00 PM)Floodify Wrote: hey papa is this democracy orr

(01-02-2018, 07:00 PM)Falc Wrote: Fearless Staff =

Backed into a corner with valid points thrown at them, what do they do? Remove posts and warn people, why? Because they don’t want to look bad or have their reputation damaged, exactly where Fearless has gone wrong when putting together a staff team.

Y’all pathetic, anything to keep ya rep in tact so ya big heads don’t deflate, yet you wonder why older players who’ve beat around the Bush don’t want to play anymore?

You’re killing FL more and more for the sake of yourselves, hope it’s worth it when it’s gone.

(01-02-2018, 07:02 PM)General Rickets Wrote: You wanted feedback, now you got it. Do something.

You were saying?

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Falc, Random, Dragnort_, Zecon
Richtea for SA and ill delete the ranks, get the trend going boys.
wannabe skid
In my opinion the teacher rank is very much un-needed at the moment. As it was stated in the original survey thread, you can simply ask in OOC if you have a question about something (Or use the help and support section on the forums.). And is now (and has been for a while) a rank for asslickers to be able to get in touch with staff members.

People often say that the teacher rank is a gateway to staff, which it isn't. Not directly anyway. I believe that teachers often get promoted to staff because staff and teachers work hand in hand, meaning staff will get to experience teachers on another level (In comparison to 'regular players').
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]