More ranting at the administration
To be quite honest with you, there is absolutely no point here. A few gifs were posted as the topic was placed in a different section, plus the fact that this is the 50th thread we receive attempting to convince us we're bad, bad girls. And no, this topic and where it is going is not going to change MY view and I won't start taking your word, neither will anyone with in the administrative time, I'm quite so certain.

Unless you have factual evidence of his actions AND the background with reasoning for his actions, it is close to impossible to review efficiently and fairly and put the case in one side's advantage.
I've yet to see any reason to take this thread fully serious, since it's yet to raise any valid concerns. I'd still like to keep this thread open though, who knows - maybe we might accidentally stumble upon something worth discussing?
(07-22-2013, 10:54 PM)Joykill Wrote: A midget, running around punching everyone. As you might imagine only administrators and developers (possibly moderators) can do that.
(...)
Regarding the admin abuse-reporting system:
It's bigtime in the admins favor. In this case I got no screenshots or videos. Do I have any chance of making a admin abuse thread? No.. Even though it would tell the command he did in the logs, the (super?)admins wouldn't check them.

(07-22-2013, 11:14 PM)Narcotic Wrote: If you want to report something or create a rant, you should probably fetch up some evidence for your accusations or else they are worth nothing.
(07-22-2013, 11:14 PM)DaCrowh Wrote: Okay here is my opinion:
And if you wanna post an admin abuse thread you have to realise you fight an admin , so you better have a bullet proof evidence(...)
(07-22-2013, 11:17 PM)Fultzy Wrote: Get evidence or do not complain.
(07-24-2013, 07:53 PM)Aviator Wrote: Evidence is something which is always required when accusing someone of a wrongdoing.
(10-09-2013, 07:06 AM)Narcotic Wrote: Unless you have factual evidence of his actions

(07-22-2013, 10:54 PM)Joykill Wrote: Even though it would tell the command he did in the logs, the (super?)admins wouldn't check them.

Asked for them, never got them. Good job guys.

(07-25-2013, 12:13 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 11:19 PM)Jonas Wrote: Problem here is that I at no point got a chance to talk privately to Killjoy about this case. That can influence Killjoy final words, and I don't find that reasonable.

Do you really think that speaking to Killjoy (or any other SA for that matter) will change the outcome of the abuse thread?

Wouldn't be the first time it worked, I ask you to dip your brain the the memories of the times of the FUMUKU case, that was handled on private chats between Dubwub BlackDog and KJ. I don't mean it with a pejorative tone either, I find it positive that some conflicts were at least settled via good ole fashioned conversation between both parties.

(07-25-2013, 12:13 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: People complain that we are too strict or can't take a joke but as soon as an Admin has some fun with a couple of players it's suddenly like he/she has committed a war crime.

Take a chill pill and have a bit of fun for once, please.

"Take a chill pill, its not like the Admins need to behave because they represent the figure of maintenance and authority in the community or anything! You are so silly Jonas xd."

(07-25-2013, 10:33 PM)Faustie Wrote: I find it hard to call this a 'civil discussion' thread when whatever actions the admins take will lead to a public lynching.

Ya know what else leads to public lynching? Opening a harmless "rant at the administration" thread, yah.

(09-24-2013, 11:58 AM)Joykill Wrote: When I respawned I saw my own very bus driving around like a maniac, but the driver was quickly shot by an SRU member. I'd like to know how to get any evidence in cases like this?

On a sidenote, isn't killing the bus-driver and THEN stealing his BUS a rulebreak? At least FailRP? So why hasn't the guy been banned, even if for 24h, for the sake of symbolism? It might not be the ending Jonas wanted, but at least some length of justice would be served, properly.

(10-09-2013, 07:52 AM)Killjoy Wrote: I've yet to see any reason to take this thread fully serious, since it's yet to raise any valid concerns. I'd still like to keep this thread open though, who knows - maybe we might accidentally stumble upon something worth discussing?

Here's your answer KJ

(09-12-2013, 11:12 PM)Jokhah Wrote: He's in a pretty untouchable position as the only Dev at the moment. Kinda like when Soul went on an RDMing spree, can't demote the owner.

That by itself its pretty fucked up, to think that certain members of the administration believe to process some sort of "untouchable" rank which will save their asses from the consequences of, just this one time, to have a "bad day" and minge the living shit out of one of the servers. I don't think anyone, including the OP, expects some sort of admin team inquisition styled cleansing over this, after all, it is a thread on the Discussions section right?

Its worth just being here, present, not to be said it was never mentioned next time something of the sort happens. For the sake of record, at least, we get to watch some peoples' behavior here, and that's always useful.

(10-09-2013, 07:06 AM)Narcotic Wrote: plus the fact that this is the 50th thread we receive attempting to convince us we're bad, bad girls.
(10-09-2013, 07:06 AM)Narcotic Wrote: we're bad, bad girls.
[Image: I7ZfFqd.gif]
(10-09-2013, 03:49 PM)Sarcophagidae Wrote: -snip-

Imagine you are, for the time being, in charge of Fearless. You have just witnessed Temar's abuse case. Pretty clear abuse, but nothing that was to detrimental to players themselves. (By that I mean killing them in raids by godmoding, etc.) If it was a mod or an admin, you might demote them. So, you demote Temar. But now, there is no-one here to firstly code developments for Fearless and more critically, to solve bugs and problems within Fearless' code. I mean this as no slight on SoulRipper, I'm sure he knows this as well as I do, but without Temar Fearless would not be what it is. He has been the one to solve severe problems when Soul couldn't fix it. You might argue that losing Temar wouldn't be a big deal for Fearless (You'd be f*cking wrong), why not get some programmer from CoderHire? Well, anyone who has any knowledge of Fearless' history and rivalry with clones and code thieves would realise the answer to that. Replacing Temar would be a long and hard process, probably not even possible.

So, demote Temar and feel satisfied you did the 'right' thing. However, you go on to realise that Fearless doesn't have any new development in the works, bugs in the coding have made it unplayable, in a hurry you hire someone to fix it. They steal your code and start a new community, you've lost a significant chunk of donations, the servers are unaffordable, Fearless dies. You might be able to wing it better than that, but you certainly wouldn't have the thriving community you see today. Or you could have a word with him, remind him that this sort of shit damages the team and community as a whole. Unlike you, I've had the opportunity to get to know and become friends with Temar... he's a nice guy. He likes having fun as much as everyone here. Has he pulled this shit since? Nope. The proof is in the pudding, talking to him and reprimanding him in the way we (Not we anymore... they) saw fit resulted in no more offences and Fearless to continue. There's a reason justice systems don't execute or incarcerate people on the whims of their victims you know...

So, why does it horrify you that someone can reach an 'untouchable' rank? Go on 9/10 GMod servers and you would be banned/thread closed for even voicing a negative opinion. Life isn't fair, Fearless isn't 'fair' either.

Quite frankly, you have to deal with it. And if you can't? Well, Fearless isn't for everyone.
The following 2 users Like Adman's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy, Pollux
If you're expecting Temar to get lynched in public for what he did, then tough break kids, it's not going to happen. Since none of you have ever been involved or subject to a disciplinary case, I'm not expecting you to understand the delicacy of actually processing one. But just because there haven't been huge public announcements and massive drama flying across the place doesn't mean I've got my head hidden in the sand like an ostrich. The reason nobody's talking about the elephant in the room is that it's already been cut to pieces, cooked up and served with BBQ sauce. This is the last I mention of Temars abuse case.