More ranting at the administration
Yay! More of my preaching, once again. I know you all love it so here it goes:

Today I were casually doing regular police RP'ing. I was being around BP, and saw a Molotov being thrown. I checked it out, and what suddenly comes? A midget, running around punching everyone. As you might imagine only administrators and developers (possibly moderators) can do that. We managed to get him tazed (wasn't too easy, considering he were a midge), and a chauffeur comes straight up and shoots him in the head. Enough of that.
I made a comment in OOC about my thoughts on the administration doing such, and it turned into a discussion about the whole admin abuse system, and yeah.
Regarding the admin abuse-reporting system:
It's bigtime in the admins favor. In this case I got no screenshots or videos. Do I have any chance of making a admin abuse thread? No.. Even though it would tell the command he did in the logs, the (super?)admins wouldn't check them. This is making a big advantage for the administrators, possibly letting serious incidents slip. Even in the case of posting a admin abuse thread with screenshots, checking logs would be more reliable than seeing screenshots from whoever posted it. People said in OOC that "the job as administrator is though", but that doesn't mean any admin should be able to turn full minge?
TL;DR: Admin abusing powers, admin abuse cases in admins favor.

Thoughts?
(On a side note, please keep a civilized discussion. This is feedback, not saying I hate the Fearless administration. I don't want this thread closed, like the last one.)
If you want to report something or create a rant, you should probably fetch up some evidence for your accusations or else they are worth nothing.

The system is justified and not in anyone's favor, how do you suggest it would work then? Taking your words? I don't think so, I could easily find 25 people who hates a certain administrator.
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • Rahiro
Okay here is my opinion:

I saw that particular rp and I have to say everybody does mistakes, if you would get banned for every mistake you do there would be nobody around the server not even admins.
To the admin abuse: If you follow the template then there should be no problem, you simply take a picture of your screen, or more than one or you record the scene. Then you open your console and do a screen of the right section too.
The job as admin is tough and I have never seen any admin turn full minge on this server. Never.
And if you wanna post an admin abuse thread you have to realise you fight an admin , so you better have a bullet proof evidence what else would you think about its like you took an police officer to court, you need a really good evidence!!!
Logs dont say everything, and think of how many people could abuse the admin abuse thread to get an admin away they dont like if it was much easier to report admins.

I am happy that there is the possibility to post an admin abuse thread and you wont find that many admin abuse threads in other communities.
I am sure there could be some improvements, but acutally I am fine with it as it is
(07-22-2013, 11:14 PM)Narcotic Wrote: If you want to report something or create a rant, you should probably fetch up some evidence for your accusations or else they are worth nothing.

The system is justified and not in anyone's favor, how do you suggest it would work then? Taking your words? I don't think so, I could easily find 25 people who hates a certain administrator.

As I did mention I got no evidence (screenshots or videos) of the incident.
Problem here is that I'm almost certain it would get instantly denied as I got no evidence, BUT what I am almost certain about as well is that the logs do include the administrator turning into a midge.

(07-22-2013, 11:14 PM)DaCrowh Wrote: Okay here is my opinion:

I saw that particular rp and I have to say everybody does mistakes, if you would get banned for every mistake you do there would be nobody around the server not even admins.
To the admin abuse: If you follow the template then there should be no problem, you simply take a picture of your screen, or more than one or you record the scene. Then you open your console and do a screen of the right section too.
The job as admin is tough and I have never seen any admin turn full minge on this server. Never.
And if you wanna post an admin abuse thread you have to realise you fight an admin , so you better have a bullet proof evidence what else would you think about its like you took an police officer to court, you need a really good evidence!!!
Logs dont say everything, and think of how many people could abuse the admin abuse thread to get an admin away they dont like if it was much easier to report admins.

I am happy that there is the possibility to post an admin abuse thread and you wont find that many admin abuse threads in other communities.
I am sure there could be some improvements, but acutally I am fine with it as it is

Well... Non-admins do get banned for every mistake they're caught in. Why shouldn't admins be punished for every (major) mistake they do?
I'm not saying all admin abuse threads should be accepted. I said that the people managing it at least should check the logs, or be willing to check them. Job as admin might be though, but if it is too tough for them to manage, they should end it.
same situation goes for ban requests. the only difference is in an admin abuse case there is never evidence and in the case of a ban requests it would be denied too.

so in both cases it's innocent until proven guilty. Get evidence or do not complain.

( on my phone sorry for grammatical errors)
(07-22-2013, 11:17 PM)Fultzy Wrote: same situation goes for ban requests. the only difference is in an admin abuse case there is never evidence and in the case of a ban requests it would be denied too.

so in both cases it's innocent until proven guilty. Get evidence or do not complain.

( on my phone sorry for grammatical errors)

This is the problem; it goes against the non-admin.
For instance: when a admin/moderator bans a member he doesn't need any evidence. I'm not saying they should have evidence, but it's to prove a point. You're also having a hard time getting a unban request accepted, in case you got no evidence, even though the evidence could be found in the logs.
So twlight...good series eh?
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • dig
[Image: 37f3a1b2.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • Jono
(07-22-2013, 11:34 PM)Jokhah Wrote: So twlight...good series eh?

Aren't you the one supposed to be telling people to stay on topic in a serious discussion?
Problem with making somewhat controversial feedback is that you get replies like yours and
[Image: 34KGZcd.png]
(from last time I made a similar thread). This is what I mean about one admin can easily destroy the reputation for the rest (referring to the admins I were discussing with on the server).
The following 1 user Likes Joykill's post:
  • Kulthro
stay on topic and serious in an off topic thread? Like Ruxandra...Don't care. You know the systems to handle your complains, you just feel like complaining instead, so I feel like making fun of you.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Prosto