More ranting at the administration
That's a bit too late, Coffee!

[Image: 61107-Dr-Cox-laughing-gif-scrubs-img-mvwc.gif]
This is starting to remind me to the "Stalked" thread.
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • Prosto
The amount of immaturity in this thread is unimaginable. Especially from some people, who I didn't expect to see this type of bull from.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 4 users Like equal's post:
  • Moisty, Karakuts, Kulthro, Smile
This is a discussion thread, not an off-topic thread, grow up people.
Lead by example.
The following 2 users Like Al sevenfold's post:
  • equal, Karakuts
I find it hard to call this a 'civil discussion' thread when whatever actions the admins take will lead to a public lynching. The abuse thread in question was already closed and escalated for internal review without public interference, yet this thread was still created. I've already been contacted by many people about this thread.

"Close the thread!" We did that a couple of times, and then people abused and whined at us for it, so it was re-opened for further discussion. Perhaps we could just ignore threads like these, but then we'd get lynched too. Yet when we respond and tell you that if you don't have the evidence, we operate on an innocent until proven guilty policy, you also bash us? So we're supposed to hand out punishments based on feelings over evidence? Sorry, we need evidence. This thread really could just be deleted, but imagine the public backlash. I'm glad that in the end a proper admin abuse thread was made; Although you can discuss admins here, discussion on abuse topics such as these really aren't sensible ways to go about it. It leads to lynching of the admin team and butthurt for all involved in the end.

So, what can we do? Really, one easy way is to just casually wind down the thread while the proper abuse topic is dealt with. No, it's not totally professional to post the images we posted, I'll admit that, but it really generally tends to lead to a lot less backlash and public whining than any of the other options (apart from disciplining admins the public don't like at a whim because feelings>evidence). In short, it's far more sensible to post an abuse thread, even if you don't have much evidence than make a 'discussion' thread on abuse that'll just lead to a public lynching of an admin unless someone steps in.

Apologies if this all seems a bit mixed up, but this whole fiasco has lead to a lot of confusion everywhere. However, I can assure you that abuse cases are dealt with seriously, and the one currently involving Temar is now being handled internally to avoid further public interference.

Thank you
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Adman, Ciryl, Termin
So, instead of handling this properly you decide to go full retard and post memes? I don't see how this is better in anyway?

If this was regular members that would've done this, in a discussion thread. They would've been warned if not banned plus their posting rights would've been taken away and that is a fact.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 8 users Like equal's post:
  • Humla, Rain, Karakuts, Joykill, Kulthro, Avenged, Harry Ford, Hungames
(07-25-2013, 10:33 PM)Faustie Wrote: I find it hard to call this a 'civil discussion' thread when whatever actions the admins take will lead to a public lynching. The abuse thread in question was already closed and escalated for internal review without public interference, yet this thread was still created. I've already been contacted by many people about this thread.

"Close the thread!" We did that a couple of times, and then people abused and whined at us for it, so it was re-opened for further discussion. Perhaps we could just ignore threads like these, but then we'd get lynched too. Yet when we respond and tell you that if you don't have the evidence, we operate on an innocent until proven guilty policy, you also bash us? So we're supposed to hand out punishments based on feelings over evidence? Sorry, we need evidence. This thread really could just be deleted, but imagine the public backlash. I'm glad that in the end a proper admin abuse thread was made; Although you can discuss admins here, discussion on abuse topics such as these really aren't sensible ways to go about it. It leads to lynching of the admin team and butthurt for all involved in the end.

So, what can we do? Really, one easy way is to just casually wind down the thread while the proper abuse topic is dealt with. No, it's not totally professional to post the images we posted, I'll admit that, but it really generally tends to lead to a lot less backlash and public whining than any of the other options (apart from disciplining admins the public don't like at a whim because feelings>evidence). In short, it's far more sensible to post an abuse thread, even if you don't have much evidence than make a 'discussion' thread on abuse that'll just lead to a public lynching of an admin unless someone steps in.

Apologies if this all seems a bit mixed up, but this whole fiasco has lead to a lot of confusion everywhere. However, I can assure you that abuse cases are dealt with seriously, and the one currently involving Temar is now being handled internally to avoid further public interference.

Thank you

Closing the thread caused whining? Since when? I nicely talked with Fultzy on v2d, and we got an agreement going. He reopened the thread, basically because I asked nicely. There is a difference between asking and whining. The really thing that might have caused whatever problem is that you the administration tried to manage it "under the carpet". Vauld, instead of reopening the thread, sent me a PM, as he apparently didn't wanted this discussion public. People keep saying I got nothing on my "conspiracies", as they call it, but this is just an example of it. It was obviously not clear what the administration should do at that point, and caused a lot of confusion, on my side and people that got the same opinion as me.
I'd also like to note that I created this thread before the abuse one on Temar, and not
Quote:yet this thread was still created.
If you admit why they really aren't supposed to be here why don't you remove them, or even better, warned the people that posted them? If you really are regretting you posted it, why not take the few minutes removing them?
I think he is referring to the couple reports you sent in after I closed it the other night.

But anyway. What Faustie is saying is correct. There is no correct path to choose when it comes to these kinds of threads. Most of them end up in fighting and other negative things that end up people getting into trouble on both ends of the "rant". The reason I closed it was for that pure reason the first time because it was already getting to that point. And personally I have not really seen anything positive so far come out of this other than you learning that you do not need complete evidence to post an admin abuse which it says in the admin abuse section. In my opinion there is no reason to keep this thread up anymore because you learned what you needed to continue and we are now back at the beginning or just discussing the report which we do not need to be doing in the forums. We have the abuse section for a reason where we can take those ideas.

So unless you want to add anything please do so or I will be closing this because there is no other needs for this thread. Personally all I see out of you is high defense posts back to people. Like the one you just posted above this. But we are keeping this on topic and if there is anything else you want to add to this thread please do so or it will be closed.
Also now we're at it, the abuse case on Temar has been under "detailed review" for over a month. I'd like to see a fair solution to this, but 1½ months seems like a bit too much in my opinion.
(09-12-2013, 09:05 PM)Joykill Wrote: Also now we're at it, the abuse case on Temar has been under "detailed review" for over a month. I'd like to see a fair solution to this, but 1½ months seems like a bit too much in my opinion.

Cases length vary and you cannot really classify one and a half month as too long time to process such a case. On the other hand, no official statement has not been made, therefore you'll have to wait for that.