Community Update #3
Only thing i will say is, Try find the right balance for "Semi serious" Using names like Tarkov a more realistic serious game confuses me a bit here as i just feel its way to serious for FL but as long as you find the right balance
The following 5 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, EAGLE:), rino, livkx, User 21796
Okay, wp

Big congrats livkx, well deserved

Regards,
Fearless Donator
The following 1 user Likes rino's post:
  • livkx
I like the approach the server is going maybe a bit more serious but maybe thats good it encouraging more passive rp and i like that but i wish the agg rp was a bit less serious
I just want to clarify by Tarkov I more meant the feel of combat and it was probably a bad example. My point was more there should be more between life and death and combat should feel rewarding vs being kinda rng. Dying in less than a second on a laggy server isn't fun for anyone, the injury system is a nice first step in adding another state but my key aim with this rework is to make combat last longer but also be more tactical. You should be punished for mistakes but it also shouldn't mean you're out in .2 seconds.

All of this stuff is still early in development, we only recently settled on a base and combat testing hasn't begun yet. This is very much a project I want to get right, so it will take a while.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-30-2022, 11:44 AM)Pollux Wrote: I just want to clarify by Tarkov I more meant the feel of combat and it was probably a bad example. My point was more there should be more between life and death and combat should feel rewarding vs being kinda rng. Dying in less than a second on a laggy server isn't fun for anyone, the injury system is a nice first step in adding another state but my key aim with this rework is to make combat last longer but also be more tactical. You should be punished for mistakes but it also shouldn't mean you're out in .2 seconds.

All of this stuff is still early in development, we only recently settled on a base and combat testing hasn't begun yet. This is very much a project I want to get right, so it will take a while.

Thank you for clearing this up, look forward to seeing this as to be honest I like the sound of it.
testtest