What's Next?
I don't actually play anymore, but it is sad to see Fearless die. Trouble is if no one is on the server, no one is going to want to join. From what I can see, the only active people seem to be part of the team.

Hopefully this gets sorted out, It would be nice to see FL with a decent player count again

Kind Regards,
Indie
Ex-Teacher

User has been warned for this post. Reason: Toxicity
(06-10-2022, 04:41 PM)Arny Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 08:49 AM)JackZ Wrote: How to fix FL, from the fountain of knowledge

-edit - BEST IDEA - give co owner to somebody who is HIGHLY respected amongst older playerbase, or at least offer it to them. Jan, GHOST, Rickets, JACKZ 
etc

- Get the fuck rid of v4v1 (what the fuck) - small player base, small map. Get a smaller map. V2d, etc

- Get rid of them call of duty ass weapons and bring the actual Garry’s mod ones back

- Stop making stupid [REMOVED] updates nobody actually wants

- Ban wipe / bring old players back. (I would defo play if old people came back)

Also, in bringing old players back new players would come (friends of friends, from player count etc)

- Media (get more stuff out on media, fearless has always been dog shit at advertising the server on various media platforms, get in touch with people who will get ur servers name back out there

- Get an old copy of FL from 2014 and reset to that then start from scratch with updates / inventories.

- If all else fails, move from Garry’s mod to another game like ark or gta or rust I dunno, Hail Mary it.

Ally
nah you trolling

The biggest troll is arnydahamsta on the staff team. Fuck me by the way this thread has gone FL still has no chance tbf should of known that when conn and Pollux are the ones trying to sort it out. It’s whatever there little nerd group says  and if you disgaree they forum ban you just like they did with Ghost. You can’t have a strong opinion on here or else it will get you banned or muted. Don’t know why I come back and look at this shit because it’s like a loop nothing will ever get sorted because the owners and super admins are to far up there own arse to realise what’s wrong with this community.
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
(06-11-2022, 09:27 AM)Cox Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 04:41 PM)Arny Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 08:49 AM)JackZ Wrote: How to fix FL, from the fountain of knowledge

-edit - BEST IDEA - give co owner to somebody who is HIGHLY respected amongst older playerbase, or at least offer it to them. Jan, GHOST, Rickets, JACKZ 
etc

- Get the fuck rid of v4v1 (what the fuck) - small player base, small map. Get a smaller map. V2d, etc

- Get rid of them call of duty ass weapons and bring the actual Garry’s mod ones back

- Stop making stupid [REMOVED] updates nobody actually wants

- Ban wipe / bring old players back. (I would defo play if old people came back)

Also, in bringing old players back new players would come (friends of friends, from player count etc)

- Media (get more stuff out on media, fearless has always been dog shit at advertising the server on various media platforms, get in touch with people who will get ur servers name back out there

- Get an old copy of FL from 2014 and reset to that then start from scratch with updates / inventories.

- If all else fails, move from Garry’s mod to another game like ark or gta or rust I dunno, Hail Mary it.

Ally
nah you trolling

The biggest troll is arnydahamsta on the staff team. Fuck me by the way this thread has gone FL still has no chance tbf should of known that when conn and Pollux are the ones trying to sort it out. It’s whatever there little nerd group says  and if you disgaree they forum ban you just like they did with Ghost. You can’t have a strong opinion on here or else it will get you banned or muted. Don’t know why I come back and look at this shit because it’s like a loop nothing will ever get sorted because the owners and super admins are to far up there own arse to realise what’s wrong with this community.

I'd appreciate being given a chance to work with both the team and community before you jump straight to conclusions. We're going to be regularly updating the community with what's going on and what we're working on, and plan to host a community meeting/forum in the coming weeks on Discord.

Right now, there's a lot of transitional stuff still going on behind the scenes, moving hosts, and getting everything on the books and legal.

It is, unfortunately, a relatively slow process to recover FL. There's plenty that needs to change in every direction that you look, and we have to gradually make changes to improve upon that. Much of it is extraordinarily time consuming, and we do have to work as a community to get the best out of it. I really have to stress that *constructive* criticism is the only thing that is any help here, though.

As a sidenote- derogatory tropes won't be tolerated whatsoever, and we are cracking down on those who plaster them on the forums, in game, discord, etc.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

When will people realise that the team posting about upcoming updates/changes is not the all might fix that is going to bring back thousands of players in 24 hours.

This is a long game. It's a case of setting the right foundations and re-building. FL won't ever be the same any more but that doesn't mean it can't be good again – It needs a good team behind it but more importantly a good COMMUNITY behind it.

Conn has huge balls for taking on such a challenge. He has financially invested into FL. In my opinion, there has never been a more motivated & dedicated owner since Soul at his peak until Conn became owner.

Don't get behind FL and the team if you want the 'old FL' back. Get behind the team and be part of something new.
I think we could benefit from a re-launch.
The following 1 user Likes Vauld's post:
  • Centurion
Interesting.... Anything I can do to help let us know Conn, I may be 7 years out of date from staff here now but currently working within a growth brand and about to take on a new role in business growth/development at my next company so happy to offer advice if you want Smile Good luck!
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 3 users Like Barkles's post:
  • Nadrickk, Self, Centurion
do your economy restart thing coinciding with a somewhat sizeable update. have it be a soft-relaunch type ordeal and change the map to v2d to exploit the brief nostalgia hype of the old fucks like myself (as well as the limited hype that will come at the start of economy reset) and use that small window to attract newer players with the servers generally increased player count, then change the map back to v4b1 if you prefer it and us old idiots will go back into hiding, but hopefully the newer players will stay and keep things going. profit?
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 2 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Self, livkx
(06-12-2022, 12:58 PM)Zecon Wrote: do your economy restart thing coinciding with a somewhat sizeable update. have it be a soft-relaunch type ordeal and change the map to v2d to exploit the brief nostalgia hype of the old fucks like myself (as well as the limited hype that will come at the start of economy reset) and use that small window to attract newer players with the servers generally increased player count, then change the map back to v4b1 if you prefer it and us old idiots will go back into hiding, but hopefully the newer players will stay and keep things going. profit?

I think option 1 is your best shot. Bring back the oldies that stays, that can guide and help newer players that comes from DarkRP
(06-12-2022, 12:58 PM)Zecon Wrote: do your economy restart thing coinciding with a somewhat sizeable update. have it be a soft-relaunch type ordeal and change the map to v2d to exploit the brief nostalgia hype of the old fucks like myself (as well as the limited hype that will come at the start of economy reset) and use that small window to attract newer players with the servers generally increased player count, then change the map back to v4b1 if you prefer it and us old idiots will go back into hiding, but hopefully the newer players will stay and keep things going. profit?

This is pretty much the plan and why we've been holding off. The actual script for the economy rebalance is done and has been for a while, we've just been building up content to go with it. I don't know if there will be a map swap though, as we haven't discussed that part. We do plan to eventually bring back map voting every 3 months or so though.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-12-2022, 02:08 PM)Pollux Wrote:

This is pretty much the plan and why we've been holding off. The actual script for the economy rebalance is done and has been for a while, we've just been building up content to go with it. I don't know if there will be a map swap though, as we haven't discussed that part. We do plan to eventually bring back map voting every 3 months or so though.

I think v2d is a pretty good shot. Most old-schoolers played v2d and miss the "FearlessRP"-feeling of it. We had limited RP possibillities compared to other maps, but we used them properly, and had to be creative to use the limited RP spaces. And the map were decent sized, you had quite high chances to meet people when you drive around. You need to feel there's other players. It sucks being on a giant map, with 50 players, and never see anyone anyway. I think zecon's option is really worth considering.
The following 2 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • livkx, User 21796