Passive RPers where you at?
Personally V2D is where I got most of my points. I love V2D for passive RP. Reason being that the places are smaller making it easy to build a good looking dupe with 40 props. it's the people who keep making shops and Cafes that give passiverp a bad name. People need to be creative with passive rps. Make something different.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-13-2018, 06:56 AM)GamingOfficialZZ Wrote: Personally V2D is where I got most of my points. I love V2D for passive RP. Reason being that the places are smaller making it easy to build a good looking dupe with 40 props. it's the people who keep making shops and Cafes that give passiverp a bad name. People need to be creative with passive rps. Make something different.

How would making a cafe or a shop give passive roleplayers a bad name? That doesn't make any sense.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Grunt
(07-12-2018, 09:26 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 08:56 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: It isnt the teams problem passive is dead. It is all of the people who don't want to, if you dont want to passiverp then arent you partly to blame? The people who pop up a shop for 5 mins and dont get immediate attention just leave or get an rpp then giddy off after their past teacher/staff friend give them a point. People RP for points not for fun anymore. If you say you dont RP for points you're just lying to yourself.

My dude i have 2 RPpoints in over 600 hours. I stopped telling myself that a long time ago. If i'd RP for points i would have quitted ages ago. I feel like the opposite, people value the points less and less. (Which isnt bad imo)

It's true that almost all RP for an RPP.
(07-13-2018, 03:06 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:55 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:41 PM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:04 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: passiverp is dead cause the dev team have lost interest in working on it. all we see if shit to help generally gameplay or aggressiverp, no passive.
also, no one participates in it so it's pointless and a moneyloss only thing for the people who do it and we only have so much money. we make just about no money from it because the server prices don't represent real life and if someone comes to a passiverp instead of being willing to pay the server relevant prices they pay real life prices which means we don't gain anything out of it.

basically, 80% of things are aggressiverp driven these days
^ two examples for this:
checkpointrp - i try to rp things properly, taking id's, checking license plates etc and the first thing i get is people ramming the checkpoint, shootouts, and myself being hostaged.
redemption caferp - first time i did, i was taken hostage and shot. second time i did it was rdm'd, and someone ran in attacking people with baseball bats, destroying my shop on "orders"

The dev team hasn't lost interest in it as most of the staff do passive most of the time and dont like aggressive. 
If you are role playing as restaurante or bar waiter, what most passive RPs are, of course you aren't going to get anything from it, except a RPP and it's not going to be that fun.

What is the difference between v2d and v5p which was mainly passive?

it's hard to believe they haven't lost interest in it when they don't bother with it :/
i don't only roleplay caferp's, it was an example of one rp i have done where aggressiverp has taken over. the type of passiverp i do is dependant on what i get out of it and i know that hence me not complaining about that when giving my examples.
There is no difference between the map in terms of passive, because there is equal opportunity to create a passiverp. Not all passiverp's have to be done in a map building, nothing stopping you from making one yourself for something such as a familyrp

My AggresiveRP overhaul was litterally the only update AggRP had recieved for years, I saw it as a neglected field and went to sort that out. PassiveRP will get it's overhaul too in due time but things like this take time. Just because the last update was directed for Aggressive doesn't mean we don't care about passive.
As now when the server has a lot of people doing aggressive, more should be focused on it.
Who cares if people roleplay for points, everyone needs an incentive. "Omg, aggressive RP is dead, people only do it for kills".

Your argument is invalid.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Yonno, Grunt
(07-13-2018, 09:17 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 09:26 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 08:56 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: It isnt the teams problem passive is dead. It is all of the people who don't want to, if you dont want to passiverp then arent you partly to blame? The people who pop up a shop for 5 mins and dont get immediate attention just leave or get an rpp then giddy off after their past teacher/staff friend give them a point. People RP for points not for fun anymore. If you say you dont RP for points you're just lying to yourself.

My dude i have 2 RPpoints in over 600 hours. I stopped telling myself that a long time ago. If i'd RP for points i would have quitted ages ago. I feel like the opposite, people value the points less and less. (Which isnt bad imo)

It's true that almost all RP for an RPP.

How do you know that? Has over 50% of the players doing passiveRP confessed this to you or is this simply an assumption you are making? I, and i know a lot of others, have fun in doing passiveRP (mixed with shootouts every now and then) and are not doing it for the points. 

Its an easy, harmful assumption a lot of people are making. Its harmful to the server and harmful towards passiveRP.
The PassiveRPers are currently in their shop standing still awaiting RPP, okay?
Got a mini event coming up soon which should help get people back into passive. A little competition so to speak.
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • User 21796
(07-13-2018, 12:25 PM)The Killroy Wrote: The PassiveRPers are currently in their shop standing still awaiting RPP, okay?

No Passive Rpers roleplay to get RPPs, and they know if they try to get one it will never happen. I do Passive RP for fun, to get friends and to a better understanding of other players and how they RP. Saying that "Oh, Passive RP is only for those who want the points" is basically saying "of, Aggressive RP is only for those who want the kills". They are exactly the same.
Yes, people might want to get points and I understand what your saying, everyone wants to be rewarded for what they worked hard for. But when you cross the line and only do it for the RPP and not for fun or to make new friends then it changes.
(07-13-2018, 12:44 PM)Pat Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 12:25 PM)The Killroy Wrote: The PassiveRPers are currently in their shop standing still awaiting RPP, okay?

No Passive Rpers roleplay to get RPPs, and they know if they try to get one it will never happen. I do Passive RP for fun, to get friends and to a better understanding of other players and how they RP. Saying that "Oh, Passive RP is only for those who want the points" is basically saying "of, Aggressive RP is only for those who want the kills". They are exactly the same.
Yes, people might want to get points and I understand what your saying, everyone wants to be rewarded for what they worked hard for. But when you cross the line and only do it for the RPP and not for fun or to make new friends then it changes.

Aggressive RPers do only want kills hahaha thats the whole point to wreck everycunt you can cause its enjoyable, since 2011 I've done countless passiveRPs RPPs and every single one I've joined in on has at some point shut down due to A) nobody turning up or B) no staff members or teachers knocking about.