Get with the Pines
The map looks alright, I've seen a lot of people complaining about it but I haven't been on the server yet to see it for myself. I will update this post when I've been on the server but to me, it looks like a decent map.
(06-15-2018, 06:30 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Don’t get me wrong, there are good features in the map. Well, two actually: that being the shops have shutters and all locations in the map are connected like V5P and unlike v2d. But that’s it. Shutters and roads.

Even the roads are far to long. Everything is far apart and stretching making each part of the map have an isolated feel to it. Even the city somehow manages to have said isolation and I have only seen a couple of interactions take place even when there was 50+ players online.

Don’t even get me started on the ‘Nexus’ which hardly even qualifies as an office, the apartments that look like shacks found in a village in Yemen and the lake with not a cabin in sight.

The map has absolutely no personality whatsoever. It is completely boring and I hate to be the guy who says this but quite frankly I can easily see this being the map FL dies on, as if things aren’t bad enough already.

I have a pretty strong feeling that another thread will be put up, similar to the one I made which unfortunately resulted in the choosing of Pines as the ‘perfect’ map for FL to have; which has been ludicrously said by multiple users.

I forgot to mention that there is literally one decent place to do aggressive rp: that being Mahogany Apartments (only because of the thin corridor and the stairway). It’s basically a modern Slums Apartments with stairs.

But that’s it. Villas are terrible for aggressive. Industrial is terrible for aggressive. And more. 

It’s not just aggressive roleplayers that are bored of the map already though. I know many passive roleplayers that left almost straight away even though they originally thought that the map would have been good.

You all told us who didn’t believe in Pines to give it a chance, and we have. All we ask of you now is to think and question yourselves if Pines was the good way to go? If you’re not biased and have an open mind, chances are you’ll agree with what I have said in these two posts.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
Its been a day.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • DVN, Pollux
(06-15-2018, 09:11 PM)Divey Wrote: It's been a day.

That’s precisely what we’re talking about, Divey.

Most of the people I know that voted for Pines already regret doing so. And as you said, it’s been a day. I don’t even want to think what FL will be like in a few months time if Pines is still the map.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The Day of Many Dislikes

(15/06/18)
(06-15-2018, 06:30 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Don’t get me wrong, there are good features in the map. Well, two actually: that being the shops have shutters and all locations in the map are connected like V5P and unlike v2d. But that’s it. Shutters and roads.

Even the roads are far to long. Everything is far apart and stretching making each part of the map have an isolated feel to it. Even the city somehow manages to have said isolation and I have only seen a couple of interactions take place even when there was 50+ players online.

Don’t even get me started on the ‘Nexus’ which hardly even qualifies as an office, the apartments that look like shacks found in a village in Yemen and the lake with not a cabin in sight.

The map has absolutely no personality whatsoever. It is completely boring and I hate to be the guy who says this but quite frankly I can easily see this being the map FL dies on, as if things aren’t bad enough already.

I have a pretty strong feeling that another thread will be put up, similar to the one I made which unfortunately resulted in the choosing of Pines as the ‘perfect’ map for FL to have; which has been ludicrously said by multiple users.

A Thing I haven't seen mentioned which I realized before and this post made me realize, if you don't have a car so I am looking at the newer players it takes the piss to get around especially that tunnel that takes 5 minutes even for a BMW to get through it. If you are a brand new player running to the other areas is just going to be a pain
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(06-15-2018, 09:18 PM)Envy Wrote:

A Thing I haven't seen mentioned which I realized before and this post made me realize, if you don't have a car so I am looking at the newer players it takes the piss to get around especially that tunnel that takes 5 minutes even for a BMW to get through it. If you are a brand new player running to the other areas is just going to be a pain

A lot of the map is unsuitable for people who don't want to do the few RP's which require standing still for hours on end.
The following 2 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • Kryptic, Envy
One really good way to get around the map is simply to call a taxi. There are usually couple chauffers around and normally nobody actually requests a taxi ride. Same with bus RP. Good chance to give the job a bit more purpose.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • Legion
I have seen several taxis going around, stop fucking complaining about a map that has been out for less than 24 hours, nobody gives a shit.

The map is very much suited to aggressive and passive, you can contrafarm, own a shop do whatever.

Much better than V5p.

should have voted for V5p, and if you did then oh well, that is democracy you can't go back on your vote, you don't get to go back to the polling station and say you've made a mistake.
The following 2 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • Legion, Pollux
(06-15-2018, 09:34 PM)juicyorange Wrote: I have seen several taxis going around, stop freaking complaining about a map that has been out for less than 24 hours, nobody gives a shit.

The map is very much suited to aggressive and passive, you can contrafarm, own a shop do whatever.

Much better than V5p.

should have voted for V5p, and if you did then oh well, that is democracy you can't go back on your vote, you don't get to go back to the polling station and say you've made a mistake.

Both maps are equally as bad lmao.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Vimpto