The new map
Will be interesting to see main street's FPS since currently its a solid 15-20 with a semi populated server of 45+. Seeming as its a bigger map and the game mode nuking the shit out of gmod its not looking great. #v2d4lyf
Since Pollux chose not to respond to me. I am just going to break down what he said on the suggestion he shut down before. Since in this denial he didnt make it sound to "impossible" to add the map on the build.

Quote:[Suggestion Declined.

While I do like the idea, people may still want to build for V5P for some final events/RPs on it.
Build server can switch back and forth just like whenever there was 2 maps. If this one person you are talking about that wants to still do an event on v5p wants to build on the build server it can be changed back. Just like before.
We also want to only release pines once it's fully ready and complete, us releasing it on build while being incomplete may cause some dupes to not work due to changed spawn locations, NPC placements and other changes.
If spawns is what is holding up the issue, it actually takes approximately 10 minutes to set up spawns. You have had one month now to do so. One sweep we are going to have a general idea where the spawns are. And if the devs cant take 10 minutes out of their time to put spawns for people and npcs, we might as well wait another year for this map to finally come out.
As such I do not believe it is useful for us to release Pines early onto the build server, just wait for the official full release happening sooner than some may expect.
My previous posts says why it is a good idea to have the build server prior to the release. So yes it is useful.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Thank you for denying it for a COMPLETELY different reason than what you just provided to me. Its not impossible. You just dont want to do it.

Spoiler :
[Image: PxH8cRl.png]

The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Wolven
(06-12-2018, 01:33 PM)Grunt Wrote: Will be interesting to see main street's FPS since currently its a solid 15-20 with a semi populated server of 45+. Seeming as its a bigger map and the game mode nuking the shit out of gmod its not looking great. #v2d4lyf

The map is smaller and FPS on beta is promising.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
everyone is going to join pines with nothing. What a waste of time that’s going to be. Everyone just walking around. Make the build server have 75 slots so that everyone can go on a build.

I was looking forward to opening night but now looks like I’m going to be sat trying to build a dupe

I understand there is some development issues, but I doubt there is that many that you cannot add the map. Players will still be able to do /changemap or whatever the command is.
(06-12-2018, 02:12 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: everyone is going to join pines with nothing.

Thats if they join.
The following 2 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • CorieTheNub, sebasti161
(06-12-2018, 02:25 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 02:12 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: everyone is going to join pines with nothing.

Thats if they join.

Just because you don't like the map doesn't mean everyone else won't. I think you're forgetting it had more votes than any other option. The total amount of votes was also extremely high.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
You just have to be patient. I've already stated that it's not going to happen and you will have to wait. Don't fear, Pines is coming.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Pollux, Wolven
Setting up the new map would literally take an hour of time with a team of about 6 guys, Surely it can’t be this unorganised.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • sebasti161
(06-12-2018, 04:10 PM)JackZ Wrote: Setting up the new map would literally take an hour of time with a team of about 6 guys, Surely it can’t be this unorganised.

You'd be surprised on how long actually takes then, it's not due to us doing absolutely nothing I can tell you that much. It's really just certain features that are actually holding the release back.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Did someone delete my reply?