What happened to FL?
(05-31-2018, 12:49 AM)JackZ Wrote: Another big reason why FL is in a constant state of argument is because of threads like this that are made for good reason, but people end up scrapping, creates hatred for one another, We should honestly be a lot more nice to each other nowadays in the community, it's best that way.

I really gotta agree with Jack here.

If you are in the Fearless discord, you can often catch people arguing and actually insulting eachother.
Now, you can bring up arguments like 'People are thinskinned and can't handle a joke anymore'.
The thing is, with all this arguing and insulting you take away the fun of some players, new or old ones.

Imagine being a new lad on FL, and joining the discord. The first thing you see is people insulting eachother. It would be understandable for them to back off, since they would not want to play in a toxic community.

I'm not saying we should all be best friends, but at least try to stay somewhat friendly towards eachother.

The following 5 users Like Willem de Walrus's post:
  • Joe Joe, JackZ, Wolven, Archer, Pollux
(05-31-2018, 09:14 AM)Falc Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 03:48 AM)Falcon Wrote: Okay, here we go:
-snip

Jesus do you have a life??

Lmao. Gold.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Falc, Falcon
(05-31-2018, 10:38 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Back in the day you had strict requirements for becoming admin/moderator. I’ve seen admins with less than 3 RPP. Don’t give me the ‘it’s not how many hours or points they have.’ Bull shit.

Admin should be a very. Very. Very. Hard thing to work for. It’s easier to get trail admin than it is to get a freaking role play point. Does that not say enough about how down hill the community has fallen?

I see so many hard working players with countless hours and points get nothing in return.

There should be a system in place where an admin must average a certain amount of hours. Yet again don’t comment ‘admins have lives too’. Yes they do. But I see countless players who are on all time. Don’t give someone admin when they come on for 4 hours a week.

Im trying to stay out of this but that isn't really fair now. The point of the 'Trial' system is to give more people an oppurtunity and thats why not everyone gets it only the fitting will. I dont think its fair to make digs at the staff team. Players who dont get it clearly are not suited at the time, however they could be. Look at the Team page, the Veterans not all staff who left are on there because they didn't do their job. This system just ensures that the good continue and the ones who need more time do not. In regards to RPP there isn't really a correlation you must realise back in the day RPPs were like Cookies at your nans house, if you asked you'd get one. Nowadays you have to work for them. I suggest leaving digs at the team out of it. Because we are doing our best for your enjoyment and without us you wouldn't be able to enjoy much. So before you obliterate us with obsolete comments just think a little, because we are here for YOU!
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(05-31-2018, 10:46 AM)Joe Joe Wrote: you must realise back in the day RPPs were like Cookies at your nans house, if you asked you'd get one. Nowadays you have to work for them.
Im sorry?? I have 45 RPP, and I sure as hell worked hard for them, not sure what time period you're talking about, but they sure as hell werent easy to get "back in the days"
The following 6 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Wolven, Archer, Haarek, Lewwings, Falcon, konsta
(05-31-2018, 10:51 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 10:46 AM)Joe Joe Wrote: you must realise back in the day RPPs were like Cookies at your nans house, if you asked you'd get one. Nowadays you have to work for them.
Im sorry?? I have 45 RPP, and I sure as hell worked hard for them, not sure what time period you're talking about, but they sure as hell werent easy to get "back in the days"

I didnt mean it like that Greed, sorry to offend I meant back in the day some Staff were too lenient. I didn't meant to cause offence.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(05-31-2018, 10:53 AM)Joe Joe Wrote:

I didnt mean it like that Greed, sorry to offend I meant back in the day some Staff were too lenient. I didn't meant to cause offence.
No they werent...
Back then, 
1: People put in the effort when it came to passiveRP, if you wanted an RPP, you knew there was a certain standard for your RP
2: Staff actually put time into visiting your RPs, creating a postiive RP environment and they encouraged RP, something I don't see happening nowadays, even with a teacher team. If staff/teachers don't bother visiting/encouraging RPs, how can they give out RPPs?
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Archer, Haarek
(05-31-2018, 10:40 AM)Joe Joe Wrote: All Im going to say is we have to be real everything dies. People move on and get bored but it may change. People may change their mind it all depends. In reality Gmod is dying because its not at its peak and its playerbase shrinks. I know it has a Large community still but that is mostly Star WarsRP, DarkRP and TTT all of which Fearless wouldn't suit. The playerbase will never be as packed as back in the day the community has shrunk. However it will rise again once exams are over. How much I dont know because I cant see into the future sadly. But just take it one day at a time.

It isnt dead yet.

You have literally attempted to argue against the points we made at the beginning of the thread, Garry's Mod isn't dying, and exams aren't an excuse as to why Fearless has less of a playerbase. And that is fact. There is clearly something wrong with Fearless itself, and to blame it on Garry's Mod or exams is ridiculous.

The current staff team and promotion requirements for staff have been flushed down the toilet. Nowadays you can be a bad influencing, terrible roleplay example, terrible rule following example and terrible rule enforcer and this is half of the staff team at the moment, which baffles me.

Hopefully fearless can return to a state where most of the staff are not biased and have great leadership and roleplay examples.

If anyone wants to talk to me personally about some things, please PM me on discord. This way I can have a proper conversation with you, without the restrictions of rules found here on the forums.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 3 users Like Grape's post:
  • Archer, Lewwings, konsta
I understand your arguement Joe Joe but you joined in 'Feb 2016' how can you know what it was like to get RPP 'back in the days'?.

If you are referring to when you first joined then fair play, it was around the time i was teacher but even then RPP's weren't easy to get, you had to RP for a good few hours in a nice dupe with actual intriguing roleplay to earn a point. After i left i don't know if they got easier to earn but i do know that next time you should probably say When you joined rather than back in the days because it's seemed to offend a few of the oldies who have earned their RPP fair and square.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Wolven, Archer

"back in the day" that you wouldnt remember because you joined like 3 years ago, admins took the time and intereacted with RPs, got new members to join in and made it fun for everyone.
(05-31-2018, 11:27 AM)fieldy Wrote:

"back in the day" that you wouldnt remember because you joined like 3 years ago, admins took the time and intereacted with RPs, got new members to join in and made it fun for everyone.

lol I personally don't think you are in the position to be telling people how they should act.

joe joe has made numerous roleplays and invited many people to take part, but I cannot remember last seeing you online.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Joe Joe