What happened to FL?
Question 
There's something that I haven't stopped thinking about recently... and that's what happened to FL? No, but seriously? There used to be two full servers, plus another for contra-farming, a build server, and an event server. People use the excuse ''Garry's Mod is generally dying'' or ''There are exams taking place'' and I think there aren't more bullshit excuses as to why FL is going to shit. Statistically speaking, there is an average of 24-28 thousand people playing on Garry's Mod servers every day. And your using the excuse that Garry's Mod is dying as to why there are less people playing FL right now? If you're using 'exams' as an excuse as to why less people are playing Fearless, take other servers, like LL for example, or other DarkRP servers, where the majority of players are students taking exams, and the servers are populated. 

Personally, I think using excuses like Garry's Mod is dying or exams are taking place is utterly stupid to say that's why FL is dying.

There is clearly something wrong with what is going on; and mainly, that's AggressiveRP. Ghostkiller has a discussion up and other suggestions that would help with half of FL's community on coming back, however hardly anything is happening to get this done. Arguably, aggressive roleplayers take-up of more than half of the community, since AggressiveRPers not only roleplay aggressively but they do a lot of passive too. However, it's very rare to find a 'PassiveRPer' to do any form of AggressiveRP, if that at all. I hope the entire Fearless community at least tries to get some of its shit together and do everything they can to bring back its old-self since it is arguably the best we have ever seen it. I am quite upset that I didn't have the opportunity to see FL at this point, however I am sure a lot of you have, which is why I don't understand why we aren't making more discussions like these and more suggestions and more arguments to do everything we can to get it back, to bring FL back to life.

Please use this discussion to converse and argue with each other any reasons, big or small, as to why FL is dying and what we can do to revive it. Thank you.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 13 users Like Grape's post:
  • Archer, Kryptic, Vimpto, Envy, Lewwings, Narcotic, Falcon, Spartan_KCT, Mauroulis, Byra, Flame.., Penguin., Edned
Here we go again
The following 10 users Like Falc's post:
  • Grape, Random, Dragnort_, konsta, Wolven, Mustang, Pollux, DreeBott, sebasti161, Dimitris
The split between fearless and limelight was when the down fall began to be honest. If the player count isn't back up by summer holidays then it's clear fearless is dying.

Pines won't help either as it won't want old users to come back and play again like v2d would I remember v2d being full of interaction when 20people where online in the morning. I prefer the classic Fearless from 2014/15 to the new modern advanced fearless. Why even was the crosshairs removed from guns? I'm confused as to how that benefited anything.

Back when the cops had usps which is realistic, they shouldn't have a massive M4 on patrol? 

/phone
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Vimpto's post:
  • Falcon, Andrew Juniperfield, sebasti161, Grunt
We can't do anything. Gmod is outdated. Not as much people play it like they used to and RP isn't a big thing for people nowadays. It's not a case of what can we do to revive it's more orientated to interests and just life in general. Some people get into moods with some games or servers and play A LOT, then some stop like me every now and then I get seriously bored of a game then a year later I will bash it for long time.

-Removed by Steven8ken
Oh great. Another one of these threads, bringing up the same old arguements.

I just think that the CityRP "genre" is dying. If you look at communities similar to FL, they are not very populated either. In any video game franchise, or genre there is always a build up, a peak and a downfall. Looking at video games generally, the Battle Royale genre is peaking right now, especially Fortnite. Just as FPS games did, especially CoD and BF. Jjst like GMod and (City)RP. I simply think FL's peak is over, and that there is little to nothing we can do to bring it back to it's peak.

I do agree that FL had a period where it was at rock bottom. However I feel as though FL's popularity is beginning to rise again. But as I mentioned, it will not go back to how it ones was. And yes, right now exams are taking up peoples time, but it is a bullshit excuse, honestly.

//Phone
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
Oh boy, monthly community rant thread, keep em coming. I love it.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Dragnort_, JackZ
I agree with you, everyone is using this cheap and easy argument that Gmod is dying or exams season, while everytime I see LL on the servers browse it has more players and when I play there they tend to have more aggressive rp than FL has.

Back in the day, 20 people could get banned in a few hours, and then the server would fill up in matter of minutes because the server was always full and was queued by countless of desperated waiting players trying to join the full server. Now that's no longer the case.

I also believe there's another reason, and that is the staff team. It's been a few months since Perqe got banned not because Janzo banned him but because he let 3 players who reported him to vote whether to ban him or not, and that got many players including myself angry. Everyone who is a friend's of Perqe including myself all tried to tell him constantly to post a UBR because what happened was BS and his response is he's still waiting for Divey's response that he's been waiting for more than a month and just recently he told me he gave up on FL that's why he hasn't posted a UBR yet.
Staff team does not lead by example anymore, Forgee has proved it on the Camorro Family thread, Janzo has proved it with letting a vote against a player which he's not suppose to and is very unprofessional, RockDad proved it when he took me to a roof for "disrespect" and his behaviour and attitude was very unprofessional to the point I couldn't tell if he was serious or not or he's just bullshitting trying to get me banned. Awestruck let MrFinnConlon to blacklist General Rickets for "carjacking in mainstreet" which got removed and was proven why Rickets was not on the wrong. I can list a lot of examples but I honestly can't be bothered because it's too long. The current staff team that we have now is very questionable to whether they stand up to what they're suppose to represent or lead FL by an example, they're a very critized team.

Many players left FL to play other communities and games and all for a good reason. General Rickets plays in a serious rp Halo RP server, Ghostkiller, Jordy, Falc, Dobby and many more all play on Arma 3 in Altis RP server, Perqe got an undeserved ban from a vote, not from an admin that was suppose to give out the punishment, some players left for LL and countless of other players have all left FL. Notice that all the players that I listed were all aggressive RPers, there's something wrong with aggressive RP in FL, it's declining.
The following 7 users Like konsta's post:
  • Grape, Envy, Yonno, Falcon, Flame.., rino, Grunt
In my eyes FL can only truly be "revived" if it would actually be optimized at some point.

Updates are all nice and dandy, but they only make people come back for short term. Taking the map change as an example, it will only attract old/ potential new players on a short term basis. We need to indirectly motivate people to play on the servers. A neat gameplay update is nice for a while, up to the point where it's no longer new, and just part of the potential "FL routine".

Optimization however, would indirectly make people enjoy playing more, as they would not be annoyed by walking around the city with below 20 FPS, it's simply frustrating and does not leave a positive impact/ motivation whatsoever, for anyone, especially not when you are for example in the middle of a raid and you potentially lose a gunfight due to the FPS.

While I understand that it's easy to say "oh just optimize the gamemode", I personally strongly believe that the focus should be in that direction in regards to development.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 6 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Grape, konsta, Falcon, Legion, Grunt, PhantomSolaris
FL has not been fun in a while, and this is not just coming from me I've heard this from a bunch of other people. This year I've probably played no more than 5 hours ill come on walk around the city for 2 minutes no joke then just think be assed and leave.
AggresiveRP - Boring, Waste of Money, No Rewards, Shit Map.
PassiveRP - Lack of Interaction, Shit Map, Boring unless its something unique.

Saying that Gmod is dying is a bad excuse, Gmods All Time Peak is 73k and There was 31k playing in the last 30 minutes of me posting this. That's still a huge amount of players compared to the All time peak which i'm assuming was like 3 years ago when prop hunt videos etc where a big thing on youtube. It's FL that's Dying not Gmod

Onto the CityRP Genre, Lime light is doing better than FL right now, Still not the best numbers but better than FL and I don't think I've seen this in a while tbh... Also with new custom gamemodes on the scene such as SantosRP I think it just appeals to players more.

There a bunch of more things but tbh I cant be assed cause i've said them a million times

EDIT: Adding to what Yonno said about updates. I think a big overhaul is needed just on basic things, like the Suggestion I suggested about the Third Person update, Small things like that will modernize the server and make it a lot cleaner. The server feels ancient, Needs to be other things done to stuff like AggresiveRP like gun balancing regularly, maybe even adding the odd weapon now and then since for years its always been the Galil, AK, M4, XM, M3. How do you think games like LoL stay relevant they constantly change things to keep it fun and different. FL has been the same thing for years a little change wouldn't hurt especially now when it is needed
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 7 users Like Envy's post:
  • Grape, Vimpto, Yonno, konsta, mgdwszx, MasterNoda, Grunt
(05-30-2018, 09:32 PM)Yonno Wrote: In my eyes FL can only truly be "revived" if it would actually be optimized at some point.

Updates are all nice and dandy, but they only make people come back for short term. Taking the map change as an example, it will only attract old/ potential new players on a short term basis. We need to indirectly motivate people to play on the servers. A neat gameplay update is nice for a while, up to the point where it's no longer new, and just part of the potential "FL routine".

Optimization however, would indirectly make people enjoy playing more, as they would not be annoyed by walking around the city with below 20 FPS, it's simply frustrating and does not leave a positive impact/ motivation whatsoever, for anyone, especially not when you are for example in the middle of a raid and you potentially lose a gunfight due to the FPS.

While I understand that it's easy to say "oh just optimize the gamemode", I personally strongly believe that the focus should be in that direction in regards to development.

I say FL needs to motivate people, encourage people and promote to play aggressive RP, as much as some people hate aggressive RP but it will truly bring FL back to its glory and charm. FL lost a lot of aggressive rp players and because of that, FL is losing players and has less players than LL, because LL has better and more aggressive RP than FL has.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Falcon