What happened to FL?
For fuck sake, all I want is a normal thread to make a change without getting it closed down with all the trolling and aggressive comments
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Pollux
(05-31-2018, 12:00 AM)Zombie Wrote: For fuck sake, all I want is a normal thread to make a change without getting it closed down with all the trolling and aggressive comments

Seems like a bit of a trend lol. Every thread that is made for staff and developers to get an opinion on, gets shut down. What they fail to see is that, yes, people will be arguing, but that's the whole point.

I hope this thread can remain open, unlike many others that haven't reached an established ending.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Pollux
(05-30-2018, 11:57 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:56 PM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:53 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:51 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:42 PM)Forgee Wrote: Oh boy the weekly FL rant

Do you actually care about FL or where it goes, because all you show is that you clearly don't. You can be a nice guy, but when it comes to FL, its staff like you that shows how and why FL is in this state (other than a few other reasons such as map or development).

I suggest you actually take your time to think about what we can all do together to get this working again, because if you don't care, please don't post anything at all.

Grapefruit we really want to see it do well as much as you do, it's just I think we can both agree these threads get repetitive due to the aggressive comments by some people. For example I have been looking at all comments related to development as it's an area i'm involved in. It's just some people being aggressive with zero suggestions aren't helping at all and are making threads like these seem like nothing but a flame war, which isn't fair as sometimes there can be really good things in these.

It’s gotten to the point where the servers gone so downhill being aggressive is the only way we can make a change.

If someone really makes a well-done list of things that the server does badly and what you want us to do improve on, it will happen. We just need good feedback, being aggressive doesn't help bring your point across. I personally do not see how the servers have gone "downhill", i'm more than open for your thoughts on how it has though.

What happened to the days of simply fucking around on Fearless? Sure, you could break a rule or two but if you weren’t harming anyone then nobody would cry about it and you’d go back to what you were doing. The whole ‘fun’ aspect has been replaced with this sudden expectation to absolutely perfect 24/7 and if you make one little mistake someone’s going to message every admin and asked to have you permed. 

The whole server is meant to be ‘Semi-Serious’, so why does everyone have to be so insecure and treat this server like it’s a place for serious roleplay? It’s at the point now where people are getting bans for making jokes that one person doesn’t find funny. 

If Fearless wants to start changing, then perhaps it should decide what kind of server it actual wants to be.
[Image: tenor.gif]

OT: Wan't change? Contribute to it, don't just scrap people in the comments of a discussion thread, been there done that, get's you nowhere.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Pollux, Lewwings
(05-31-2018, 12:21 AM)JackZ Wrote:

OT: Wan't change? Contribute to it, don't just scrap people in the comments of a discussion thread, been there done that, get's you nowhere.

Aye lemme just teach my self to code rq so I can contribute my time into reviving a server mangaged by staff who don’t give two shits about me
What is the point of discussing if EVERY SINGLE member has the answer already? And no, Joe joe, An update is not just an update. If you don't have anything useful to add don't add it. Having updates just for the sake of having an update is meaningless and quite frankly f'cking stupid. Yes, the clocks ARE f'Cking stupid. And it doesn't matter what people think because at the end of the day we all know it is USELESS.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Grape, Archer
(05-31-2018, 12:25 AM)Midget Wrote: What is the point of discussing if EVERY SINGLE member has the answer already? And no, Joe joe, An update is not just an update. If you don't have anything useful to add don't add it. Having updates just for the sake of having an update is meaningless and quite frankly f'cking stupid. Yes, the clocks ARE f'Cking stupid. And it doesn't matter what people think because at the end of the day we all know it is USELESS.

It was an approved suggestion that I implemented, it didn't take much time at all as I used the stormfox clocks and just simply edited them to work with the gamemode. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's useless, any approved suggestion is going to get added eventually. You're forgetting i'm just a contributor, i'm very limited in what I can actually do for the server right now. The clock update was also nice for me to get familiar with how adding items works. I feel like i've had a nice balance of updates, with some like the recent associate update being very asked for and many people are finding it quite useful.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-31-2018, 12:30 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 12:25 AM)Midget Wrote: What is the point of discussing if EVERY SINGLE member has the answer already? And no, Joe joe, An update is not just an update. If you don't have anything useful to add don't add it. Having updates just for the sake of having an update is meaningless and quite frankly f'cking stupid. Yes, the clocks ARE f'Cking stupid. And it doesn't matter what people think because at the end of the day we all know it is USELESS.

It was an approved suggestion that I implemented, it didn't take much time at all as I used the stormfox clocks and just simply edited them to work with the gamemode. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's useless, any approved suggestion is going to get added eventually. You're forgetting i'm just a contributor, i'm very limited in what I can actually do for the server right now. The clock update was also nice for me to get familiar with how adding items works. I feel like i've had a nice balance of updates, with some like the recent associate update being very asked for and many people are finding it quite useful.

Just to reiterate, Pollux. You're doing a great job as someone who has just recently been promoted to contributor. And I actually really like the idea of more updates, and I like your drive and motivation to pump all these approved suggestions out. But you have to remember that the more content added, the more buildup and eventually even worse FPS and stabilization that we will have on the server. Take LL for example, it pumps updates out so often that my game crashed nearly every time I join or play.

Again, I appreciate what your doing and I am very happy that you are motivated to do all of this, but if you really sit there and think about what we can do for FL after reading all of the replies on this thread, do you really think adding clocks and metal detectors is the way to go? Again, I know it was hard work and I am grateful for what you're trying to do here, but just try to have a third person perspective on this development situation and ask yourself if doing what you are is best to benefit FL long term whilst still keeping a relatively stabilized gamemode?
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Haarek
(05-31-2018, 12:23 AM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 12:21 AM)JackZ Wrote:

Aye lemme just teach my self to code rq so I can contribute my time into reviving a server mangaged by staff who don’t give two shits about me

I'm not asking people to contribute in the way of coding/modelling lmao, I'm asking people to actually apply themselves and take steps to make the community a better place and more fun for everyone. IF They don't give to shits about you then it is because to be honest buddy, you do troll a fair bit, Plus the fact that you're banned. However i'm sure the staff do care.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Lewwings, Pollux
I've been part of this community for two years now, so I'm gonna chip in with my thoughts.

Fearless' direction is very unconventional for many, but it is a good direction in ways. To better address some issues at hand, I'm gonna break it down into sections so you can understand my point of view.

Please note that this is my opinion, thanks.

STAFF

Truth be told, yes, Soul could be more active, however, try to keep in mind, he has a job in real life, he pays the server costs for FL, manages the finances, chooses SAs, updates website policy to keep it in line with regulations, and has ran FL for 10 years now. He's done a lot for FL, bloody created it, and some people still moan about him on his own forums, give him a break, he can work at his own pace; that's gone OK so far.

As for Awestruck and Divey, they're working their hardest to try their best in their roles. If they didn't care, FL would be in a worse state. I don't personally appreciate some of their stuff, but I can understand some of it. 

As for the rest of the administration team, half of it is either inactive, rude or at times, abusive, and this needs to be dealt with, the other half is doing a great job and I respect them for that. Just some dampen the Admin team, you can ask me who privately if you want, but some just need to be booted.

DEVELOPMENT 

Bigger than ever before. They've got a great team and are pushing out new stuff constantly now, which is a nice thing to see. They've just got to prioritise better and then they're good, at least in my eyes, just boot one or two inactive contributors and we're halfway there.

MAP

Do I think Pines is the right way forward? No. But I'm up for giving it a shot instead of pre-judging. We'll only know how it plays out once it comes out. Of course, there is still room for assumptions. Is this map too big and will curtail good, spontaneous RP? Probably, but the size of RPs can be bigger and more detailed (*cough* shop shutters *cough*). Will this hurt AggRP? Potentially, as we know it, yes, but a new style may evolve. You never know until it happens.

PLAYER ATTITUDE

Yes. I've noticed it - at times, it seems players are out to get others, but there is almost always a reason behind a PR or @-call that seems to be borderline waiting for a rulebreak. I really don't like the argument of "if it doesn't hurt anyone, it's OK", rules are rules, if you can't follow them, don't play, get over it.

Thanks for reading.

TL;DR - Lewwings writes a bunch of shit.

// Phone

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Pollux