FearRP Explanation
(09-22-2015, 09:23 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: I am not hiding behind anything. Yes I have people on my friends list so what? None of you know the entire situation. You are basing your opinions off what little is shown in the video. You were not there to see what all had been happening before the incident. So you can stop making assumptions.

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid...#pid518927

I have already explained what happened so I'm sure everyone is caught up with the situation. 
Like I said I was not there when he was hit but I'm sure him being knocked out was just a little love tap for him to shut up.

Hitman Wrote:FearRP was reinstated farther down the road when a police officer tazed me in the tunnel on the way to Big Bill Hell's

And besides, why would it matter if a cop/FBI agent/criminal/SWAT unit subdues you? A gun is a gun, a tranq/taser is a tranq/taser. It does not matter who is carrying it, or what authority they are. You should abide by it no matter what. 
The following 1 user Likes Coded Brain's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
The fear of being shot should always outweigh the fear of being hit again.

Just because he got hit doesn't mean he could then run off, I'm sure almost everyone on the sever has hit their hostages or people they are subduing at some point, it's not an excuse for breaking FearRP - He should still be afraid of being shot.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Coded Brain
(09-22-2015, 10:11 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: The fear of being shot should always outweigh the fear of being hit again.

Just because he got hit doesn't mean he could then run off, I'm sure almost everyone on the sever has hit their hostages or people they are subduing at some point, it's not an excuse for breaking FearRP - He should still be afraid of being shot.

I agree. So pretty much being hit makes him able to run off without any fears of anything other than that bat. AKA rule 1.11.
Unless I am mistaken, the point I made this thread has not yet been answered.

DanManC Wrote:So I guess there is an exception? I would like a staff member to thoroughly explain what that exception is and when fearRP would apply again.

So if Hitman will not be punished than there must be a rule about this. I would like Nighthawkd or any other administrator that thinks they are up for the task to explain every little detail about this unwritten rule that was discovered the other night.
Clearly we're all seeing a total different perspective. I feel we should all learn from this, and action should be taken from here on out. Maybe expand on the FeaRP rule or stop enforcing rules that aren't hard written into the rules we abide by daily. I don't think Hitman should be punished, because you can't lie we've all been told the same shit about all these magical rules that just sort of float around until someone breaks it and boom! It's a new rule.

The case was dealt with, this thread is aiming towards the FearRP rule and how it can be misinterpreted very easily.
The current staff team are already working on finding out all of the unwritten rules with in the rules so that we can hopefully either A: Publish them for all to see or B: Have them edited into the rules. Now if you know of an unwritten rule then feel free to PM me over the forums and I will look at it and possibly add it to the rules. I know it sucks to have to punish someone because of an unwritten rule or a not clearly defined rule but as staff members we are obliged to enforce it whether we want to or not.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
Guys, I think I found the problem.

We're all talking about FearRP but we are on FearlessRP.

I'll show myself out
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Other 1 Point
(09-23-2015, 12:47 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: The current staff team are already working on finding out all of the unwritten rules with in the rules so that we can hopefully either A: Publish them for all to see or B: Have them edited into the rules. Now if you know of an unwritten rule then feel free to PM me over the forums and I will look at it and possibly add it to the rules. I know it sucks to have to punish someone because of an unwritten rule or a not clearly defined rule but as staff members we are obliged to enforce it whether we want to or not.

Still doesn't answer my question. I want to know all about that the fearRP rule and the unwritten parts to it. You must know all about fearRP, right?

Actually, I would like to hear from a staff member who hasn't actually been banned for fearRP in the past.

[Image: y90ydfZ.jpg]

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=61187
(09-23-2015, 02:23 AM)DanManC Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 12:47 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: The current staff team are already working on finding out all of the unwritten rules with in the rules so that we can hopefully either A: Publish them for all to see or B: Have them edited into the rules. Now if you know of an unwritten rule then feel free to PM me over the forums and I will look at it and possibly add it to the rules. I know it sucks to have to punish someone because of an unwritten rule or a not clearly defined rule but as staff members we are obliged to enforce it whether we want to or not.

Still doesn't answer my question. I want to know all about that the fearRP rule and the unwritten parts to it. You must know all about fearRP, right?

Actually, I would like to hear from a staff member who hasn't actually been banned for fearRP in the past.

User has been warned for personally attacking a member of the staff team.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Admin
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(09-23-2015, 02:23 AM)DanManC Wrote:

Quote:The current staff team are already working on finding out all of the unwritten rules with in the rules so that we can hopefully either A: Publish them for all to see or B: Have them edited into the rules.

-Nighthawkd

They're working on it Smile
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)