FearRP Explanation
This is not a report.

Some of you may have seen this report. (http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=64738)
If anyone would have seen this without knowing the back story, they would call it a blatant fearRP breakage. Nighthawkd denied the report saying that him being assaulted minutes before makes fearRP not apply to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KsWk98...e=youtu.be

When would this end? When the SAA gang comes and mows us down? He is claiming he would be able to run around forever. He was asked my multiple agents to stop and to get in the car.

Here's a recreation:
Let's just say I am a criminal and I shoot up some cops. The cops catch me and put me in cuffs. Then, some minge runs up and punches me. I was assaulted so fearRP doesn't apply to me? I would be able to run around and not listen to anyone, not a cop nor a criminal wielding a gun.

How about another one?
I am a criminal again and shoot up some cops. They shoot me and I 'give up'. They they move in to cuff me, weapons drawn and when they are caught off guard I pull my weapon and shoot them. Sure I would be breaking fearRP, no? I was shot, assaulted. FearRP doesn't apply?

Here is DoomDude's explanation of fearRP.[url=http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=42172][/url]

Quote:That means you can't run off "because I was scared". You obey the armed man to the fullest extent.

There are no exceptions.

FearRP ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS applies. No matter if the person doing that is doing it in your opinion "randomly", or "he didn't know what he was doing". It always applies. What you can do is call a staff member or post a ban request, if it was random. But even then, you will obey FearRP.

So I guess there is an exception? I would like a staff member to thoroughly explain what that exception is and when fearRP would apply again. I want to see how you handle this one.
Quote:Here's a recreation:

Let's just say I am a criminal and I shoot up some cops. The cops catch me and put me in cuffs. Then, some minge runs up and punches me. I was assaulted so fearRP doesn't apply to me? I would be able to run around and not listen to anyone, not a cop nor a criminal wielding a gun.

If a random person comes up to you and assaults you, FearRP is not off. The party that is directly involved, in the example scenario, unless the police hit you you will still be under FearRP.

Quote:How about another one?

I am a criminal again and shoot up some cops. They shoot me and I 'give up'. They they move in to cuff me, weapons drawn and when they are caught off guard I pull my weapon and shoot them. Sure I would be breaking fearRP, no? I was shot, assaulted. FearRP doesn't apply?

With regards to this example scenario, I would imagine if you have already surrendered you would then be under FearRP again.

With regards to the scenario shown in the video, I was hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat about a minute or so before you started recording. The second that bat collided with my skull, FearRP was called off as I was assaulted by the other party that was directly involved (FBI). FearRP was reinstated farther down the road when a police officer tazed me in the tunnel on the way to Big Bill Hell's, as observed by Nighthawkd. If a break of FearRP occurred in the process, he was watching the entire situation, I would have been banned on the spot.

* This post is not meant to flame, deprecate or start an argument, just purely for discussion
(09-22-2015, 02:37 AM)Hitman Wrote: snip

FearRP is not that complex. How would anyone ever know that? As stated in the fearRp explanation by doomdude fearRP always applies and you should fear the armed man. You were not fearing me as I was more of a threat than anything else occuring.
I would like clarification from some other staff member besides nighthawk on this subject, as he will most likely just agree with hitman.
Can imagine it IRL right now..

Dude pulls a gun on me - I stand still
Dude then slaps me - I walk away from his loaded weapon aiming right at me saying "you hit me, I'm out"
Dude says "but I still have a loaded weapon pointed at you" and I say "so, you hit me, now I can go".

Also these are the rules:

Spoiler :
2.1 You must follow FearRP. Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.
2.1a You cannot attack a person who has a gun (or stun gun) pointed at you.
2.1b You cannot draw a weapon when someone has you at gunpoint or in striking distance of a melee weapon.
2.1c You cannot run away from someone when they have you at gunpoint.
2.1d If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope in order to detain you, FearRP still applies.

I did a quick search of the rules and couldn't find: "FearRP doesn't apply if you're hit/shot". So I'm not sure where that comes from.

This was the only thing I could find on FearRP, yet it doesn't state it here either:

Spoiler :
(02-05-2014, 04:17 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Again, a lot of our users seem to have misconceptions about what FearRP is and when it is applied.

What is FearRP:

FearRP is when your character is threatened with a weapon or a tazer. When threatened by a weapon (meaning the weapon is pointed at you or is reasonably close to cause danger - such as in the same room or near you, where the person can obviously shoot within two seconds), your character is to obey the armed person. That means you can't run off "because I was scared". You obey the armed man to the fullest extent.

FearRP is also when someone else has your friend or teammate hostaged, as you fear for his life. The lives of innocents are also valid reason for FearRP, when it applies to the police and SRU.

When FearRP applies to you and exceptions:

There are no exceptions.

FearRP ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS applies. No matter if the person doing that is doing it in your opinion "randomly", or "he didn't know what he was doing". It always applies. What you can do is call a staff member or post a ban request, if it was random. But even then, you will obey FearRP.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(09-22-2015, 03:33 AM)RIC0H Wrote: I did a quick search of the rules and couldn't find: "FearRP doesn't apply if you're hit/shot". So I'm not sure where that comes from.

There current interpretation of FearRP is that if a shot is fired FearRP is off. The original situation was the shots were fired at the person however it has been perverted to mean when anyone fires a single shot FearRP is off for everybody. Whether or not this is disallowed by the anti loophole rule is debatable however I've never seen it enforced against.
Here are some FearRP loopholes (not talking about this situation - just in general) related to that:

You are being held under gunpoint by a robber or the police. Your friend fires a shot so FearRP is off and you can shoot your assailants.

You are about to hostage someone for whatever reason. You fire a shot in the air to intimidate them. FearRP is off. (FearRP should be even more effective - especially if it's a heavy weapon. See the North Hollywood Shootout.)

<there are more, will include them as I remember them, I am currently too tired>

Long story short there's a reason that a brave man named Jamie "FearRP Loopholes" Norton got his nickname
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
(09-22-2015, 05:29 AM)Goigle Wrote: Here are some FearRP loopholes

But...

Quote:1.11 Purposefully attempting to find loopholes in the rules will likely result in punishment.

Also, how can you have a loophole when it doesn't state FearRP doesn't apply if you're hit/shot (or anything like it)?
In my own opinion I'd say that Hitman did indeed break FearRP. The situation is similar to getting a hostage. You tranq the hostage, hostage gets up to a loaded weapon and still has to abide by FearRP.
The following 3 users Like Suarez's post:
  • Coded Brain, SourLemon, aDisabledDeer
(09-22-2015, 05:43 AM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-22-2015, 05:29 AM)Goigle Wrote: Here are some FearRP loopholes

But...

Quote:1.11 Purposefully attempting to find loopholes in the rules will likely result in punishment.

Also, how can you have a loophole when it doesn't state FearRP doesn't apply if you're hit/shot (or anything like it)?
Yup, it's a loophole but it's not at the same time because it's a loose interpretation of a staff decision. I've never personally seen someone banned for 1.11 and the misinterpretation of the staff decision is so widespread that many people think that was the original meaning.

Also, it's one of many unwritten rules. The staff decision was made before the new set of rules so how that meshes with the new set of rules is going to have to be another staff decision (the previous set of rules only mentioned FearRP and didn't break it down - in theory the decision would not apply here as many other staff decisions before the new set of rules were included in the new set of rules).

FearRP is both a good rule and the shittiest rule. No matter what, when it comes down to it, RP will never be 100% realistic. Rules like FearRP help add to realism but in some cases also severely detract from realism as they have limitations (it'd be pretty hard to spell out every single situation of when FearRP applies in the rules).
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Lmao, this video shows very obvious fearrp breakage.
But it seems that it's allowed, so I'll do the same
The following 2 users Like Prosto's post:
  • Coded Brain, aDisabledDeer
(09-22-2015, 06:42 AM)Goigle Wrote: Also, it's one of many unwritten rules.

Skeptical

TBH, unwritten rules shouldn't be enforced, nor should they be used as a "get out of jail free card" either.

If staff want to enforce said rules... Then they should write them down so we know about them first!