Allow usage of M4A1 to Police
(08-12-2014, 01:59 AM)Smex Wrote: Why do the police even need long ranged weapons? They are there to support the SRU team not take over the roll of the SRU team -support from me

Because a primary goal and objective of the police is to Cordon off a zone and establish a perimeter until the SRU arrive and to keep the suspects within it, if all they have is small caliber firearms and short range equipment the suspects will generaly just roll over them and escape when cornered. Give them access to something with a bit of range and kick and suddenly those inside the cordon are less likley to go rambo because they know the regular officers have access to better equipment for just such a situation.

Like ive said before if people are that worried about makeing the SRU pointless, add rules and policys defineing police use of such equipment, The police SGT needing to give authorisation and the like.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • TheAwesomeAuston
(08-12-2014, 06:38 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 01:59 AM)Smex Wrote: Why do the police even need long ranged weapons? They are there to support the SRU team not take over the roll of the SRU team -support from me

Because a primary goal and objective of the police is to Cordon off a zone and establish a perimeter until the SRU arrive and to keep the suspects within it, if all they have is small caliber firearms and short range equipment the suspects will generaly just roll over them and escape when cornered. Give them access to something with a bit of range and kick and suddenly those inside the cordon are less likley to go rambo because they know the regular officers have access to better equipment for just such a situation.

Like ive said before if people are that worried about makeing the SRU pointless, add rules and policys defineing police use of such equipment, The police SGT needing to give authorisation and the like.

This man deserves a cookie!
The answer is: Use an MP5.
The following 2 users Like Zan's post:
  • Borislove, Ivan Tempski
(08-12-2014, 08:07 AM)Zan Wrote: The answer is: Use an MP5.

Im beginning to feel like you guys just dont understand logic.

First off, the MP5 is one of the weakest rifles on fearless.

Second, its a close range weapon, SRUs job is close range raids and the police should have the ranged weapons.

Lastly, To the people that are saying the MP5 is OP. have you ever tried taking out a galil with an MP5? A gun that fires much faster and does much more damage per shot.
First of all, our logic here is that we need to keep both sides (government and opposition, whatever they may be) fair and equal. If we give police M4s, you have (effectively) an SRU force. So what would be the purpose of the SRU then?

Gunfight wouldn't be equal if you had 5-7 police officers with M4s and 4 SRU with an M4 and UMPs, 10 assault rifle/ SMG like weapons? That doesn't seem balanced to me. I don't exactly see why you're so persistent with this suggestion, an MP5 is a great SMG to use, and not many police officers equip it. I think the Police's loadout selection is just fine.

The option of short and long range weapons would be too much of an advantage and gives them too much adaptability to a situation, when instead they should call for backup, which is SRU.
(08-12-2014, 09:33 AM)Zan Wrote: Gunfight wouldn't be equal if you had 5-7 police officers with M4s and 4 SRU with an M4 and UMPs, 10 assault rifle/ SMG like weapons? That doesn't seem balanced to me. I don't exactly see why you're so persistent with this suggestion, an MP5 is a great SMG to use, and not many police officers equip it. I think the Police's loadout selection is just fine.

The option of short and long range weapons would be too much of an advantage and gives them too much adaptability to a situation, when instead they should call for backup, which is SRU.

Im not seeing your point zan, you state we should keep things equal, but then suggest we keep the restrictions on the police force to keep it unequal, disallowing them access to equipment every single class bar the president,paramedics and firemen have putting any responding and cordon officer at an instant and permanent disadvantage.

By continueing to keep these arbitrary restrictions they cannot call for backup and receive the order to take the AR15 from the truck to secure the cordon site, they cannot make themselves look like a credible threat.

The government is NOT supposed to be a fair fight, they are supposed to be the looming threat over your head if you are breaking the law, the one thing above all else you fear attracting the attention of, because you know full well what will happen if you do.

You also state 10 assault rifle class weapons for one group would be unfair, what about when the rebels/corlones/Militia Groups do the same? They bring to bare forces that the government has a hard time ever reaching even with contract workers.
  • TheAwesomeAuston
(08-12-2014, 04:20 PM)BlackDog Wrote: The government is NOT supposed to be a fair fight, they are supposed to be the looming threat over your head if you are breaking the law, the one thing above all else you fear attracting the attention of, because you know full well what will happen if you do.

Even with the m4a1, the ak47 does 10 more damage. You call that a fair fight? a good shooter with an ak47/galil vs a a good shooter with an m4a1, the m4a1 is going to lose everytime.
(08-13-2014, 12:16 AM)TheAwesomeAuston Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 04:20 PM)BlackDog Wrote: The government is NOT supposed to be a fair fight, they are supposed to be the looming threat over your head if you are breaking the law, the one thing above all else you fear attracting the attention of, because you know full well what will happen if you do.

Even with the m4a1, the ak47 does 10 more damage. You call that a fair fight? a good shooter with an ak47/galil vs a a good shooter with an m4a1, the m4a1 is going to lose everytime.

It's about the shooter aswell, not only the gun. I've been successfull in raids as SRU, even if they were better armed than me.

It comes to strategies, movement, aim, patience, binds (healthkits and etc) and etc.

Oh, and I'm still against cops having assault-rifles. I don't like the idea of cops being turned into soldiers.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(08-13-2014, 01:28 AM)Enzyme Wrote: I don't like the idea of cops being turned into soldiers.

Sadly this isnt the world the characters we create on FL live in, they live in a world of omnipresent terror and crime where the average green officer has an expected service time of 10 minutes before they are thrown into a situation that involves multiple murders and more than a few holes now in their co-workers.

If this wasnt the case i would be entirely with you, but even the police here in Canada have access to this kind of equipment when its needed, and they to while rarely required still run into this kind of situation where the end result is quite a haul of illegal weapons [Image: image.jpeg]

The North Hollywood Shootout inccident in america showed everyone that the police force at the time was woefully underequiped for the situations of the modern day.
  • TheAwesomeAuston
(08-13-2014, 01:28 AM)Enzyme Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 12:16 AM)TheAwesomeAuston Wrote:

It's about the shooter aswell, not only the gun. I've been successfull in raids as SRU, even if they were better armed than me.

It comes to strategies, movement, aim, patience, binds (healthkits and etc) and etc.

Oh, and I'm still against cops having assault-rifles. I don't like the idea of cops being turned into soldiers.

In real life do you think a police department would get in as many shootouts as fearless police would?