Poll: I prefer this weapon pack:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Current one
29.73%
11 29.73%
Old one
70.27%
26 70.27%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The new weapons
(09-30-2015, 06:52 PM)equal Wrote:
(09-28-2015, 05:39 PM)MacTavish Wrote:
(09-28-2015, 05:11 PM)equal Wrote: Why the fuck, would you downgrade to something as ugly as the old weapons, when you have what you have now?

That's just stupid, why don't we just revamp the entire community to what it was in 2011. Atleast then the playerbase will be amazing. Wink

Ugly as the old weapons? gooby pls. the old weapons were really damn good.

No.. The old weapons weren't good, they were EASY to use but that is a whole lot different from being GOOD.

The new weapons were realistic and somewhat harder to use. Meaning aggresive RP was actually a challenge. Anyone who isn't a blatant autist could take on the entire government with a few boxes of ammo and a medkit bind. 

All I see here is people wanting the gun play to be as it were when they felt like they were good at it. Pathetic.

If that's what people enjoy, why the fuck not? I don't see why you have to be an asshole about this change.
(09-30-2015, 04:59 PM)Goigle Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 04:56 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: This weapon pack had been in the game for over 4 years, he has justed moved that over and re-implemented it. The only bugs shown have been that ammo didn't go in and that modules where bugged. Now it's nearly all fixed. Would you prefer to wait 4 months like we had to for the other guns to come out, I know I sure wouldn't.
I know how long the weapon pack has been in the game. And just "moving it over and re-implementing it" isn't enough. You have to test it to make sure it still works.  Don't be dramatic, simple QA testing for the guns would take less than a day, not 4 months. Personally, I preferred the new weapons anyway.

I assumed things would still work, as I've moved them from a working backup. Clearly they didn't. I did some basic testing but not enough.

Nearly all bugs are fixed, just the FPS lag issue. That's easy to fix as well and will be done today.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Tomo
(09-28-2015, 05:11 PM)equal Wrote: Why the fuck, would you downgrade to something as ugly as the old weapons, when you have what you have now?

That's just stupid, why don't we just revamp the entire community to what it was in 2011. Atleast then the playerbase will be amazing. Wink

No.. The old weapons weren't good, they were EASY to use but that is a whole lot different from being GOOD.

The new weapons were realistic and somewhat harder to use. Meaning aggresive RP was actually a challenge. Anyone who isn't a blatant autist could take on the entire government with a few boxes of ammo and a medkit bind. 

All I see here is people wanting the gun play to be as it were when they felt like they were good at it. Pathetic.

User has been warned.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Admin
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
The following 1 user Likes NightHawkd's post:
  • DVN
(09-30-2015, 06:58 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I assumed things would still work, as I've moved them from a working backup. Clearly they didn't. I did some basic testing but not enough.

Nearly all bugs are fixed, just the FPS lag issue. That's easy to fix as well and will be done today.

What I meant is it's never safe to assume something works in Garry's Mod after an update (I've learned from experience too many damn times :-/ ), I knew that a lot of the bugs didn't exist when the weapons were originally but there has been at least 2 updates to GMod since then.

Glad to hear all the bugs are fixed, thanks for your dedication.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
wanting old third person crosshair because unable to use the current sight system on the new guns. Do you like aim lock and no recoil, you seek no challenge in your gun usage, gj
The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • Baskingner

I'm with you here, Nighthawkd showed me and a couple other SRU how "OP" the new guns are, all you have to do is crouch (with the M4 anyway) and there's no recoil. The old weapons were so much nicer, I loved the attachments, and the fact that there were decent animations, I also didn't know about this thread, so I couldn't vote.
I would prefer the CW:2.0 AND CW:2.0 Unofficial packs as it adds realism, manual reload, realistic attachments that aren't too OP, and a better aim. The currently new weapons suck, so we are required to go into third-person then aim in to get a clear view every 5 seconds of shooting one bullet.

+Support on 3rd person crosshair.

nonce

old weapons or bust
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]