New community?
Yes please. Great to not limit it to gmod since everyone would rather play other games than that. New forum is a must have IMO. The only reason why some people are still here is because of the people. I dont think anyone actually cares about the cityRP server anymore.
so what you're saying is everyone is owner? whos paying for it if there's no single owner?
(09-05-2020, 02:20 AM)richieb Wrote: so what you're saying is everyone is owner? whos paying for it if there's no single owner?

Bruh hosting a forum costs next to nothing. The other servers would be hosted by other people in the community if they wanted to play something for a bit. Forgive me if im wrong but thats what i got from reading Zombies post. Also a lot of games dont require a hosted server to play. A community doesnt necessarily have to revolve around a game server like this one.
(09-05-2020, 02:26 AM)Razz Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 02:20 AM)richieb Wrote: so what you're saying is everyone is owner? whos paying for it if there's no single owner?

Bruh hosting a forum costs next to nothing. The other servers would be hosted by other people in the community if they wanted to play something for a bit. Forgive me if im wrong but thats what i got from reading Zombies post. Also a lot of games dont require a hosted server to play. A community doesnt necessarily have to revolve around a game server like this one.

okay i see what you're saying, there's no permanent server being hosted, but just whenever people wanna play?? i wouldn't say an entire community needs to be hosted for that, just make a discord
(09-05-2020, 02:29 AM)richieb Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 02:26 AM)Razz Wrote:

okay i see what you're saying, there's no permanent server being hosted, but just whenever people wanna play?? i wouldn't say an entire community needs to be hosted for that, just make a discord

Discord and forum. A lot of interesting conversations are held here that wouldnt last in discord. I can honestly pay for the forums if anyone else has a problem with it. You can get a domain for a couple bucks annually and rent a server to host it for next to nothing.
My 2 cents for you..

You need a figurehead, or a few figureheads as owners. Try to keep the number low and odd (aka 1 or 3, helps with voting on decisions to prevent a hung vote)

Depending on what is being controlled and run, the owner should be competent with how it is run, and ideally have some expertise with the technical side of things.

As for the good stuff, if donations were good (an owner should follow that route instead of agreeing to take money from x or y in return for “no power”, using a TOS to avoid chargebacks and that stuff) you could invest in a server for the community to host a multitude of games. Of course, the finances should be all transparent.

A potential schema could see the higher management (owner(s)) and then a group of administrators (whom are technically competent) that could create the game servers for the community when needed. It’s an easy process usually when using a decent game panel such as pterodactyl.io

I don’t think a community walking blindly into GMod alone in 2020 will succeed without something very special, so I would avoid that route, but a more community-spirited place could work out
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 9 users Like Conn's post:
  • Pollux, Luna, max., User 21796, Molyneux481, Lewwings, Slaint, Spartan_KCT, Faustin
Just to understand everything clearly.

A gmod community as Fearless or a general gaming community with a base of forums and sub-forums connected to different games to play?
(09-05-2020, 07:51 AM)Kevin Wrote: Just to understand everything clearly.

A gmod community as Fearless or a general gaming community with a base of forums and sub-forums connected to different games to play?

Gmod community I believe.
(09-05-2020, 08:05 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 07:51 AM)Kevin Wrote: Just to understand everything clearly.

Gmod community I believe.

bad idea
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 3 users Like Conn's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki, max., Slaint
It's the Lifeboat Mk II
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post: