New community?
Divey has undone 12 years of history in 6 months, and it's going to end very badly that's going to affect a lot of people in unimaginable ways. People made friendships here and even romantic relationships, for some people FL helped them to become who they are, it's a great community. CityRP hasn't made FL for what it is, it's the community, the people behind it. So I thought of an idea when FL is gonna be put down once and for all, there should be a new community where everyone from here can be part of but it won't be another community like LL where the purpose was to start another Gmod server to compete against FL like how LL did, but more of a community thing that people play games together, chat together, sometimes someone hosts a private server for the night where everyone plays together like that time when frost hosted a server and ran several gamemodes where 20+ FL members played for hours while FL couldn't reach 15 players at that time. And maybe someone is gonna open a server where it will be affilated with the community. 1 person shouldn't have ownership over it, we all know how it went. Instead there should be more of a "Founders" rank, with idk how many people, but maybe up to 20 Founders, and for any major changes there needs to be an agreement of at least 3/4 to make any major decisions. 

What do you guys think? Should we start it when FL dies? Should we start it now as a backup for when FL dies? Or start it now, make the small steps for a new, bright, and bigger changes that this community needs more than ever? 

I'm for the third option, I've been observing everything for the past 6 month since Divey took over and I've been part of this community for many years, when FL was at its peak and when Soulripper was still owner. I can tell you that this community is dead, it's a ghost compared to 6 years ago. You can all create threads, discuss, and play CityRP all the time you want. You're only keeping it from finally resting and preventing its legacy to be great, why do you want to remember FL as that fun CityRP that tragically ended with an owner change that created so many problems and mistakes after one another? I think that this community should be kept as a community, a community of people, not a community of a gamemode.

It's time to pull the plug out and end its suffering, for a new beggining.
The following 7 users Like konsta's post:
  • Lewwings, RaZZ, User 21796, Wolven, pilip, Slaint, Bobby
I would honestly be up to start a new community, honestly I would even help fund it and wouldn't seek any power. The only reason I never moved away from FL was the community behind it.
The following 2 users Like Dimitris's post:
  • konsta, User 21796
I don't think it'll work, I don't even see anyone capable of leading it who actually would want to or has the time to do it all either.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-05-2020, 02:03 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't think it'll work, I don't even see anyone capable of leading it who actually would want to or has the time to do it all either.

You don't think a community is capable of running by themselves?
(09-05-2020, 02:06 AM)konsta Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 02:03 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't think it'll work, I don't even see anyone capable of leading it who actually would want to or has the time to do it all either.

No, it sounds good in theory but it falls apart quickly the second people start arguing about anything. It only takes one person to have a power trip to ruin it all.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

I do, I know people who would be up for it
I’d genuinely be happy if something like this happened, I miss the old days under SoulRipper and honestly I would of been playing over these last two months actively if certain staff weren’t against me as a player and an overall sense of futility in carrying on under Divey’s ownership.

I’d pop on to roleplay if this ever came to be since I’ve got a few RP ideas I never got to do before I left.

Let’s see what happens.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • konsta
(09-05-2020, 02:08 AM)Pollux Wrote:

No, it sounds good in theory but it falls apart quickly the second people start arguing about anything. It only takes one person to have a power trip to ruin it all.
Have you thought of maybe, not giving some certain people that I won't name powers? The whole point of having a "Founders" is to prevent another FL, there's not gonna be 1 person in charge of everything.
Lets be realistic, there needs to be an owner. Like its simple math.
(09-05-2020, 02:10 AM)konsta Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 02:08 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Have you thought of maybe, not giving some certain people that I won't name powers? The whole point of having a "Founders" is to prevent another FL, there's not gonna be 1 person in charge of everything.

You sometimes need one person over others to resolve any issues effectively. The more people you give a "founder rank" the higher the risk of something going wrong. It's also impossible to make sure everyone is actually "equal", as someone has to own the servers and such who will automatically be higher than anyone else. I don't think it really matters how carefully you decide on who gets it as even friends can argue over something stupid and ruin it for everyone else. I'm just speaking from my own experience with these things, there's a chance it'll all magically run fine but I really think the entire idea assumes there won't be any issues which there will almost always be.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork