Fearless problems + solutions
(12-13-2019, 11:56 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:02 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 03:23 PM)Fultz Wrote: As per example. We do not need to know why we are truly changing maps (even though most have an idea) but we need to know about progress through the process as well as timetables to what we are expecting.

The reason we don't want to give progress or timetables is because we can't even guarantee things are kept to schedule internally right now. Things do get pushed back and we don't want to state a date something is going to be done by and then have to push it back. It's hard to keep a balance between avoiding pressure on developers and transparency.

Why are you cherry-picking the last sentence of that to push your agenda of wanting no pressure? 

What I am saying has no impact on that. I am talking about things that actually impact the playerbase. That is why I used the example of the map change. Updates are needed and required in my opinion. This is how it should be set up.

1. Have vote with time vote closes
2. If vote is prolonged, say prior to date vote was to end
3. Update with which map was selected and which format of map rotation we are going with.
4. Provide a timetable as to when we should expect the map to go live.
5. If the are issues that are going to back the time up, provide why there are issues (lets say delivery is getting messed up) and provide a time that you will hopefully have it fixed and ready.

Pushing stuff back is not a bad thing. But to state why it is happening is key. Its not hard. Do not make excuses saying you are feeling pressure to justify not providing updates in something that impacts the server. You are allowed to push it back. Just say why.

I don't have anything to do with the clan scene and I agree with the first paragraph which is why I only responded to the last section. In regards to the map rotation, you will hear more about it later today in an official thread as the vote has ended. Any map which is declared the winner is good to go as we've set all of them up, so it will pretty much be an instant swap as soon as the thread is up.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-14-2019, 03:07 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 03:23 PM)Fultz Wrote: As per example. We do not need to know why we are truly changing maps (even though most have an idea) but we need to know about progress through the process as well as timetables to what we are expecting.

The reason we don't want to give progress or timetables is because we can't even guarantee things are kept to schedule internally right now. Things do get pushed back and we don't want to state a date something is going to be done by and then have to push it back. It's hard to keep a balance between avoiding pressure on developers and transparency.

Why are you cherry-picking the last sentence of that to push your agenda of wanting no pressure? 

What I am saying has no impact on that. I am talking about things that actually impact the playerbase. That is why I used the example of the map change. Updates are needed and required in my opinion. This is how it should be set up.

3. Update with which map was selected and which format of map rotation we are going with.
5. If the are issues that are going to back the time up, provide why there are issues (lets say delivery is getting messed up) and provide a time that you will hopefully have it fixed and ready.

Pushing stuff back is not a bad thing. But to state why it is happening is key. Its not hard. Do not make excuses saying you are feeling pressure to justify not providing updates in something that impacts the server. You are allowed to push it back. Just say why.

I don't have anything to do with the clan scene and I agree with the first paragraph which is why I only responded to the last section. In regards to the map rotation, you will hear more about it later today in an official thread as the  vote has ended. Any map which is declared the winner is good to go as we've set all of them up, so it will pretty much be an instant swap as soon as the thread is up.

If we end up with a map bigger than sanranevo it's going to be catastrophic.
(12-14-2019, 03:17 AM)Dimitris Wrote:

I don't have anything to do with the clan scene and I agree with the first paragraph which is why I only responded to the last section. In regards to the map rotation, you will hear more about it later today in an official thread as the  vote has ended. Any map which is declared the winner is good to go as we've set all of them up, so it will pretty much be an instant swap as soon as the thread is up.

Well it's a community vote, you do need to respect what the majority votes for regardless of who wins. I would also like to point out that map rotation is still winning, so even if you don't like the map which wins initially it will still potentially be swapped out after a while.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-14-2019, 03:25 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 03:17 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:02 PM)Pollux Wrote: The reason we don't want to give progress or timetables is because we can't even guarantee things are kept to schedule internally right now. Things do get pushed back and we don't want to state a date something is going to be done by and then have to push it back. It's hard to keep a balance between avoiding pressure on developers and transparency.

Well it's a community vote, you do need to respect what the majority votes for regardless of who wins. I would also like to point out that map rotation is still winning, so even if you don't like the map which wins initially it will still potentially be swapped out after a while.

I mean we are most likely going to get V2D first since it had the lead on one of the voting options, I honestly don't mind V5P that much it just that we can't have a map that big with 25 peeps, if you check some of the replies on the thread tho, most of the people who said voted for V5P don't really play on the servers. Anyways if that's what the community wants I guess I'll have to deal with it.