Fearless Forums
Fearless problems + solutions - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Fearless problems + solutions (/showthread.php?tid=94822)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Fearless problems + solutions - Jan - 11-28-2019

Well hello there,

Lately there have been countless of discussions on what we think Fearless is doing wrong, on how it can improve, what staff should do differend etc. I've also given my opinion every now and then but I feel like it's time for a long and serious thread about it. I've been here for well over 8 years now, as donator, teacher, moderator, administrator, clan officer, teacher liason and veteran so I feel like I'm experienced enough to give an opinion and suggestions on this matter.

In the community meeting a couple of days ago I expressed my concern for certain smaller topics and was asked to make a thread backing up certain claims, I won't do that, instead I will focus on some topics I feel are much more important.

Problems

Map changes
Last 1-2 years Fearless has switched maps countless of times, this shouldn't have happened, however it unfortunately did. The community's constant ask for map changes to prevent Fearless from "dying" should be discussed, however map changes won't safe Fearless, especially at the point it is at now.

Staff changes
There's been plenty of suggestions certain staff members should get demoted, other members should get promoted, a lot of people including me have participated in this however there are always rotten apples in every staff team, it will never be perfect and nobody should expect it to, deal with it instead.

Clans
Clans used to be a huge part of Fearless, players were proud to be in certain clans and some clans were known for having a lot of power, people knew that if you messed around it would have consequences, nowadays literally nothing is happening, nobody cares about clans, they've become irrelevant.

New content
There are plenty of community members complaining about the lack of content and have a wish for more content to be added, the discussion is going on constantly and it usually results in developers defending themselves and members attacking them.

Toxic behaviour
There have also been a lot of complaints about toxic behaviour recently, coming mostly from staff members.

Solutions

Map changes
The way I see it, the map has been changed way too often, players just got ready building dupes on a map when the next change is already under way. We must all understand that getting used to a map takes time, setting up dupes on new maps take even more time. My suggestion is one more map vote, in which the result is final. Even if there's a difference of only one vote. 

Staff changes
Like stated above there will never be a staff team in which you will like all staff members, that's simply not possible and you will have to deal with it. What I do think the staff team needs is the SA's to step up their game, show the community you're here, show the community you care, step up your game and lead, the staff and community needs good SA's especially without SoulRipper around (do note he's never been extremely active, that's why the SA's are supposed to be here).

Clans
There is almost 0 clan activity going on nowadays, I feel like this has been the result of years of defensive policy, it's next to impossible to declare war on clans and when it do comes down to it there are clan officers stepping in for no reason. Take your hands off the clan world, clan officers and let clans do their thing, when it gets completely out of control step in, only if absolutely needed. Having groups might've looked like a decent idea when it first started out but it turned out to be awful for the clan world. Remove groups and force the existing groups to turn into clans, that way they MUST all roleplay with eachother. If a group is passive it won't get in trouble, if a group acts aggresive it will, that's fun and part of the game.

New content
New content has never released super fast on Fearless and somehow FL has always managed to survive without it, I don't feel like that's a problem at this moment either.

Toxic behaviour
The toxic behaviour certain people experience is the result of some of the problems stated above. If people completely stop caring you can't expect them to behave. However I do feel like certain people who truly are here only to mess around should go away, whether that is forced or not.

The community meeting was decent, but only if it has any results. Some people have been talking about a next meeting already but that should only happen if the points discussed in last meeting result in a positive change.

Feel free to leave a reply & discuss yourself. Keep it civil & don't act like a fool.

Do something.

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - Jonas - 11-28-2019

I agree with the majority of this - I'd like to hear what peoples opinions are on this, and as mentioned in the community meeting, things are in the work, and I'm sure they'll come shortly, it's all about paitence.

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - Fultz - 11-28-2019

(11-28-2019, 02:34 PM)Jan Wrote: Solutions

Staff changes
Like stated above there will never be a staff team in which you will like all staff members, that's simply not possible and you will have to deal with it. What I do think the staff team needs is the SA's to step up their game, show the community you're here, show the community you care, step up your game and lead, the staff and community needs good SA's especially without SoulRipper around (do note he's never been extremely active, that's why the SA's are supposed to be here).

I 100% agree with this. Divey and Tomo have a collection of 8 posts in the month of November publicly on the forums. (8 for Divey 0 for Tomo) To go further into that. Tomo has not posted publicly on the forums since October 7th. October 7th was the day that Divey was repromoted to Super Admin. That is a joke in itself, to be honest. A community needs leaders. Right now we have admins doing things without Super Admins or discussions that are impacting the community with SAs coming out afterward stating their ill intent for it. Its a complete mess and needs fixed and if the current team is this incapable, then we need change or we should just expect nothing to come. Jonas, you can say things are in the works, but how long are we suppose to wait here patiently for that to happen? Its been over a month with nothing. Patients die quickly whenever there are no updates, no proof that change is happening. We are running in circles of disappointment and it starts right here. With the SA team.

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - [LT] Sparx - 11-28-2019

I agree with a lot of this, I think the sole biggest issue, and from what I remember this was brought up in the meeting, is that people are just getting bored of a gamemode that hasn't really changed or been built on significantly for a couple of years now. A lot of older players are very very very wealthy, and there's not a lot to work towards for them so there's really not much incentive for them to join, contrastingly, because we've been somewhat stagnant for a while, newer players (who we need to expand our playerbase) don't want to stay with us because there are similar servers with paid development teams that have essentially been able to push out bigger updates much faster than volunteers, which means their servers/gamemodes are much more advanced than ours.

Now this isn't to say that the staff team isn't part of the issue, I just don't think that the staff team is the biggest reason people are not joining.

To combat the points above, I really think we need to find a way to pay the development team or at least just stop expecting them to work on BIG updates from scratch for free, if we want them not to take forever. I can't remember who's suggestion it was, but the idea of buying and modifying scripts from a Gmod store does seem like a good solution to this imo.

As for toxic behaviour, it's tough because we want FL to be a place of free speech, I suppose it's about finding where to draw the line. I will admit that personally I am probably one of the most lenient staff members currently, and I would find it difficult to punish someone for speaking their mind as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I think ryan!'s point about too much leniency leading to even more toxicity, is very true, so perhaps we really do need to start enforcing those rules more harshly.

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - Haarek - 11-28-2019

I strongly believe there needs to be absolute and strict regulations on what type of content gets added. The download time should be as low as possible and no errors should occur when joining the server for the first time.

If you could get all the content back on the fastDL, make sure no errors occur from not having game content (CS:S and HL2:EP2) while at the same time exert an active mindset of reducing and maintaining a low content size, then going through with the inherent option of putting Fearless in the DarkRP server (labeling it as semi-serious) we would instantly see an increase in playercount over a long period of time.

This is not something I am pulling out of my ass; this is a logical approach to the problem.

There is also the indisputable argument that Counter Strike Source is not necessarily a game the potential playerbase has anymore. This becomes a problem when the map is littered with Counter Strike Source mining rocks.

Any new player that joins the game and does not have CS:S sees errors.
Expecting the person to download the content separate or buying the game is not tackling the problem and will most likely lead to an uninterested player.

Errors matter.

(11-28-2019, 03:08 PM)Sparx Wrote: I agree with a lot of this, I think the sole  biggest issue, and from what I remember this was brought up in the meeting, is that people are just getting bored of a gamemode that hasn't really changed or been built on significantly for a couple of years now. A lot of older players are very very very wealthy, and there's not a lot to work towards for them so there's really not much incentive for them to join, contrastingly, because we've been somewhat stagnant for a while, newer players (who we need to expand our playerbase) don't want to stay with us because there are similar servers with paid development teams that have essentially been able to push out bigger updates much faster than volunteers, which means their servers/gamemodes are much more advanced than ours.

I think the problem lays deeper than the assumption that people are getting bored of the gamemode. We are looking at finding completely new players that have never player Fearless before. The problem that needs to be approached is how to "funnel" people into the server

The 3 most important points to get new players are: 

- Becoming visible
 - A short first time download
 - Maintaining player interest the first hours of playtime. 

These points are the foundation for my subsequent posts. 
I agree with everything else you said, Sparx.

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - User 19014 - 11-28-2019

i cant read can u tell me in voice

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - god - 11-28-2019

900iq post

Spoiler :
[Image: pQ8qeP7.jpg?1]

fr tho aggressiveRP is lackin and should be main focus from devs imo. Map is awful for aggRP, contraband is useless for making money and there is no one to fight. Majority of the community is here for aggressiveRP, hence why there are no players now. Fix this will be a start, make it a big update which will start as a game changer. That being said it's nothing massive just slight changes to existing things in the game. It's not even hard, don't do none of these massive health kit changes or gun, just make criminal life more fun

do this and you'll get more players (aggRP players), which will promote clans, then circle of FL will restart

RE: Fearless problems + solutions - JONATHANPOO - 11-28-2019

agree with this fully and realised i was definately part of making the discord a toxic place, will change my ways, but repeating onto what sparx said really.