Different Games - Branching Out?
(10-20-2019, 02:29 PM)Ranger Wrote: not FLs demographic

I had the same situation with my own community, I was looking for a new game that everyone would want to play.
I chose 'Unturned' as a game and many of my members didn't like/play the game.
(I had around 300-400 members at the time)

After a month or two from that game alone, my community got an additional 5,000 members.
(which then meant that most of my community liked/played the game)

So saying "not FLs demographic" could be true right now, but it may not be true if FL was to branch out into those games. There's only one way to find out though.

Also if it's "not FLs demographic", then you won't have to worry about splitting the playerbase as the people that play on those games will be mostly newer members from those games.

So it's a win win situation
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 2 users Like RIC0H's post:
  • Lewwings, Conn
(10-20-2019, 02:44 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 02:29 PM)Ranger Wrote: not FLs demographic

I had the same situation with my own community, I was looking for a new game that everyone would want to play.
I chose 'Unturned' as a game and many of my members didn't like/play the game.
(I had around 300-400 members at the time)

After a month or two from that game alone, my community got an additional 5,000 members.
(which then meant that most of my community liked/played the game)

So saying "not FLs demographic" could be true right now, but it may not be true if FL was to branch out into those games. There's only one way to find out though.

Also if it's "not FLs demographic", then you won't have to worry about splitting the playerbase as the people that play on those games will be mostly newer members from those games.

So it's a win win situation

You are delusional. What newer members are you talking about? Do you think FL with fucking part-time developers will be able to battle communities like DayZ RP that have full times developers working just for the server?
(10-20-2019, 04:50 PM)Dimitris Wrote: You are delusional. What newer members are you talking about?

Do you think that the entire community of GTA5 or ARMA play on just 1 server?
No, ofc they don't and it would be stupid to think so. People play on different servers and play on the ones they like (it's like I don't just play on FL's server for Gmod, I play on a few)

I play on other Gmod servers as they have things that FL doesn't, and I play on FL as it has things other server do not.

It would be the same with other games too with other people.

Also there are other reason as to why someone may be looking for another server to play on, such as:
Being banned from a server
A toxic community
Friends leaving the game
and so on..

Now ofc the server isn't going to be full straight away, it'll need to be advertised and offer unique things and it'll grow as time goes on.

(10-20-2019, 04:50 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Do you think FL with fucking part-time developers will be able to battle communities like DayZ RP that have full times developers working just for the server?

I never said anything about DayZ..
Plus I don't like/play DayZ and have never heard of DayZRP until this thread.

Also when my community had an Unturned server it was one of the top servers for the game, and how many devs did that server have? - 1, just me. So the number of devs don't really make that much of a difference whether a server is popular or not and nor does it if they are full time or part time.

If FL branches out to other games, then YOU can simply stick with the Gmod server. Noone is forcing you to play on other games!
(10-20-2019, 05:39 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 04:50 PM)Dimitris Wrote: You are delusional. What newer members are you talking about?

Do you think that the entire community of GTA5 or ARMA play on just 1 server?
No, ofc they don't and it would be stupid to think so. People play on different servers and play on the ones they like (it's like I don't just play on FL's server for Gmod, I play on a few)

I play on other Gmod servers as they have things that FL doesn't, and I play on FL as it has things other server do not.

It would be the same with other games too with other people.

Also there are other reason as to why someone may be looking for another server to play on, such as:
Being banned from a server
A toxic community
Friends leaving the game
and so on..

Now ofc the server isn't going to be full straight away, it'll need to be advertised and offer unique things and it'll grow as time goes on.

(10-20-2019, 04:50 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Do you think FL with fucking part-time developers will be able to battle communities like DayZ RP that have full times developers working just for the server?

I never said anything about DayZ..
Plus I don't like/play DayZ and have never heard of DayZRP until this thread.

Also when my community had an Unturned server it was one of the top servers for the game, and how many devs did that server have? - 1, just me. So the number of devs don't really make that much of a difference whether a server is popular or not and nor does it if they are full time or part time.

If FL branches out to other games, then YOU can simply stick with the Gmod server. Noone is forcing you to play on other games!

Unturned does not require any sort of skill, you work with addons that's all, it does not take any coding. Also which server did you own? I used to play a lot of unturned.
Fearless isn't the server it used to be, pulls in 50 or so on a good day. It doesn't need to move on branch out, wait til GMOD becomes literally unusable then move onto another game. The appeal of GMOD is that it's a cheap game that's easily customised and literally everyone owns it, not to mention a 15 year old laptop could run it. The next jump which seems obvious would be GTA 5.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
(10-20-2019, 07:50 PM)Chad Wrote: Fearless isn't the server it used to be, pulls in 50 or so on a good day. It doesn't need to move on branch out, wait til GMOD becomes literally unusable then move onto another game. The appeal of GMOD is that it's a cheap game that's easily customised and literally everyone owns it, not to mention a 15 year old laptop could run it. The next jump which seems obvious would be GTA 5.

I agree to most things other than the 15-year-old laptop running gmod. Especially on fearless that's a big no-no
I feel like waiting for the moment gmod becomes literally unusable is a big no no - but I see your points and can agree mostly
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
(10-20-2019, 07:50 PM)Chad Wrote: Fearless isn't the server it used to be, pulls in 50 or so on a good day. It doesn't need to move on branch out

"50 or so on a good day" is exactly the reason FL needs to branch out, to attract more players..

Also the min specs of other games are not that far off Gmod tbh:

Spoiler :
Gmod
Processor: 2 GHz Processor or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512MB dedicated VRAM or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 9 compatible

GTA5
OS: Windows 10 64 Bit, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Storage: 72 GB available space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible

ARMA
Processor:Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT / AMD Radeon HD 5670 / Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
DirectX®:10
Hard Drive:32 GB free space

I used to play all 3 games on an old laptop and was playable, sure I was getting around 20 FPS at the time, but back then it was what I was used to so it didn't bother me.

You can also get the games cheaper from other sites such as G2A.
(10-21-2019, 05:37 AM)RIC0H Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 07:50 PM)Chad Wrote: Fearless isn't the server it used to be, pulls in 50 or so on a good day. It doesn't need to move on branch out

"50 or so on a good day" is exactly the reason FL needs to branch out, to attract more players..

Also the min specs of other games are not that far off Gmod tbh:

Spoiler :
Gmod
Processor: 2 GHz Processor or better
Graphics: 512MB dedicated VRAM or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 9 compatible

GTA5
OS: Windows 10 64 Bit, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Storage: 72 GB available space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible

ARMA
Processor:Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT / AMD Radeon HD 5670 / Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
DirectX®:10
Hard Drive:32 GB free space

I used to play all 3 games on an old laptop and was playable, sure I was getting around 20 FPS at the time, but back then it was what I was used to so it didn't bother me.

You can also get the games cheaper from other sites such as G2A.

GMOD and GMOD with the FL game mode on it has a HUGE difference.
(10-21-2019, 11:43 AM)Dimitris Wrote: GMOD and GMOD with the FL game mode on it has a HUGE difference.

Please provide the minimum specs for playing on FL then.

If anything, the specs will be more than the minimum Gmod specs, which will close the gap between Gmod>Arma/GTA5.
This will mean that most people that play on FL will also most likely be able to run Arma/GTA5 too.