Different Games - Branching Out?
Good morning everyone,
I'd like to start a discussion regarding the possibility of FL branching out into different games, whether they be for RP or not.
GMod is at the point where it's as good as we'll really get it, with odd updates here and there, but most major points have been reached, and the gamemode is becoming ever more old and unstable. I don't think it's dead - just yet, but it's definitely creeping closer and closer to the point where we cannot really improve upon without really revamping/recreating everything better.
I personally think it's about the time to start looking at alternative avenues to run alongside the GMod server, and maybe even take over eventually. There are multiple games that we can look to for different experiences, that will offer a much better user experience when it comes to the majority of RP (which tends to be aggressive nowadays..)

My suggestions would be:
  • GTA V - FiveM
  • ArmA 3 - Altis Life
  • GMod Minigames (TTT, etc) - Thanks Yonno
Both are full of players, much newer, and much more reliable. There's also the possibility for different games - feel free to list any and I can add them to the list.

Non-CityRP games could be considered too, games such as Rust, for example?

I'm curious to see people's opinions, and hopefully we can have a friendly, civilised discussion..
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 2 users Like Conn's post:
  • User 21796, Kappatalist
I wanna play TTT
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Conn
(10-16-2019, 10:14 AM)Yonno Wrote: I wanna play TTT

No reason why not - easy to set up and it'll basically run itself
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

This will split the current community up but will also increase the newer players. It's worth a shot, big risk though.
Wolven

(10-16-2019, 10:57 AM)Wolven Wrote: This will split the current community up but will also increase the newer players. It's worth a shot, big risk though.

I do agree it’s a risk, however it expands into much bigger communities of players in different games. We may lose a few on the main GMod server, but we have to adapt or die, really.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

No, simply no. If you decide to do that just shut down the GMOD server there is no way the GMOD server will be able to survive that. All it will do is split the community. Maybe just add some minigames like TTT murder etc. Expanding in to a whole different game is a huge risk and in my opinion, it's not worth it.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Wolven
If you do this you WILL kill the server. At least the Gmod server, that is.
I mean let me also add that in the survey the community clearly said a big FAT no to branching out on new games, so why don't we focus on what the community asked for?
deathrun
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
Agario
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.