Why don't you play Fearless?
I could understand the reasoning being simplicity, but even then there needs to be a change. The models, sounds, and the balancing need work. If FL wants simplicity just upgrade the set yall have now or use something like M9K with more variety and better sounds and models. MadCow is trash in every aspect and FL wants to keep that simple feel M9K might be the option.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
(10-07-2019, 05:07 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: I could understand the reasoning being simplicity, but even then there needs to be a change. The models, sounds, and the balancing need work. If FL wants simplicity just upgrade the set yall have now or use something like M9K with more variety and better sounds and models. MadCow is trash in every aspect and FL wants to keep that simple feel M9K might be the option.

M9K, is one of the worst weapon packs in the whole of GMOD, there is multiple exploits not to mention a game breaking bug where you can stand still and shoot anywhere on the screen in the split of a second.

You have no clue what you are talking about, you are constantly bringing up the guns, and you're getting no where with it. This is due to the fact its all nonsense i havent met anyone to make such a fuss over the weapons for my whole time on FL.

Stuff needs to be added, nothing needs to be sharpened, whats in the game is fine it just needs more as we have all done it before, me personally regarding this thread, i met my end as i could not progress within the community anymore, but the weapons are honestly fine.

If you are struggling with the weapons i understand your frustration but just simply practice and become better.

But stuff needs to be added, to keep players hooked, some stuff can be refined and made better i agree just i dont know why you think the guns need it, and also, i believe how some players are spoken down to and treated could be changed, then the rest is staff management, no one having passion.

The list goes on, but help the community and dont keep pointing out the issues.

Im sure, Soul knows his community is in trouble, or his pocket whatever he cares about more because he has come out and addressed the issues, he just needs to do something about it, which is going to take a good set of balls as some people need upsetting for shit to work for a long period of time.

But, as said the dev team are also aware of their issues etc.

So, support them and help them get through the issues other than keep pointing them out, these conversations are just pointless every post is the same, especially when you talk about the guns you have made like 20 posts.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Dimitris
my main issue with the weapons right now is that they're extremely easy to use, massively outdated sound and model-wise, and unbalanced. With most of the weapons, you can literally shoot lasers of projectiles due to no recoil if crouched. Not to mention pistols are severely nerfed, doing 2 damage per shot (That isn't factoring in kevlar.

No matter the mod, it can be modified, balanced, and fixed. It just seems no one was willing to mention it loud enough. I seem to not be the only one who thinks this taking a short search in FL's history.

To help a community, you HAVE to have criticism. Not pointing out the broken parts in an engine will leave it not running. 

I focus a LOT on the weapons because Aggro RP is the main reason most people play. If you want I'd gladly go into detail about how Contraband is a cash cow that requires no skill or RP level, how the economy is fucked beyond recognition, how a ban wipe would do no good, etc.

I don't hate FL and people seem to think I do because I have such a strong opinion against certain topics, but in reality I've been with this community since 2012 and coming back recently and seeing it going to shit isn't fun, especially when I see people wanting to keep troubled parts of the GM and focusing on adding rather than combining.

At the end of the day, FL is dying, not from a lack of development or interest, but from having no path to follow. Y'all keep adding and adding (Which btw, y'all do have some good shit on here), but there is no combining previous and new systems. No one is optimizing or changing core systems to be better suited and balanced. No offense to the development team who put their heart and soul into volunteering, but it seems there is a seriously lack of consistency and leadership internally, even when there were SA's.
The following 1 user Likes Soviethooves's post:
  • Kappatalist
(10-07-2019, 05:07 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: I could understand the reasoning being simplicity, but even then there needs to be a change. The models, sounds, and the balancing need work. If FL wants simplicity just upgrade the set yall have now or use something like M9K with more variety and better sounds and models. MadCow is trash in every aspect and FL wants to keep that simple feel M9K might be the option.

Stop bringing up the weapons man, the madcow weapons pack suits FL and they are never going to change to any other weapons pack, get over it honestly.
(10-07-2019, 08:28 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

Stop bringing up the weapons man, the madcow weapons pack suits FL and they are never going to change to any other weapons pack, get over it honestly.

Why so hostile? I'm hard set on my opinion and you are hard set on yours. Why can't you just live with me not liking MadCow Weapons? If you wanna discuss the weapons at least bring some criticism. You seem to understand my stance and your own so I see no reason to be in constant conflict with me.

EDIT: Sounded a little hostile myself, sorry about that.
The following 2 users Like Soviethooves's post:
  • Lewwings, Kappatalist
The weapons are fine.

They was balanced a while ago.

With crouching if someone crouches during a gun fight and you're actually good at AggRP, you'll make them look silly.

So, im guessing you've been killed one too many times.
perqe
Donator

(10-07-2019, 08:20 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: my main issue with the weapons right now is that they're extremely easy to use, massively outdated sound and model-wise, and unbalanced. With most of the weapons, you can literally shoot lasers of projectiles due to no recoil if crouched. Not to mention pistols are severely nerfed, doing 2 damage per shot (That isn't factoring in kevlar.

No matter the mod, it can be modified, balanced, and fixed. It just seems no one was willing to mention it loud enough. I seem to not be the only one who thinks this taking a short search in FL's history.

To help a community, you HAVE to have criticism. Not pointing out the broken parts in an engine will leave it not running. 

I focus a LOT on the weapons because Aggro RP is the main reason most people play. If you want I'd gladly go into detail about how Contraband is a cash cow that requires no skill or RP level, how the economy is fucked beyond recognition, how a ban wipe would do no good, etc.

I don't hate FL and people seem to think I do because I have such a strong opinion against certain topics, but in reality I've been with this community since 2012 and coming back recently and seeing it going to shit isn't fun, especially when I see people wanting to keep troubled parts of the GM and focusing on adding rather than combining.

At the end of the day, FL is dying, not from a lack of development or interest, but from having no path to follow. Y'all keep adding and adding (Which btw, y'all do have some good shit on here), but there is no combining previous and new systems. No one is optimizing or changing core systems to be better suited and balanced. No offense to the development team who put their heart and soul into volunteering, but it seems there is a seriously lack of consistency and leadership internally, even when there were SA's.

Also, i have probably been a pain in the back side for FL at the best of times, as i have lots of criticism so dont act like i have no clue what it is. You're not some brain box because you know what it is or how to give it.

Furthermore, i can tell your knowledge isnt that great, it isnt the weapons, times the kevlar is known to bug out and even though it says you have it on, you still get killed in like a quick spray.

Kevlar has been bugged for like 2 years, its been on and off, really inconsistent, a little like your "criticism".
perqe
Donator

You seem really hell bent on trying to prove me wrong when in the end it really isn’t doing much. If you wanna know I’ve been testing IG these problems and they are in fact present. No need to get (again, can’t believe I have to mention this) hostile over criticism. Same with the name calling. The kevlar being glitched for two years had nothing to do with my argument except that I mentioned it wasn’t used in the test. If anything you helped me point out that there is another manor issue with the PvP System. If you wanna discuss further, send me a PM and I’ll gladly discuss, but for now if all you’re going to do is attack the person instead of the argument then that shows where your problem really lies. Sorry you don’t agree with my opinion nor I yours, but sometimes it just doesn’t happens
(10-07-2019, 08:30 PM)Soviethooves Wrote:

Why so hostile? I'm hard set on my opinion and you are hard set on yours. Why can't you just live with me not liking MadCow Weapons? If you wanna discuss the weapons at least bring some criticism. You seem to understand my stance and your own so I see no reason to be in constant conflict with me.

Hostile? Maybe you are a bit too sensitive my guy. I simply told you that nothing will come out of this. It's been suggested before and it got denied every time.
(10-08-2019, 05:24 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 08:30 PM)Soviethooves Wrote:

Hostile? Maybe you are a bit too sensitive my guy. I simply told you that nothing will come out of this. It's been suggested before and it got denied every time.

It's more the fact how condescending it is coming from you. Since in other threads you are the one continuously saying "it's my opinion" and not budging. For you to come in and say get over it is just condescending. 

Like I said in the discord. It's not worth it to change from an okay or meh gun system to an okay system. Our best bet would be to continue updating the current weapons to make them satisfactory if anything.