Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(10-01-2019, 02:20 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 01:49 PM)Jaded Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

What makes you think (S)A activity and more updates will contribute to a bigger player count? 
There is no parallel between the two
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(10-01-2019, 02:45 PM)Midget Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 01:49 PM)Jaded Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

What makes you think (S)A activity and more updates will contribute to a bigger player count? 
There is no parallel between the two

If there is no SA activity there is no change, to begin with. FL needs to kick it into gear and promote someone.

I didnt say updates will contribute to a bigger player counter. Don't know how you came to that conclusion. I do, however, believe that what updates are being pushed out now are not beneficial in affecting the player count as they dont make someone get on more than once to look at it and move on.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • don
i thought fl was dead 5 months ago
[Image: gn3iiwj]
(10-01-2019, 01:49 PM)Jaded Wrote: So basically everyone seems to agree on a lack of direction and transparency? A sort of super developer who ensured tasks were more unified in their goal, end the piecemeal strategy of development regarding multiple small updates and focus on singular larger projects (whilst equally accepting that devs can't have strict timeframes for personal reasons). Additionally, we need transparency on admin ongoings, back door chats are all fun and games but some public information is nice. Someone earlier pointed out the inactivity of admins. Tomo has practically resigned and multiple staff members can do days without being present, On that note can we stop hiding our last visits if we are an admin, SPARK, DIVEY, and JONAS if there is a genuine reason to hide, so be it, but from the community perspective it seems like you're hiding your own inactivity. Right now FL has no SA and that's basically the crux of this whole thing, Soulripper doesn't want to micromanage the servers ongoings and that's fine but PLEASE give someone the power to make decisions swiftly, someone who can control what the devs do and what the admins do. Democracy doesn't really work as a business strategy here as shown by this 10-page representation of Beirut.

We did have a "super developer" that was Awestruck until his recent resignation. The development team I believe sees where the focal point should change after this thread. But timetables are something we cannot place on updates as well as assignments. The devs do this for free and if you start doing that it becomes a job and you will see an even bigger decline on updates. What needs to be found is a middle ground where developers get more benefits on the server in exchange for certain changes to how updates are released. Find that ground, however, is something that whoever takes over for Awestruck on the development side will have to figure out.

What would you like transparency on? Or are you just making a general claim? Because I honestly feel like the staff team does okay in this aspect.

Tomo, on the other hand, is an issue and there is no update on what is going on with him. He hasn't made a comment in regards to Awestruck resignation and even worse hasnt made a public post in approximately a months time now which as the sole SA speaks wonders. I will say having your "last visit" hidden does not do much in terms of showing how active you are. You can simply just go to their profile and you can view post counts in a certain amount of time as I just did with Tomo.
 Well Awestruck is gone so we need someone to replace that role and more arguably, while I certainly respect Awes he isn't exactly what I mean in the term "super developer". As for timescales, I agree hence my sidenote of respecting devs cant have timeframes. Theoretically, I agree with rewards for developers but I struggle to find what would work as an IG reward, in a perfect world we would have some reinvestment of the servers 'donations' into financially rewarding development but we've accepted that as not a possibility. 

In terms of transparency, I mean, can we get some clarity on what is going to happen with the SA mess, realistically which admins are they looking at for promotion, how is the decision going to be made (It certainly won't be Tomo inputting). Additionally, I used the terms as a vague umbrella for the @call problem and role of admins, as well as the team's structure. As a community, we need to know if it is something they intend to tackle or if this is how admins will be incorporated into FL henceforth. Who is policing the admins if not Tomo or Soul, the power structure feels broken and the general vibe is to turn a blind eye to the failure of fellow admins.

As for the hidden visits, you only further prove the pointlessness of hiding your last visit when your last post is public, it just allows the community to more quickly view the admins and their activity without having to go through unnecessary hoops. It's a simple way to judge admins as it lets us see if they've even opened this website in 10 days.
[Image: zOyqdDm.png]
                      ♥♥ My two favourite gamer girls♥♥                                                                        [2012 Forge]
The following 2 users Like Jaded's post:
  • Lewwings, Fultz
I personally do think that we need an *active* SA asap who is able to get ahold of Soul when he's needed, and is there to help guide development and help with queries, etc. By no means is FL dead, it just needs a kick up the arse to get things back on track. Throwing blame at individuals is unfair and not accurate, though.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 3 users Like Conn's post:
  • Jaded, Lewwings,
I don't feel FL is suddenly dying. It's just like LL. City RP is just in a rut due to a lack of any real goal. They're both fun in their own right, but as of now it's become a fact of focusing development on a game made in 2004 that, although has a stable playerbase, is not built upon by previous updates. It seems the priority is to add more content instead of fixing or optimizing the current systems already available.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Soviethooves's post:
  • Zona
[Image: unknown.png]

Activity like this needs to be combated. Before that, he had not opened the forums since 03-09-2019.

It's disgraceful.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

My thoughts is thaat its kinda expected. The gamemode has been around since 2008, and it has evolved since the start but its more than just the gamemode. Gmod is too outdated.

Its sad since its a gamemode alot of us have spent major time, effort and invested ourselves in, but i think its about time something big changes. And with that i dont mean maps, guns or cars. Its time to move on from gmod and find a newer and better alternative. The options are out there and i bet alot of us enjoy rp servers on other games.

Fl has its charms, pros and cons. But, i also think many players are moving on to the next gen games. We cant sit here and complain about playerbases dropping anymore.

In my opinion shortly written. I think its time for people to either move on, or hope that the community would transfer to a new game.

as much as i love FL, ive had well 2 months without playing and some time to reflect on the server and this is my opinion on that matter, its expected
(10-01-2019, 04:33 AM)S!RNARC Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 11:19 PM)JeffreyEpstein Wrote: The cringe is coursing through your veins

hahahahhahaha fuck you

Eminem fan responds to former Navy Seal with disrespect
(10-01-2019, 05:31 PM)JeffreyEpstein Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 04:33 AM)S!RNARC Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 11:19 PM)JeffreyEpstein Wrote: The cringe is coursing through your veins

hahahahhahaha fuck you

Eminem fan responds to former Navy Seal with disrespect
Why are you disrespecting then?
Signature removed, too large - DVN