Poll: Should a rank similar to Teacher be brought back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes bring back teacher.
60.87%
42 60.87%
No I do not think it should.
36.23%
25 36.23%
I am unsure.
2.90%
2 2.90%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Teacher Vote
(10-15-2018, 08:11 PM)Pollux Wrote: Teachers massively helped give a reason for people to passiveRP. While everyone will deny it, people roleplayed to try and get points or even work towards the rank. There's just no incentive anymore so it's no suprise passiveRP is dying out.

But there is an incentive as points haven't disappeared, yes they are more rare but they haven't just vanished.

Teachers were helpful in some ways but you don't need a rank to be helpful and admins can give out points, so I see little point.
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Tomo
(10-15-2018, 07:40 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 07:30 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 07:26 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 01:26 PM)Tomo Wrote: It's not coming back.

That's a mature response by our SA. Although more than half the community wants it back you just come up with a response like that.
Keep it up!

There's nothing immature about it. Don't you value honesty?

I just find sad how you ignore what the community wants. Btw I didn't know the word honesty exists in your vocabulary

Oh Dimitris fuck off.

Not "half the community" wants this back, only half of those who have voted. There is nothing wrong with Tomo's response so stop starting shit. I know you want attention and think the SAs are mega-abusers, but seriously keep it out of here, nobody wants to see your steaming pile of shit "argument".

Get woke or go broke.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-15-2018, 08:17 PM)Coffee Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 08:11 PM)Pollux Wrote: Teachers massively helped give a reason for people to passiveRP. While everyone will deny it, people roleplayed to try and get points or even work towards the rank. There's just no incentive anymore so it's no suprise passiveRP is dying out.

But there is an incentive as points haven't disappeared, yes they are more rare but they haven't just vanished.

Teachers were helpful in some ways but you don't need a rank to be helpful and admins can give out points, so I see little point.

Points are too rare that people just don't seem to bother. The rank helped give people something to work towards and look up to. They were pretty much rolemodels for the server. We could have expanded their role to be more roleplay focus but the rank was removed instead of being improved.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-15-2018, 08:19 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 07:26 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 01:26 PM)Tomo Wrote: It's not coming back.

That's a mature response by our SA. Although more than half the community wants it back you just come up with a response like that.
Keep it up!

I just find sad how you ignore what the community wants. Btw I didn't know the word honesty exists in your vocabulary

Oh Dimitris fuck off.

Not "half the community" wants this back, only half of those who have voted. There is nothing wrong with Tomo's response so stop starting shit. I know you want attention and think the SAs are mega-abusers, but seriously keep it out of here, nobody wants to see your steaming pile of shit "argument".

Get woke or go broke.

I know you want to lick the SA's ass but trust me it won't get you anything. Just get off my dick child Tomo is a big boy let him talk for himself.
Can we stay on topic fellas, cheers.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Tomo, Wolven
(10-15-2018, 08:25 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 08:19 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 07:26 PM)Dimitris Wrote: That's a mature response by our SA. Although more than half the community wants it back you just come up with a response like that.
Keep it up!

Oh Dimitris fuck off.

Get woke or go broke.

I know you want to lick the SA's ass but trust me it won't get you anything. Just get off my dick child Tomo is a big boy let him talk for himself.

Oh please, you think I'm that low in life that I lick other people for online authority? Get over yourself. I'm taking you head on because all you do is rant and moan uselessly, the fact that you had to use a personal insult to me to make a "point" proves you have no substance to use.

If you wish to continue this, let's take it to PM, because this is a dumb argument.

edit - didn't see awes comment, whoops

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Baskingner
(10-15-2018, 08:19 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 08:17 PM)Coffee Wrote:

Points are too rare that people just don't seem to bother. The rank helped give people something to work towards and look up to. They were pretty much rolemodels for the server. We could have expanded their role to be more roleplay focus but the rank was removed instead of being improved.

But they weren't very many teachers in the past that could be considered role models, many applied just for the rank and the perks then put in minimal effort, or tried their hardest to use it to get a higher rank, or just got the rank to give points to their friends. The rank was designed to give normal players a way of helping others whilst still being a normal player, and in ways it succeeded but in others it was flawed and not very good. 

I personally have only ever seen one or two teachers that i would consider a "role model", the rest fit into the categories that i mentioned earlier.
Don’t end this thread please just punish those insulting.
I’m not saying this to come across as completely opposed or closed-minded, I’m just genuinely curious: what are the arguments for reinstating the teacher role other than a greater influx of RPP? Keep in mind teachers did not always have the power to give points.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Zecon's post:
  • Lewwings
So let me get this right, you lot want to reinstate a useless rank instead of making a stable server with a stable player base. There are a lot more important things to worry about right now instead of a rank that has no affect on the server what so ever. The teacher rank was taken out for a reason, because it simply wasn’t needed anymore. If it suits your style maybe suggest adding more trial admins so that they can hand out role play points.