Should Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia leave the EU?
Those countries are free to leave the EU at any time when they want. They dont want to because the EU is one of the few international institutions that keeps them out of the Russian sphere of influence.

So its either taking up refugees like everyone else, or accept the risk of Russia wanting to expand or deciding they need an extra port or province. You cant have it both ways people.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Archer, Joulle
I'd like to add that the videos you posted are from an obviously biased source that has repeatedly made xenophobic remarks. Do I like refugees myself?No, but then if you are in the EU you do what other EU countries do. You can't have the benefits without responsibilities, and if you don't want the responsibilities the door is open.
And I'm not generalising anything, for all I care the three largest parties in Poland are all right-wing, two of them far-right.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Joulle
(09-14-2018, 01:40 PM)Baskingner Wrote: So its either taking up refugees like everyone else, or accept the risk of Russia wanting to expand or deciding they need an extra port or province. You cant have it both ways people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_NATO
The following 1 user Likes Prosto's post:
  • juicyorange
(09-14-2018, 02:45 PM)Prosto Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 01:40 PM)Baskingner Wrote: So its either taking up refugees like everyone else, or accept the risk of Russia wanting to expand or deciding they need an extra port or province. You cant have it both ways people.

"one of the few"
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(09-14-2018, 02:46 PM)Archer Wrote:

"one of the few"

It saddens me to see my fellow slavic countries join NATO. An organisation which members have caused us so much damage. Im happy Serbia has not joined.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
(09-14-2018, 03:03 PM)Eclipze Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 02:46 PM)Archer Wrote:

"one of the few"

It saddens me to see my fellow slavic countries join NATO. An organisation which members have caused us so much damage. Im happy Serbia has not joined.
However, the slavic countries that have joined NATO have a very valid reason and in most cases need it to help themselves out and have strong allies.
The EU has done such horrible things to Poland!

Terrible things, such as (but not limited to):

- Doubling the Polish GDP per capita (since 2004)
- Sending $56 billion in development funds between 2007 and 2013
- Protecting them (and the Baltic States) from Russia.

It's completely justified that Poland makes a fuss about taking in refugees - I mean, after all, it's not like they are one of the richest countries in Eastern Europe? It's not like Turkey, a country with a lower GDP per capita has taken in 3 million refugees, and Lebanon, a country that is 30 times smaller than Poland and has an even lower GPD per capita, has taken in 1 million refugees - yet Poland has only taken in 0 refugees? And to your point about economic migrants - refugees are temporary. Noone is forcing you to keep these refugees forever, and they probably don't want to stay forever either.

I mean, of course - you're not the one making decisions and I don't blame you for this happening (Of course, I can't be completely sure about your opinion on the subject either, but based on the tone you're setting in this thread, I think I know what you think of the EU). But I just hope you realize that your government is exploiting nationalism/patriotism into making you think that the EU is out to get you. They're not - the reason you're being "threatened" is because your government is taking increasingly authoritarian measures.
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Joulle
Ultimetly, the EU should not govern what Poland does though. They have the right to make choices and thats what the majority of people from Hungary and Poland want
(09-14-2018, 03:40 PM)Emil Wrote: The EU has done such horrible things to Poland!

Terrible things, such as (but not limited to):

- Doubling the Polish GDP per capita (since 2004)
- Sending $56 billion in development funds between 2007 and 2013
- Protecting them (and the Baltic States) from Russia.

It's completely justified that Poland makes a fuss about taking in refugees - I mean, after all, it's not like they are one of the richest countries in Eastern Europe? It's not like Turkey, a country with a lower GDP per capita has taken in 3 million refugees, and Lebanon, a country that is 30 times smaller than Poland and has an even lower GPD per capita, has taken in 1 million refugees - yet Poland has only taken in 0 refugees? And to your point about economic migrants - refugees are temporary. Noone is forcing you to keep these refugees forever, and they probably don't want to stay forever either.

I mean, of course - you're not the one making decisions and I don't blame you for this happening (Of course, I can't be completely sure about your opinion on the subject either, but based on the tone you're setting in this thread, I think I know what you think of the EU). But I just hope you realize that your government is exploiting nationalism/patriotism into making you think that the EU is out to get you. They're not - the reason you're being "threatened" is because your government is taking increasingly authoritarian measures.

I think thats the least they can do after ditching Poland in 2 wars and making it the forefront in Nazi and Soviet occupation
(09-14-2018, 04:03 PM)£10 Cro Wrote: Ultimetly, the EU should not govern what Poland does though. They have the right to make choices and thats what the majority of people from Hungary and Poland want

Poland, like any other EU members, has obligations it has to follow. This is what you signed up for when you joined.

(09-14-2018, 04:04 PM)£10 Cro Wrote: I think thats the least they can do after ditching Poland in 2 wars and making it the forefront in Nazi and Soviet occupation

Last I checked, the EU consisted of more than just the UK and France. Also, what's the other war? I don't remember any recent wars where Poland was invaded, excluding World War 2. And even then, you and the other Eastern european countries are recieving huge amounts of monetary support.
The following 2 users Like Emil's post:
  • Archer, Joulle