RPPs are dead
(07-24-2018, 09:19 AM)Huskii Wrote: I 100% Completely agree.

I don't like the sentiment around RPP's "You shouldn't roleplay to try and get RPP"... Why not? It gives people a goal/ incentive to roleplay better and currently the server is being taken over by AggRP, I'm guilty of this myself.

What would people's opinions be on "Roleplay Ambassador" as such. People who have to apply for the role and are given the ability to give out RPP's. Obviously this could be exploited by giving out RPP's to friends. But to counter that they could be given fairly severe punishment if they are found to be just giving them out for nothing?

I feel like something needs to be done like this or similar to it, I don't think however it needs the return of the teacher rank because people are very helpful in OOC to new players/ people with questions.

You're completely right, it's good to have more incentives for people to do something else than aggressiveRP because right now roleplaying is very much outbalanced. I think we need another rank that is able to give RPPs in order to balance out roleplay again. The idea of a roleplay ambassador sounds very appealing, curious to see what the staff have to say about that.
I agree with you that the teacher rank doesn't necessarily needs to be brought back, since people are very much willing to help in OOC. But we need another rank that is able to give RPPs.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Huskii
made a thread like this before, they started getting given out again.

then teachers got removed

now no admins are ever online so nobody gets RPP

they also blacklist people for fuckall
The following 4 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Zona, Wolven, Cyclone
agreed.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
I disagree.

I think the best role-plays are the ones by individuals that aren't seeking RPP and to "unlock" the next useless item. I would prefer to see developments to PassiveRP that'll make it more enjoyable.

Teacher rank was always an issue for me and was prone to attracting players who had helping others as their second priority and instead having the power to distribute RPP at their own will as their first. I'd prefer to see an alternative to RPP that any player can give out, such as a commendation, with a limit to giving out (1) per day and it'll just show in the scoreboard and give players recognition from peers that they're doing something great. It wouldn't show on the stats page as it isn't something we would want individuals to compete for and it'd probably just lead to friends giving friends points.
After seeing one of these threads a while back, I remember I started giving out a lot more RPP than I used to before. Unfortunatly, the people who really gave out RPP frquently (Me, Wolven, Rockdad, Chumps) have been demoted or the rank has been removed. Now barely any RPP's are given out, which is quite disappointing.
The following 3 users Like Willem de Walrus's post:
  • juicyorange, Wolven, Spartan_KCT
I had a chat with Jessica about this and I told her that I’m starting to regret that I returned back to FL. I can’t even setup a Roleplay without having minges in it which makes me annoyed and doesn’t really give me the Roleplay experience I had when we had active staff members who were online basically 24/7. I remember that Finn was online from when I woke up to when I went to bed. He was even online at 3-4am! We always had someone to receive help on when I got most of my RPP’s because our roleplays was protected by staff members. They are not protect anymore and minges get away with their actions, which results in us stop role playing and leave the server. I wish we had staff members like we had when TheSiphon, JoeJoe, Finn, Janzo was online and was responding to calls and questions. If I even like ask a question, the only staff members I could except to receive an answer from was Sparx and Rockdad. Even if it was a prop raise request, they would respond with why the couldn’t approve it to let me know or ask more about the dupe. I still receive great response from Sparx for all of my questions regards ingame bugs etc, but not from the rest of the team. It makes me believe that the staff are lazy and don’t care. “Staff members got a lot to do” is a response from some on the forums, but even some staff members has said and previous “It is easy to administrate a server with 50 players alone l, the only question is; Can you even be bothered?”.

That is my experience. Maybe a bit off topic but again, active staff members who see all roleplays = more RPP for regular RPs which aren’t mini events and got well-known members in it, but maybe new members or regular players who isn’t very known in the community like I am atm
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 2 users Like Zona's post:
  • Jessixa, Spartan_KCT
As Willem stated, when JackZ made a similar thread, me and a couple others took note and looked at the responses and worked around giving more points out, not just to the really good roleplays, but also to the well thoughtout and the attempt to create something good.

Now that a couple of these members were demoted or (as willem said) the rank was removed, I've seen a decline in points which is very disapointing because at the moment, all you see is fights in the slums. The teacher rank being removed was a very petty and stupid mistake in my opinion, v2d was chosen for the roleplay capabilities and the opportunities that were there, don't get me wrong, that may sound like (v2d was picked for rpp) but seriously, there was more roleplays on v5p in a day then there has been since the start of V2D. That's how little people roleplay due to the lack of points being given out.
Wolven

(07-24-2018, 09:59 PM)Wolven Wrote: As Willem stated, when JackZ made a similar thread, me and a couple others took note and looked at the responses and worked around giving more points out, not just to the really good roleplays, but also to the well thoughtout and the attempt to create something good.

Now that a couple of these members were demoted or (as willem said) the rank was removed, I've seen a decline in points which is very disapointing because at the moment, all you see is fights in the slums. The teacher rank being removed was a very petty and stupid mistake in my opinion, v2d was chosen for the roleplay capabilities and the opportunities that were there, don't get me wrong, that may sound like (v2d was picked for rpp) but seriously, there was more roleplays on v5p in a day then there has been since the start of V2D. That's how little people roleplay due to the lack of points being given out.

I'm 90% certain that V2D was chosen for nostalgia and agressiveRP l0l

OT: I don't think RPPs are the biggest issue right now and I still stand by that they shouldn't be handed out left and right.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Luna, Flux
I do agree in some ways. I believe we may be a little too strict with points at times from a personal point of view, not going against any admins as I am subject to it myself.

I think we need to keep in mind that we have rewards for a reason and people will work for that. That being said, it's really boring seeing the same old store roleplays that we've all seen before.

Top tips:

Try think of something you've NEVER seen in FL before.
Put a twist on your store/roleplay to make it unique.
Don't always concentrate on /me & /it, make the RP interesting and fun.
Find ways to get everyone involved, both the customer and yourself to make sure it's not boring.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Zona, Jessixa
(07-24-2018, 09:59 PM)Wolven Wrote: As Willem stated, when JackZ made a similar thread, me and a couple others took note and looked at the responses and worked around giving more points out, not just to the really good roleplays, but also to the well thoughtout and the attempt to create something good.

Yea, the V2d is not a good roleplay map. All the general stores across the BP are shit and few. Buildings are oldand same goes with the entire map.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Spartan_KCT