RPPs are dead
Hey guys,

Today I would like to start a discussion about roleplay points. In my opinion, since the teacher rank was removed RPP have been practically obsolete. If we just take a brief look at the rate which RPP's are given it's honestly very bad, the last one was given about a week ago.
When teachers still existed RPP's were given out mostly every day, now it seems like you need a lot of luck to get one.
I remember a lot of people telling me that RPP's used to be way more frequent, which I believe the staff should bring back.
Especially with a lot of good ideas revolving around progressive rewards for RPP's, I think we need to make sure RPP are given for good roleplay's. Not just for (mini)-events or whenever someone feels like it.
In my opinion it's pretty simple, more RPP's lead to more motivated members roleplaying at their best ability and less minging around because of boredom.

I think these points promote all kinds of roleplay and are therefore essential to be given out more frequently. But unfortunately, most admins don't seem to care about RPP at all.

Below you can see a comment made by equal, which is one I completely agree with and that I wanted to include to explain my opinion more extensively.

Quote:If I had to reach the number of RPP's I currently have, starting from scratch in today's Fearless. I wouldn't get 57 until 2039.

Roleplay points shouldn't be given for extraordinary roleplay, they should be given for roleplay that stands out or is better than decent. It doesn't always have to involve a ton of typing and usage of /me's for it to be great roleplay. Something as simple as an officer, president or even a delivery driver should be eligible to receive points.

I haven't seen a single RPP been given out since I returned to Fearless. Judging by the logs the only points given out was staff giving teachers and teachers giving other teachers/friends, multiple times a day.

Lower your expectations and standards. Open your mind and actually look for great roleplayers trying to get shit done. If they get one point, they get a taste of it and it will be an incentive for many great roleplay scenarios to come.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edit:
One option could be to add a new rank that focusses on promoting and maintaining roleplay which will be able to give out RPPs. Members would be able to apply for this rank on the forums, just like you could when applying for teacher.
We could even go as far as saying that this rank will be responsible for organizing (mini) events.
I think having a seperate rank will relief the admins because they could solely focus on their admin duties instead of needing to focus on roleplay as well.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 2 users Like Spartan_KCT's post:
  • mgdwszx, NeverBK
I agree. If I had to reach the number of RPP's I currently have, starting from scratch in today's Fearless. I wouldn't get 57 until 2039.

Roleplay points shouldn't be given for extraordinary roleplay, they should be given for roleplay that stands out or is better than decent. It doesn't always have to involve a ton of typing and usage of /me's for it to be great roleplay. Something as simple as an officer, president or even a delivery driver should be eligible to receive points.

I haven't seen a single RPP been given out since I returned to Fearless. Judging by the logs the only points given out was staff giving teachers and teachers giving other teachers/friends, multiple times a day.

Lower your expectations and standards. Open your mind and actually look for great roleplayers trying to get shit done. If they get one point, they get a taste of it and it will be an incentive for many great roleplay scenarios to come.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 3 users Like equal's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Infernaw, Floodify
I 100% percent agree.

Don't get me wrong, amazing roleplays get RPP's however 'good' roleplays do not.

From my understanding there is guidelines in place which made it very hard to get RPP's which I disagree with.

I think there should be more given out at a higher rate. Im not saying flood the market but give more out. If someone is HAVING FUN with their roleplay, i'd say they deserve a point honestly. Also, no-one wants to RP anymore due to simply none been given out. I know there is this assumption people shouldn't 'roleplay for points' but I disagree with this as people do and should as its something to look for.

IMO enjoyable roleplay (go in there have a laugh with the people doing it) deserve roleplay points. For me, roleplay points is more than just /me /it's but its the experience you get from it.
The following 8 users Like User 12049's post:
  • equal, Spartan_KCT, mgdwszx, Infernaw, Willem de Walrus, Jordy, Grunt, Cyclone
(07-24-2018, 07:56 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: --

I think there should be more given out at a higher rate. Im not saying flood the market but give more out. If someone is HAVING FUN with their roleplay, i'd say they deserve a point honestly. If they enjoy it and other people enjoy it, this is EXACTLY what we should be rewarding.

IMO enjoyable RPP (go in there have a laugh with the people doing it) should be given out more. For me, roleplay points is more than just /me /it's but its the experience you get from it.

Couldn't agree more with your last two statements. Roleplay is all about the experience and interaction between people, promoting this (with what you said) will only have a positive impact on the community.

To be fair, if we look at the definition of roleplay it is much broader than what I thought.
Role play is the act of imitating the character and behaviour of someone who is different from yourself, for example as a training exercise.
I believe if people provide an amazing or enjoyable roleplay (regardless of who it is and how many people are involved) they should be eligible for a RPP.
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • mgdwszx
(07-24-2018, 07:54 AM)equal Wrote: Roleplay points shouldn't be given for extraordinary roleplay, they should be given for roleplay that stands out or is better than decent. It doesn't always have to involve a ton of typing and usage of /me's for it to be great roleplay. Something as simple as an officer, president or even a delivery driver should be eligible to receive points.

Exactly what my opinion is as well, would it be okay if I add parts of your comment to the main post?
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(07-24-2018, 08:23 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 07:54 AM)equal Wrote: Roleplay points shouldn't be given for extraordinary roleplay, they should be given for roleplay that stands out or is better than decent. It doesn't always have to involve a ton of typing and usage of /me's for it to be great roleplay. Something as simple as an officer, president or even a delivery driver should be eligible to receive points.

Exactly what my opinion is as well, would it be okay if I add parts of your comment to the main post?

Go for it, boss.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
I'll say that since Teacher rank was remove from fearless  ,passive RP seems a little. .. Dead ( sounds super harsh to me) 
there's has been nothing more than aggressive rp everyday on the server and it's hard for me or my friends to begin an passive rp without some jerks who try to ruin our roleplay or chaos happening 

Before I leave my previous community , I plan to join the teacher rank to guide new players and let them have a wonderful experience on fearless, it's been my goal but.... I never expect the rank to be removed out of a sudden 

I was confuse, I was sad and angry a little 
I didn't want to be a trial admin because of situations to handle ,I've spoke to Lesanka about being an admin and she have told me some things about being an admin .

Roleplay points to me sometimes matter, cause some of my roleplay took weeks to plan before getting into actions 
Took me resources and research to do to plan such good roleplay for everyone 

There's time I didn't crave for RPP, I did it for fun and let everyone have a good experience for the weekend 
But.... Sometimes I do....not to show off or make everyone respect me just because I have RPP

RPP to me is like an award,  an achievement, an gift from god that I've did something wonderful 
I can't say RPP is dead, but it doesn't happen like everday due to the rank being removed compare to last time where we saw like 6 - 8 players getting RPP
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
The following 3 users Like Jessixa's post:
  • equal, Spartan_KCT, Zona
(07-24-2018, 08:35 AM)Jessixa Wrote: I'll say that since Teacher rank was remove from fearless  ,passive RP seems a little. .. Dead ( sounds super harsh to me) 
there's has been nothing more than aggressive rp everyday on the server and it's hard for me or my friends to begin an passive rp without some jerks who try to ruin our roleplay or chaos happening 

Before I leave my previous community , I plan to join the teacher rank to guide new players and let them have a wonderful experience on fearless, it's been my goal but.... I never expect the rank to be removed out of a sudden 

I was confuse, I was sad and angry a little 
I didn't want to be a trial admin because of situations to handle ,I've spoke to Lesanka about being an admin and she have told me some things about being an admin .

Roleplay points to me sometimes matter, cause some of my roleplay took weeks to plan before getting into actions 
Took me resources and research to do to plan such good roleplay for everyone 

There's time I didn't crave for RPP, I did it for fun and let everyone have a good experience for the weekend 
But.... Sometimes I do....not to show off or make everyone respect me just because I have RPP

RPP to me is like an award,  an achievement, an gift from god that I've did something wonderful 
I can't say RPP is dead, but it doesn't happen like everday due to the rank being removed compare to last time where we saw like 6 - 8 players getting RPP

Totally epic.
I 100% Completely agree.

I don't like the sentiment around RPP's "You shouldn't roleplay to try and get RPP"... Why not? It gives people a goal/ incentive to roleplay better and currently the server is being taken over by AggRP, I'm guilty of this myself.

What would people's opinions be on "Roleplay Ambassador" as such. People who have to apply for the role and are given the ability to give out RPP's. Obviously this could be exploited by giving out RPP's to friends. But to counter that they could be given fairly severe punishment if they are found to be just giving them out for nothing?

I feel like something needs to be done like this or similar to it, I don't think however it needs the return of the teacher rank because people are very helpful in OOC to new players/ people with questions.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 2 users Like Huskii's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Archer
I never liked the RPP structure FL had but in its current state i dont see how you can like it. Multiple items are locked behind something that is given once or twice a week to people who are well known with the administration team, how is that fair?

I think the community should think about a subsitution for the teacher team. It hasnt been perfect but it certainly fulfilled certain needs this community has.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Zona, Archer