Map Rotations
Fultz and I believe that a map rotation would be the best route that fearless should go with complaints about v2d arising. This would be the best solution to make everyone happy and we broke down the best way to go about it as well as what can be added with it and how it should be added. Please see below some notable points if the change were to be implemented in the future.

Map rotation

1. Removes staleness of a map and provides a fresh roleplay experience
  2. Allows everyone to be happy with selection
  3. Gives possibility of map specific items for each map - Seasonal items
  4. Gives leeway to change out a map that is not as popular for newer maps
  5. Could easily make use of previously used maps, such as V33X or V4B1, majority of development for these maps is already finished (V2D was set-up within a day).

Breakdown for successful addition of a map rotation

1. Select amount of maps you want within selected timespan. Ex: rotation every 6 months (2 maps), rotation every 3 months (4 maps), rotation every 4 months (3 maps) or rotation every 2 months (6 maps).
  2. Allow community to propose maps for selection - Allowing everyone to have their input
  3. Vote on maps with multiple selections added - Allowing people to vote for multiple maps
  4. Select maps that win popular vote for the amount of maps wanted.
  5. Develop maps selected with first rotation being most popular to least - Provides enough time as you can queue development for maps while the current is live
  6. Long-term certainty for more enjoyable servers providing a fresh experience, with short-term effort

For future development

1. Items for specific maps that can be only obtained on selected maps, this would potentially create a more in-depth economy. Ex: farming goods on maps capable, seasonal fish (river/ ocean), etc
  2. Possible development of new maps if one is not liked and taken out
  3. Yearly events based on selected maps, or seasonal events exclusive to selected maps
  4. More ideas

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Fultz, MasterNoda, sebasti161
I like the idea, however...

What if it would come to an extent where people would not play for x amount of months till a map comes that fits that player? You could have a chance of people refusing to play, due to the fact that they simply don’t like the map, which in some way might just drop the playercount even more.

If it was to succeed, it would be a great addition, but I think that a lot of thought needs to go into this. What about developers aswell? I mean, it takes ages to make a new map and fit it for the FL gamemode, would it be worth to have 4 maps, where perhaps 2 are new ones needing to be developed. I’d rather love to see developments to the gamemode than new maps for a rotation.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 5 users Like Jonas's post:
  • Pollux, Weezy_, Luna, mintblackbeard, Santaliz
If a majority of people don't like a map that is in use you can do what is said in the direct thread. Remove it and either add one everyone likes or just outright

You talk as if it takes forever to get a map ready for fearless. Think logically here. What are going to be the tot most voted for maps? V33 and v2d which both are already set up. So depending on if you want 3 or 4 maps, you only have to add one or two in the span of either 4 or 6 months And then the other in 3 months if you did 4. It doesn't take away any time.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Yonno
Don't see why we just don't have two servers again tbh.
Every season a part of the map is changed?  Cool
Personally I don't really like the idea, finding a map that the majority likes and sticking with it would make the most sense. Less hassle, less content needed, less likely for something to go wrong or break. Not everyone is going to like it but that's democracy, eh.

This is just my opinion however, I may be wrong and it could be a great success.
This is a really good idea, we have this on a mount and blade server I play on, it prevents the map from going stale which in turn keeps community member playing as the gamemode/map is constantly changing.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
(07-18-2018, 03:10 PM)kippsee Wrote: Personally I don't really like the idea, finding a map that the majority likes and sticking with it would make the most sense. Less hassle, less content needed, less likely for something to go wrong or break. Not everyone is going to like it but that's democracy, eh.

This is just my opinion however, I may be wrong and it could be a great success.

I'd personally love for a single map to be the solid solution, too. But it seems like time and time again it's extremely hard to please the entire community. Examples being V4B1 to V5P, Pines, and now V2D. Ultimately I wholeheartedly wish for the same as you do, but I don't know if it's realistic, especially not in the long run. 

Sadly a second server just can't be filled with the current playerbase, as it would also be a great solution if our playerbase could handle it.

Fultz and I just came with the idea and wanted to create a discussion for it. Naturally I'm not trying to push for a change, and this is just another random idea thrown upon the pile, but I believe that together we can come to some sort of solution to this everlasting problem of people losing interest in maps. Whatever that solution may be.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Kippsee
(07-18-2018, 03:33 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 03:10 PM)kippsee Wrote: Personally I don't really like the idea, finding a map that the majority likes and sticking with it would make the most sense. Less hassle, less content needed, less likely for something to go wrong or break. Not everyone is going to like it but that's democracy, eh.

I'd personally love for a single map to be the solid solution, too. But it seems like time and time again it's extremely hard to please the entire community. Examples being V4B1 to V5P, Pines, and now V2D. Ultimately I wholeheartedly wish for the same as you do, but I don't know if it's realistic, especially not in the long run. 

Sadly a second server just can't be filled with the current playerbase, as it would also be a great solution if our playerbase could handle it.

Fultz and I just came with the idea and wanted to create a discussion for it. Naturally I'm not trying to push for a change, and this is just another random idea thrown upon the pile, but I believe that together we can come to some sort of solution to this everlasting problem of people losing interest in maps. Whatever that solution may be.

I agree with you, you never know if it isn't tried. However the amount of different maps FL has used and the success of each map may proves that sticking may be the best idea, but as it has never been done, you just can't know.
The following 1 user Likes Kippsee's post:
  • Yonno
I think once we get settled we won't have to keep switching map. I think the only reason the V5P switch happened is because people were promised better frames, honestly I think we made a mistake ever starting that vote in thr first place. People were more than fine with being on the same map for a while.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork