Get with the Pines
(06-15-2018, 09:53 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 09:34 PM)juicyorange Wrote: -

Both maps are equally as bad lmao.

To be honest, I think we can both agree V5P is slightly better than Pines simply for the fact that V5P is Evocity and has lots of personality and has a lot of opportunity for aggressive roleplay.

And V5P is a somewhat terrible map for FL as of now, so to say it’s better than Pines simply says enough.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 2 users Like Grape's post:
  • sebasti161, Vimpto
(06-15-2018, 09:59 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 09:53 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 09:34 PM)juicyorange Wrote: -

Both maps are equally as bad lmao.

To be honest, I think we can both agree V5P is slightly better than Pines simply for the fact that V5P is Evocity and has lots of personality and has a lot of opportunity for aggressive roleplay.

And V5P is a somewhat terrible map for FL as of now, so to say it’s better than Pines simply says enough.

I'd say V5P has more opportunities and is much more characteristic to what FL should be but they're both equally as bad in the sense that they don't belong on the FL servers rn. They don't quite fit the majority of RPs.
The following 2 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • Grape, Vimpto
(06-15-2018, 09:34 PM)juicyorange Wrote: I have seen several taxis going around, stop freaking complaining about a map that has been out for less than 24 hours, nobody gives a shit.

The map is very much suited to aggressive and passive, you can contrafarm, own a shop do whatever.

Much better than V5p.

should have voted for V5p, and if you did then oh well, that is democracy you can't go back on your vote, you don't get to go back to the polling station and say you've made a mistake.

What I really liked about this map is that there are many shops which suitable for a large RP event or just for a lot of good Roleplayers.
In my opinion, the apartments are great for people who want to contra farm close, the villas are great either and give refreshing look to houses.
The lake is better than the one in v5p and for sure more accessible.
The fps is much better as well.
The only problem for me is that the map feels too big, so many long roads that you can't manage without a car.

I am willing to give it a try and guys come on give the map a go and give it some time, for now, I see that the server is almost full and we can only see if it was a good choice as the time past.
The following 2 users Like Legion's post:
  • juicyorange, Pollux
My feedback:
Considerable FPS improvement from v5p. I joined while therewere 50 players and had 45-53 FPS, a great improvement from v5p where I had 25-30 at the same number of players.
The "FL feeling" was not really noticeable, I did not see a huge change in that
However, my worst fears came out to be true. You have to drive for hours to see one player despite the server being 2/3 full. The city felt quite empty, the roads emptier. Overall the main benefit is FPS but I do not see any other good sides than that. I will join again tomorrow at prime hours when I suppose there will be more roleplays.
Oh, and it is a painful distance around even with a car.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Kryptic
I did not think about Public Transport so yeah I suppose it gives them more purpose!
A big problem is the plates don’t fit the map at all making building so frustrating it’s difficult to build and requires more props! For example when I was building In the mahogany apartments I had to use 2-3 plates to fill 1 side of the wall in an fhere would always be gaps & the windows are the most frustrating as I could not cover it up properly without the plates sticking through to the lower apartment.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Loving the map so far!
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Pollux
cant wait to try the map out
The following 1 user Likes RaZZ's post:
  • Jeffrey
Was on for a bit today, the RPs happening were amazing and player interaction seemed quite high in the city. Some people already had some amazing dupes.

I'm really liking this so far.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I hate pines because it reminds me of porcupines
[Image: 85277762-352-k938634.jpg]
(06-15-2018, 09:18 PM)Envy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:30 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Don’t get me wrong, there are good features in the map. Well, two actually: that being the shops have shutters and all locations in the map are connected like V5P and unlike v2d. But that’s it. Shutters and roads.

Even the roads are far to long. Everything is far apart and stretching making each part of the map have an isolated feel to it. Even the city somehow manages to have said isolation and I have only seen a couple of interactions take place even when there was 50+ players online.

Don’t even get me started on the ‘Nexus’ which hardly even qualifies as an office, the apartments that look like shacks found in a village in Yemen and the lake with not a cabin in sight.

The map has absolutely no personality whatsoever. It is completely boring and I hate to be the guy who says this but quite frankly I can easily see this being the map FL dies on, as if things aren’t bad enough already.

I have a pretty strong feeling that another thread will be put up, similar to the one I made which unfortunately resulted in the choosing of Pines as the ‘perfect’ map for FL to have; which has been ludicrously said by multiple users.

A Thing I haven't seen mentioned which I realized before and this post made me realize, if you don't have a car so I am looking at the newer players it takes the piss to get around especially that tunnel that takes 5 minutes even for a BMW to get through it. If you are a brand new player running to the other areas is just going to be a pain
It takes 5 minutes to get through one tunnel yet it took less than 1 minute for a small Mercedes van to go through for me?
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
The following 3 users Like Jeffrey's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Nudelsalat, juicyorange