Community Feedback
I think what the main problem here is that popularity and ability is being confused with each other.. and has for some time in the new staff team. If an administrator is abusing, then there will be clear or at least some evidence to support it, and by that the performance should be judged by. An administrator should not become SA, for example, because he's the more nicer and well liked dude, it should be evaluated by all performance throughout time, capabilities and contribution. A leader or authoritarian individual should not always be popular and befriended, it should be regarded higher.

An opinion is subjective and not definite, whilst a clear violation for set guidelines is absolute. "What do you think of [..]?" isn't enough to have a talk with a staff member and try and improve ze's performance, because it is not supported by any evidence and merely opinion would get a lot of authoritarian individuals, that do not represents the majorities interest, simply brushed under the rug. I never cared what anyone thought of me, but rather my efforts to FL.

Let the politics, although completely unqualified for it really, be left to SoulRipper. Focus on performance and value to the team as well as the community, not how well liked they are.. that will just cause ungeniune administration with admins thinking of what the public thinks of them rather than doing the harsh job that NEEDS to be done, which isn't always popular by the majority.

Popularity is a new trend that has grown far too big in FL and opinion of staff members is not something you can base disciplinary actions of. If I would have my opinion rule my SA period, then a quarter of the staff team would be long gone, but all decisions roots in practical and absolute reasons if it is to be genuine.  

But it's good to see some effort, I just think a different system for individualist evaluation should be made.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 5 users Like Floodify's post:
  • NJperry, mgdwszx, Zona, General Rickets, Random
(01-01-2018, 08:04 PM)Floodify Wrote: I think what the main problem here is that popularity and ability is being confused with each other.. and has for some time in the new staff team. If an administrator is abusing, then there will be clear or at least some evidence to support it, and by that the performance should be judged by. An administrator should not become SA, for example, because he's the more nicer and well liked dude, it should be evaluated by all performance throughout time, capabilities and contribution. A leader or authoritarian individual should not always be popular and befriended, it should be regarded higher.

An opinion is subjective and not definite, whilst a clear violation for set guidelines is absolute. "What do you think of [..]?" isn't enough to have a talk with a staff member and try and improve ze's performance, because it is not supported by any evidence and merely opinion would get a lot of authoritarian individuals, that do not represents the majorities interest, simply brushed under the rug. I never cared what anyone thought of me, but rather my efforts to FL.

Let the politics, although completely unqualified for it really, be left to SoulRipper. Focus on performance and value to the team as well as the community, not how well liked they are.. that will just cause ungeniune administration with admins thinking of what the public thinks of them rather than doing the harsh job that NEEDS to be done, which isn't always popular by the majority.

Popularity is a new trend that has grown far too big in FL and opinion of staff members is not something you can base disciplinary actions of. If I would have my opinion rule my SA period, then a quarter of the staff team would be long gone, but all decisions roots in practical and absolute reasons if it is to be genuine.  

But it's good to see some effort, I just think a different system for individualist evaluation should be made.

I agree with most of what you said, but you seem to have misunderstood, the staff section had the description to give your opinion based on the persons administrative abilities and not personal feelings, we were never after whether you liked the person or not. 

[Image: UijQhg1.png]

As I have already said most things may have to be taken with a pinch of salt as there is a lack of evidence, but even so we believe it's healthy to have a good relationship with the community and staff team, although it's not necessary.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
For all those who keep complaining about FL's current state and the administrative team.
First of all, it's already safe to say that GMod's playerbase keeps changing, and most old ones go and new ones come.
FL will never be the same like it was 2012-2014, that's not necessarily a bad thing, matter of fact, the community needs new people, and fresh admins to keep the whole community somewhere. Would it make it better if you were there as a staff member? Maybe, maybe not. Every person has their flaws and there's always room to improve, as a player, as an admin. My trial ended and I got upset of course because I expected there to be conversation so we could get to a mutual understanding where I was wrong, and where  they were wrong, but I have realized it that they just do what they want their community to be, and now that it's 2018 and they want us players to know what THEY have to do to make it better for us, that's a great thing and I like it infact.
If this thread wasn't here, there would be no change, and everything would be just like it was, lets say, 6 months ago. As I said, this thread is a good thing because the staff want to improve, and the staff needs to improve to keep the community where it is right now, GMod's a dying game, it's safe to say, the game is old, the engine is old, lag here and there, FPS 20-40 everywhere you go, but people play it because of the community and the friends they make, and for a staff team to be better than ever, it makes the whole community a better place.
This is my opinion of this whole thing.
The following 3 users Like Viljo's post:
  • Grape, Dragnort_, Zona
(01-01-2018, 08:06 PM)Divey Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:04 PM)Floodify Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

But the player in question whom has an administrative rank is regarded as an admin in all situations, so if I were to mention that an admins tendency to be quite arrogant, would that qualify for reason as to minimize the efforts of his administrative PERFORMANCE, you think? Because you're never NOT an administrator, so yet again opinions are irrelevant as it is not in direct conflict with any absolute guidelines, because being rude does not necessarily mean your performance is off. But being rude means your popularity perhaps decreases.

How do you expect users to differentiate overall style of personality and performance of administration when in, for example, a negative space they regard themselves as victims (often falsely) and have just their own narrow mind to go by rather than a set of rules or guidelines to point out that "yes, they did wrong by the standards of being admin".

"i think aw0strcok is bat admin bc i never get propraise by him, he never evaluates me!! he never thinks of me!!! hes  with his friends all the time" - so you see no evidence of this being true.. how would you be able to confront Awestruck without being flogged off for not having any substance to your claims? And if you knew this would be a tendency by him, then you'd have seen this yourself and would be able to support the claims thanks to your position.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Random, General Rickets
(01-01-2018, 08:19 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:06 PM)Divey Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:04 PM)Floodify Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

But the player in question whom has an administrative rank is regarded as an admin in all situations, so if I were to mention that an admins tendency to be quite arrogant, would that qualify for reason as to minimize the efforts of his administrative PERFORMANCE, you think? Because you're never NOT an administrator, so yet again opinions are irrelevant as it is not in direct conflict with any absolute guidelines, because being rude does not necessarily mean your performance is off. But being rude means your popularity perhaps decreases.

How do you expect users to differentiate overall style of personality and performance of administration when in, for example, a negative space they regard themselves as victims (often falsely) and have just their own narrow mind to go by rather than a set of rules or guidelines to point out that "yes, they did wrong by the standards of being admin".

"i think aw0strcok is bat admin bc i never get propraise by him, he never evaluates me!! he never thinks of me!!! hes  with his friends all the time" - so you see no evidence of this being true.. how would you be able to confront Awestruck without being flogged off for not having any substance to your claims? And if you knew this would be a tendency by him, then you'd have seen this yourself and would be able to support the claims thanks to your position.

As I've already stated it is simply there for us to being alerted of things we perhaps didn't already know, show it to the people in question to see if they can improve on the feedback given to them and for us to investigate it to see whether or not it is indeed true and to keep tabs on it, seeing (if we do find the claims to be true and are severe) whether or not the staff member in question attempts to fix the issues at hand. We'd never take action against someone if we didn't have enough evidence. As for being rude, you really shouldn't be rude as a staff member, ideally you'd be understanding to every member and attempt to be fair and just with the sits you handle.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
Just done the survey. Hope something useful will come out of this over all, as FL needs change.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Zona
I think the main problem with the staff team is certain staff members acting as if they're a big deal, some really do change upon a rank change, definitely not all though, 70% of the team is fine, but the other 30% is pure cancer for the community.

Will be interesting to see the results of the survey, would be a step in the right direction for the sake of transparency.
The following 7 users Like Jan's post:
  • Random, General Rickets, Falc, Zona, Archer, Viljo, Envy
I was honest as I could be but I really expressed my feelings on the teacher page proving how worthless the rank actually is.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • General Rickets
(01-01-2018, 07:44 PM)Lewwings Wrote: I find it rather astonishing that in a thread announcing that the staff team are willing to take advice from the community about certain aspects, some members decide to berate the staff and try to undermine their words. Seriously, it's a new year, and a new team, grow up.

You are kidding right?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Random
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)Envy Wrote: I was honest as I could be but I really expressed my feelings on the teacher page proving how worthless the rank actually is.

If it’s okay, could you drop me a PM with your reasons. I understand the survey is anonymous and if you don’t want to it’s fine. Being a teacher myself I would like to hear what people think of the team and it’s problems.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]