Additional UBR rule
Title of Suggestion: Adding a new rule to the UBR section

Description: As most of you know, there's this rule in the UBR section:
6. If no staff member replies on your unban request within 7 days, your request will always be in your advantage and your ban will be removed from your record.

My suggestion is to balance this, by making it a vice-versa thing. If the member who made the UBR fails to respond within 7 days after being replied to by a staff member, the UBR gets closed automatically.

Why: Sometimes even staff wait for several days without any response, which makes it unclear for us when we're allowed to close a UBR. This will balance both sides of a UBR discussion. As the one posting the UBR, you know how much time you have until you need to respond. And as a staff member, you know when you're allowed to close an unanswered UBR. 
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Agorith, Raccoon, goigle!
+Support however if this suggestion is approved then this one should be also (http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69335) as to balance out the field
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

(03-08-2016, 12:36 PM)Huskii Wrote: +Support however if this suggestion is approved then this one should be also (http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69335) as to balance out the field

That suggestion is about Admin Abuse, which is irrelevant to this. But okay..?
(03-08-2016, 12:43 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 12:36 PM)Huskii Wrote: +Support however if this suggestion is approved then this one should be also (http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69335) as to balance out the field

I know it is about AA cases however, this suggestion is that if a player does not respond in 7 days the thread gets closed. The other suggestion is if an SA doesn't respond in 2 weeks to an AA case. Similar suggestions but for different parts of the court house.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

(03-08-2016, 12:45 PM)Huskii Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 12:43 PM)Infernaw Wrote:

I know it is about AA cases however, this suggestion is that if a player does not respond in 7 days the thread gets closed. The other suggestion is if an SA doesn't respond in 2 weeks to an AA case. Similar suggestions but for different parts of the court house.

Feel free to read my response to that suggestion. Now please, stay on topic. This thread is about unban requests.
Keep in mind that having a 7 day limit before closing can also help the player, because the admin is not allowed to close an unreplied case earlier than after 7 days. It's a win-win thing.
Don't see any issues with this, it's kind of already how we handle it anyway. This just makes it more official.

+Support.

Agorith
Fearless Moderator
+Support

I agree with this, it's only fair as both parties are treat with exactly the same rules.
+Support
-Support

Players cannot be expected to know when a staff member is going to reply to them to constantly check their UBR.

I would support this if the player was to receive a forum PM, or a steam message to so it is in limbo. As quite often UBR's can get lost when the forum is in a mess. Or they can be missed by the player.

Also in retaliation someone might reply that staff members shouldn't be expected to reply to one in 7 days....but yes, yes they should given the size of the team and they are aware of the role they take on and what it involves.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-08-2016, 01:48 PM)Marty Wrote: -Support

Players cannot be expected to know when a staff member is going to reply to them to constantly check their UBR.

I would support this if the player was to receive a forum PM, or a steam message to so it is in limbo. As quite often UBR's can get lost when the forum is in a mess. Or they can be missed by the player.

Also in retaliation someone might reply that staff members shouldn't be expected to reply to one in 7 days....but yes, yes they should given the size of the team and they are aware of the role they take on and what it involves.

FYI: Staff are not notified about it either.
Users can easily monitor their threads through the User CP menu, and even toggle e-mail notifications if that would be the case.