backseat administrating
Hello,

Backseat Administrating is basically what was stated above, although my interpretation of it is "Do not go hunting down Minges. Call an Administrator, or gather as much evidence as possible and post a Player Report on the Forums."

Hope I was able to help!
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The rule also exist for the people who record rulebreakers, so that they can get punished. When you proptrap them they can't do anything and so there is no evidence of the person.
Soo for ex, you are a corleone / criminal and you found random guy punching (rdming) some guy and you stop him by killing him, that's not supposed to happen cuz it's fail rp and kinda backseat administraiting. However, if your a cop and if you arrest that guy, that's allowed cause you've done your rp.

[Image: q0mJ7Zo.png]

Click HERE to PM me / + Rep me
(01-08-2016, 10:04 AM)rhxogns02 Wrote: Soo for ex, you are a corleone / criminal and you found random guy punching (rdming) some guy and you stop him by killing him, that's not supposed to happen cuz it's fail rp and kinda backseat administraiting. However, if your a cop and if you arrest that guy, that's allowed cause you've done your rp.

Hit the nail on the head. The proper way to intervene would be attempting to get him to stop through use of either fear rp or yelling for police. Now if you were a criminal, you could gunpoint the dude and tell him to piss off, and if he doesn't he would be breaking fear rp as he doesn't have a weapon. Could then follow him, figure out where he lives or isolate him, then shove whatever words he said down his throat as you lighten his pocketbook.

Another tactic for a crim would be to start collecting protection money, that strongly changes the dynamic of how hard you can react to random violence in said area.