backseat administrating
What does backseat administrating mean?
Because I've got a ban because of that. I had no bad meanings. I was trying to block the massrdmer/ mass propkiller / mass propusher in a building so he couldn't do anything nomore
The following 1 user Likes HackingDonkey's post:
  • Danny Boy
1.9 If you see someone breaking the rules, try to warn them or contact an admin. Do not take the situation into your own hands.

Breaking this rule is what you got banned for.
Just like in real life you cannot break the law to stop someone who's breaking the law, you cannot break a rule to stop someone from breaking a rule.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(12-29-2015, 02:59 PM)Holdem Wrote: Just like in real life you cannot break the law to stop someone who's breaking the law, you cannot break a rule to stop someone from breaking a rule.

It depends on the situation.
If someone tries to murder someone and you prevent it by hitting the murderer, You wont get punished.
[Image: eXdHYQZ.png]
(12-29-2015, 02:59 PM)Holdem Wrote: Just like in real life you cannot break the law to stop someone who's breaking the law, you cannot break a rule to stop someone from breaking a rule.

Except you literally can break the law to stop the criminal/assailant as long as it fits the crime and is justified
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Huskii, Grunt
(12-29-2015, 05:18 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:

Except you literally can break the law to stop the criminal/assailant as long as it fits the crime and is justified

Such as the UK's law on reasonable force, where if someone stabs you, you can stab them back to disarm - not kill.

OT: Back seat administration is a really touchy thread but it basically means don't be an admin, just leave the rule breaker to break the rule and stay out of his way.

The best thing to do is call an admin, record evidence of the rule breaker breaking the rules and try and advise him not to do it by saying it breaks *insert rule here*.
(12-29-2015, 05:18 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:

Depends where you live. In Spain, if someone breaks into your house and you hit them, you can get prosecuted for assault. If you're getting attacked and hurt someone defending yourself, you can get prosecuted too. 

If in your country's legislation it states that you can respond with force if someone uses force on you then you're not breaking the law at all, you're legally assaulting someone.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
I've always followed the notion of that if a minge is trying to kill you, IC you can defend yourself. (E.G If he's propushing you with a bath, i'd view it IC as a guy trying to crush me with a bath, and then take action to defend myself if possible.) What I do not do, is hunt these people down. There's a big difference imo.

I've never been in trouble for this, and I personally believe the logic is fine. Someone trying to kill you? You have the right to defend yourself. (Unless IC laws state otherwise.)
A more fitting signature. 
The rule is in place so that people don't go out of their way to kill him, staff don't want 10+ people constantly having a gunfight in city, it puts people off joining a "roleplay" server.