Since when can't you state your opinion..
(11-17-2015, 06:28 PM)Falcao Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 06:24 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 06:10 PM)Ukraine Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 05:26 PM)Suarez Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 04:35 PM)Ukraine Wrote: There is only a few good moderators on this server unfortunately but when you let 14 year old kids have power that tends to happen. Not flaming your ages in anyway but at 14 you aren't mature yet. Simple.

That's a large generalisation. Ask anyone that knows me well, you'll find I'm not the average 14 year old
 In my opinion you shouldn't be a mod, so that nulls your point to me.

Being someone who is 19 I don't care how old the mod is, as long as they do a good job.

*COUGH*

Don't know what you're coughing about lad, u suk.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Falc
(11-17-2015, 05:04 PM)Ivan Tempski Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 10:30 AM)Infernaw Wrote: You could've just removed the comment and moved on with your life.
He called you a bad mod, not an <insert cruel disrespectful word here>.

If a client IRL thinks you're doing a bad job, and you react like this back, you will end up in sh*t. 
Just smile, nod, ignore, move on.

For the last time, I did NOT warn him for that. And it is none of your business to know what I warned him for.

None of you actually seem to know what I said in the thread, If you look back to around the start or the second page. I clearly stated he was NOT warned for calling me a bad moderator. As you guys suggested, I removed it and CARRIED ON.

What I don't understand is why you are being so secretive about what he said to warrant a warning in the first place. If he said something bad enough to earn himself a 30% warning and a week ban from the forums why not show us what he said, if you feel that you were in the right it can only benefit you.
Ugh.

He received a warning for insulting me due to me banning him, unleashing his anger upon my profile because I banned him.

I gave him a forum warn because he created a thread saying 'Why can't you state your own opinion'. He used pictures which weren't to do with each other in order to make it look like I warned him for calling me a 'bad mod', which I didn't. Which resulted in negative comments.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
The following 1 user Likes Ivan Tempski's post:
  • MasterNoda
(11-17-2015, 07:20 PM)Ivan Tempski Wrote: Ugh.

He received a warning for insulting me due to me banning him, unleashing his anger upon my profile because I banned him.

I gave him a forum warn because he created a thread saying 'Why can't you state your own opinion'. He used pictures which weren't to do with each other in order to make it look like I warned him for calling him a 'bad mod'. Which resulted in negative comments.

You should be demoted for that. Disgusting behavior from a staff member.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 4 users Like Jono's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Coded Brain, Kippsee, MasterNoda
Staff are never demoted here, even with cases of abuse that are proven.
(11-17-2015, 10:07 PM)Ukraine Wrote: Staff are never demoted here, even with cases of abuse that are proven.

Not all proven cases are worth demotions
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
(11-17-2015, 10:07 PM)Ukraine Wrote: Staff are never demoted here, even with cases of abuse that are proven.

I recall, I was demoted.
[Image: alfred.png]
Quote:when you let 14 year old kids have power that tends to happen. Not flaming your ages in anyway but at 14 you aren't mature yet. Simple.
Not so simple actually, taking some 7,381,657,938 people and assuming that each and every single fourteen year old is immature is somewhat of an ignorant mass generalization. Back on topic however, the staff team has had a few young moderators and administrators who have done a fine job and either remain here today or can be found on the veterans list. You're not defined by your age, but rather by how you act.

Quote:You could've just removed the comment and moved on with your life.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan, this kind of publicity wont change nor will it die down, the fact of the matter is that staff members will always be criticized, called names and so on and so forth. Just gotta tucker up and take the hits, you eventually build up a tolerance. So as Infernaw said, if you ban someone and they call you a name, simply increase the ban or warn them, if they persist take it to one of your supervisors.

Quote:He received a warning for insulting me due to me banning him, unleashing his anger upon my profile because I banned him.

I gave him a forum warn because he created a thread saying 'Why can't you state your own opinion'. He used pictures which weren't to do with each other in order to make it look like I warned him for calling me a 'bad mod', which I didn't. Which resulted in negative comments.
Then I guess this thread is concluded? People seem to just be arguing back and forth.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • MasterNoda
(11-18-2015, 12:54 AM)dig Wrote:
Quote:when you let 14 year old kids have power that tends to happen. Not flaming your ages in anyway but at 14 you aren't mature yet. Simple.
Not so simple actually, taking some 7,381,657,938 people and assuming that each and every single fourteen year old is immature is somewhat of an ignorant mass generalization. Back on topic however, the staff team has had a few young moderators and administrators who have done a fine job and either remain here today or can be found on the veterans list. You're not defined by your age, but rather by how you act.

Quote:You could've just removed the comment and moved on with your life.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan, this kind of publicity wont change nor will it die down, the fact of the matter is that staff members will always be criticized, called names and so on and so forth. Just gotta tucker up and take the hits, you eventually build up a tolerance. So as Infernaw said, if you ban someone and they call you a name, simply increase the ban or warn them, if they persist take it to one of your supervisors.

Quote:He received a warning for insulting me due to me banning him, unleashing his anger upon my profile because I banned him.

Then I guess this thread is concluded? People seem to just be arguing back and forth.

It's scientifically proven at that age the brain isnt fully developed for critical thinking....
Thread concluded.

Few issues I have noticed have arisen here, one revolving around the treatment of both sides. However, if such issues do arise, feel free to Forum PM me, as I am open to all comments about staff members. (This does not entitle you permission to spam me with "vagina" and a staff members name everywhere.) Some of you have actually used this ability, and aided me in multiple different ways, special thank you to those people.

I want to bring up something very important here. A person's tone, diction, and or previous actions do all assimilate. This being said, a specific post can come out to be highly disrespectful. Whether it be from a player's perspective or a staff members perspective. I am not going to point the finger here, I have no reason to, but understand what words can do. Some of you tend to think you can get away with just about anything, then yelp when something happens because of your actions. Then I have also seen others follow those like sheep, believing every word. Whereas others use common sense and actually try to work with a given situation. They understand the "drama" that could be potentially created and don't try to give "jabs" toward that other person. I will admit, I have punished people privately, because of reports that were handled properly.

To directly answer your question Kahjo,

A person is entitled to an opinion, however one that is disrespectful toward players and or staff is when it becomes an issue. Yes, both parties can be warned at the same time/ same scenario. If you have any questions/comments/ and or concerns, feel free to shoot me a forum PM.

Thank you.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub