Unban Request: hey dood
(08-31-2015, 11:18 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: Ssadly thats how it is. But you knew that doing what you did would bypass our AFK kicker which is exploiting the system and is not allowed and it does not matter if you had been on the server for a a few minutes or not you were still bypassing our AFK kicker which again is exploiting the system and falls under Rule 1.1.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Moderator

As I had previously stated I just hit my bind just as a reflex because of its uses on other source games/Gmod servers. I understand that it would have bypassed the auto kick function (Had I been doing this for longer than two minutes) but I still fail to see how it falls under rule 1.1.

A cheat can be defined as "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination."

I did not act dishonest as I am telling the truth and stating exactly what happened and I am not acting unfairly as anyone can use these console commands and it is not listed anywhere that you cannot, and in no way did running in circles give me an advantage.

It is also evident that I did not "hack" or "glitch" so I am assuming I am being prosecuted for cheating.
Google Wrote:exploit

verb
1.make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

You exploited said console commands by macroing them in order to bypass the AFK system, which these have obviously been created to do just that. I still see no reason for you to be unbanned.

[FL:M] Suarez
Fearless Moderation Team
(08-31-2015, 12:37 PM)Suarez Wrote:
Google Wrote:exploit

verb
1.make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

You exploited said console commands by macroing them in order to bypass the AFK system, which these have obviously been created to do just that. I still see no reason for you to be unbanned.

[FL:M] Suarez
Fearless Moderation Team

Why are you giving me the definition of an exploit? rule 1.1 (the rule that I apparently broke) says nothing about exploiting.

Also if you think that I gained anything from this accidental event please evaluate on my gain so I can further understand your thought process and provide a better response to conclude this post faster and just as a side note this macro was not designed to be used on this server it is just a bind that I hit on reflex when I alt tab.
I believe this is turning more into a heated discussion. I would recommend we leave it as it is, both parties have explained their points, we should just leave it for an Administrator or higher to review this and make the final decision. I don't think disusing it further will benefit everyone as the points on both sides have been explained.
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
(09-15-2015, 04:19 PM)Audacter Wrote: I believe this is turning more into a heated discussion. I would recommend we leave it as it is, both parties have explained their points, we should just leave it for an Administrator or higher to review this and make the final decision. I don't think disusing it further will benefit everyone as the points on both sides have been explained.

I do not necessarily agree that the discussion was becoming heated but I can agree with you that both points have been stated and anything else that could be brought up would most likely be repetition of previous statements.

P.S. does this rule apply to Moderators or Admins that are not reviewing the case? (Not trying to enforce rules onto you, I ask simply out of curiosity)

You are only allowed to write in an unban request thread when you are:
a) the banned person
b) a witness or in any other crucial relation to the unban request
(09-15-2015, 10:23 PM)Zerdrick Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 04:19 PM)Audacter Wrote: I believe this is turning more into a heated discussion. I would recommend we leave it as it is, both parties have explained their points, we should just leave it for an Administrator or higher to review this and make the final decision. I don't think disusing it further will benefit everyone as the points on both sides have been explained.

I do not necessarily agree that the discussion was becoming heated but I can agree with you that both points have been stated and anything else that could be brought up would most likely be repetition of previous statements.

P.S. does this rule apply to Moderators or Admins that are not reviewing the case? (Not trying to enforce rules onto you, I ask simply out of curiosity)

You are only allowed to write in an unban request thread when you are:
a) the banned person
b) a witness or in any other crucial relation to the unban request

That rule does not apply to us as we are the ones that review the cases. It applaud for the members because we don't want lots of posts like "omg this guy should be unbanned" from their friends making everything a little harder for us as we only need to see key information not "omg unban him plox"
Never trust a newely promoted moderator to do his job correctly

I believe you may want to change your attitude on your next unban request. I find it odd how you had those binded. You knew you were going to afk since you were watching a video, thus you pressed the keys to protect yourself.

Denied.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub