Unban Request: hey dood
Your name: hey dood

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:53367226

Your ban ID: 65213

Banned by: [FL:M] Ivan Tempski

Reason: Using cheats to bypass AFK

Involved: a (Internet Doctor was present for a short amount of time)

Why we should unban you: 

I have to state a few things first.

At roughly 1:30am PST I was just free'd from jail and sitting on the side of the road next to the nexus on V2D when out of the corner of my eye I saw my skype notify me that I had gotten a message. "Wow" I exclaimed I am popular! I then clicked my macro (Razer synapse) on my new $140 keyboard that types +left and +forward into my console which makes me move in a circular motion. I procceeded to press my ALT and my TAB button simultaneously which switches my screen to Skype. Oh my goodness I had been linked a video! I clicked the video and watched it (youtube.com/watch?v=9kzeHuhcXvo) "Hahahaha!" I was laughing out loud. I then pressed my ALT and my TAB button simultaneously which brought my back to my Garry's Mod window, "What the heck?" I thought, why am I on top of a building getting yelled at by some internet doctor? It had seemed that Ivan tempski had brought me on top of the building to ask me some questions. Ivan told me that I was breaking rule 1.1 and was "cheating" because I was giving myself an unfair advantage by walking momentarily in circles. I guess I have learnt my lesson. Never trust a newely promoted moderator to do his job correctly.

I do not believe that I was breaking rule 1.1. I do believe though after having a thorough read of the rules that I could have come into a grey area with rule 2.5. I would also like to point out that my job was a hooligan and I was roleplaying a drug user so in my opinion I was not breaking 2.5 and maybe I should even be given a magnificent roleplaying point!
The system is there for a reason, why would you think it would be allowed to do something that would bypass that?

"Never trust a newly promoted moderator"

That's quite a bold statement to make when you were in the wrong and this ban is perfectly valid.

I do not support an unban and agree with Ivan that you were indeed breaking rule 1.1.

Cut the attitude as it will only decrease your chances of an unban.

[FL:M] Suarez
Fearless Moderation Team
(08-31-2015, 10:07 AM)Suarez Wrote: The system is there for a reason, why would you think it would be allowed to do something that would bypass that?

"Never trust a newly promoted moderator"

That's quite a bold statement to make when you were in the wrong and this ban is perfectly valid.

I do not support and unban and agree with Ivan that you were indeed breaking rule 1.1.

Cut the attitude as it will only decrease your chances of an unban.

[FL:M] Suarez
Fearless Moderation Team

I do not believe that I was bypassing anything. I just clicked my macro because of being used to it from other source games and I was merely gone for 2 minutes (the afk timer is 15 minutes).

I do apologize for the "attitude" I am just fairly distraught because I feel as though I have done nothing to conflict with rule 1.1
You're attitude will only give a lesser chance getting an unban.
You were repeatedly walking around in circles whilst AFK, I was talking to you on the roof for 30 seconds and no reply, I don't see why you should be unbanned?
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
(08-31-2015, 10:14 AM)Ivan Tempski Wrote: You're attitude will only give a lesser chance getting an unban.
You were repeatedly walking around in circles whilst AFK, I was talking to you on the roof for 30 seconds and no reply, I don't see why you should be unbanned?

I feel that I should be unbanned because I do not believe that I was conflicting with any rules
Using any form of macro or script to bypass our AFK timer is considered an exploit and is bannable under Rule 1.1. You are not the first person to banned for this and honestly it is a fair ban. You were giving yourself an unfair advantage over others because you were bypass the AFK kick timer. There is no reason to unban you at all.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Moderator
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(08-31-2015, 10:31 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: Using any form of macro or script to bypass our AFK timer is considered an exploit and is bannable under Rule 1.1. You are not the first person to banned for this and honestly it is a fair ban. You were giving yourself an unfair advantage over others because you were bypass the AFK kick timer. There is no reason to unban you at all.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Moderator

The actual commands ingame were +left and +forward which without the macro can be replicated by opening the console and typing these commands. The actual offense has nothing to do with how I entered them into the console it has to do with me moving with the console commands.
It does not matter. It is still considered an exploit and is a bannable offence. Many have been banned for it before. There has recently been a ban for it by Grub because someone did exactly what you did. SO as I said there is no reason to accept the unban request.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Moderator

(08-31-2015, 10:49 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: It does not matter. It is still considered an exploit and is a bannable offence. Many have been banned for it before. There has recently been a ban for it by Grub because someone did exactly what you did. SO as I said there is no reason to accept the unban request.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Moderator

I feel that the main point staff are bringing up is that I was trying to bypass the AFK timer which is absurd. I do not even think I was on the server for 15 minutes total. 

I feel that this rule needs more clarification as I have read the rules and I could not find anything agaisnt typing commands in your console. I do not think what I did was a cheat, hack, or glitch. As Ivan said when I was on the roof, not all rules are in the rule book and some you just have to know, which is ridiculous.
Ssadly thats how it is. But you knew that doing what you did would bypass our AFK kicker which is exploiting the system and is not allowed and it does not matter if you had been on the server for a a few minutes or not you were still bypassing our AFK kicker which again is exploiting the system and falls under Rule 1.1.

Thank you,

NightHawkd
Fearless Moderator