Windows 10
(07-31-2015, 12:50 AM)Pinky Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:51 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:36 PM)Pinky Wrote: Hm i havent got any updates for my grapich driver tho :>
-snip my own post cuz-

Lol i got GTX 970 ^^

You using these drivers,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/content/DriverDo...pe=GeForce

?
(07-31-2015, 12:59 AM)Jamster Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 12:50 AM)Pinky Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:51 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:36 PM)Pinky Wrote: Hm i havent got any updates for my grapich driver tho :>
-snip my own post cuz-

Lol i got GTX 970 ^^

You using these drivers,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/content/DriverDo...pe=GeForce

?

I currently have Well its called GeForce Windows 10 driver. Ver 353.62. And it was released the same day as win 10
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
Then you should have no issues updating...

What methods have you tried?
Well it might pop up soon ^^ dosent have those MAJOR issiues im using the Geforce experience thingy really handy ^^
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
I'm still waiting to update. I reserved last month but I guess it hasn't gotten to me yet.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason the GUI makes me want to play Sims.... Is it just me?
[Image: xfjIDIO.jpg]
Thanks to Barkles for my Signature
Was going to upgrade, but then noticed a few things..

1st

Spoiler :
we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services”

^ google it if you think I'm messing with you.

2nd

Spoiler :
To enable Cortana to provide personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device. Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, and more.

But this is not all, as this piece of software also analyses undefined “speech data”: “we collect your voice input, as well your name and nickname, your recent calendar events and the names of the people in your appointments, and information about your contacts including names and nicknames.”

3rd

Spoiler :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mi...ivacy.html

Microsoft is collecting user account information, credit card details and passwords following the installation of Windows 10, according to an updated privacy statement.

Think I will stick with Win7 tbh.

A free Win10 upgrade.. that sounds too good to be true.

Spoiler :

oh wait, it is.. You lose your privacy.

[Image: too-good-to-be-true-quotes.jpg]

Video

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(08-11-2015, 10:12 PM)RIC0H Wrote: Was going to upgrade, but then noticed a few things..

1st

Spoiler :
we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services”

^ google it if you think I'm messing with you.

2nd

Spoiler :
To enable Cortana to provide personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device. Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, and more.

But this is not all, as this piece of software also analyses undefined “speech data”: “we collect your voice input, as well your name and nickname, your recent calendar events and the names of the people in your appointments, and information about your contacts including names and nicknames.”

3rd

Spoiler :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mi...ivacy.html

Microsoft is collecting user account information, credit card details and passwords following the installation of Windows 10, according to an updated privacy statement.

Think I will stick with Win7 tbh.

A free Win10 upgrade.. that sounds too good to be true.

Spoiler :

oh wait, it is.. You lose your privacy.

[Image: too-good-to-be-true-quotes.jpg]

Video

Ok, first of all of those complaints are overblown. All of this stuff CAN BE TURNED OFF! In fact, if you install Windows 10 and don't choose the "Express Settings" Microsoft walks you through ALL of the settings relevant to privacy, where you're allowed to turn them off before you even boot into windows the first time. Secondly, even if you DO choose express settings you can turn all of it off through the Settings panel. Third, this stuff is nothing new for companies to be doing. Google, Apple, etc. all gather these kinds of data also because their personal assistants only work if they have access to large quantities of your data.

Additionally, these settings do enable extra features if you're willing to enable them. Cortana, like Siri and Google Now, uses the data collected to be helpful to you. The "speech data" is for making Cortana be more accurate when listening to you. Credit card information is for making purchases easily in the store, just like it is on iOS and Android.

Can we now please stop the fear-mongering over nothing?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Trevor Jackson's post:
  • GRiiM
After using Windows 10 for a few weeks, I've decided I like it. It's a nice improvement over Windows 7 and Windows 8. The start menu search is really fast, and I like the UI changes.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(08-14-2015, 10:55 PM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: Ok, first of all of those complaints are overblown. All of this stuff CAN BE TURNED OFF!

*Fast forward 20 years*
-Microsoft Support-
It appears there has been a bug in Windows10 where it would keep certain settings enabled after you have disabled them.

So how do you know it's actually turned off (for real)?
because a little slider says it's off?

I have turned certain things off in Win7 only to find it's still on when digging through the system.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]