Windows 10
Alright ive downloaded windows 10 insider program (beta ish) its abit buggy at the moment
Anyone else using windows 10? Id say its similar to windows 8.1

Today they said that windows 10 will be released late july/august 2015
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
Windows 10 release date is July 29th if I'm correct. There should be a windows icon on the bottom right of your task bar to reserve a free copy or something. It's not showing up for me though.
I got it, reserved.
Yeah the reserve button showed up for me aswell today actually. Im testing windows 10 on my laptop ._.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
Too buggy or is it manageable?
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
(06-01-2015, 11:30 PM)Diggy Wrote: Too buggy or is it manageable?

When the full version comes out in July it's supposed to be more than manageable. IMO Windows 8/8.1 was a test phase for Windows 10. Like how Vista was basically a test phase for Windows 7, and Windows 7 turned out to be a great thing. One of the best things coming along with Windows 10 is Dx12. So honestly, I highly recommend it. It has a little bit of Windows 8 mixed with Windows 7. I'm getting it next year when I build my first gaming PC. Hope this helped Smile
I saw that icon too, not sure if I even want it or not though.
Reserved my copy after reading up about people using the beta version, apparently it's faster than Windows 7 and irons out the flaws inside Windows 8.
I, myself, am still not sure whether to get it now or not. I have the icon and seems like I reserved it, but should I actually get the free copy right now? Also I heard that if you had the icon, you can still get the free upgrade one year after the release, but after that, if you wish to upgrade, you will have to purchase it. Is that actually true? If yes, I might actually wait until it's released.
i have self control
I don't have the icon, any ideas why? I meet the minimum specs (obviously) and I updated yesterday.

EDIT: Checked for updates again and there were a lot. I looked in the optional updates and a Windows 8.1 update came up (already have 8.1 btw). So I'll see if this does anything.