GMod Lua Codding
(05-25-2015, 03:38 PM)Wood Wrote: I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree with what Liv has said. Please, use Notepad++. As much as I love Luapad, if your client crashes and you haven't saved your work then you lose your entire script. It's better to get into the habit of Notepad++, which has far better formatting and is needed for uploading serverside, than getting into using luapad.

One point I do agree with is having http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Main_Page open at all times. It's one of the most useful sites you'll ever meet when coding in GMod and it's pretty much the best thing you can have with you. There's also a short starter tutorial series on there which explains how to get Notepad++ setup for GLua.

To be fair, I can see your point and I think it's a pure matter of genuine opinion. Use whichever you find easiest and best.
I use sublime text 3 with the GLua syntax highlighter. I prefer Sublime over notepad++ because of some core features in adition to beeing able to split the window in two, handy for having one side witth cl_init and one with the server side file.

OT: Pick yourself a project and work on it. When you finish it you'll realize how bad it is and rewrite it to look and perform good. Thats how i learn any coding language.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
The following 1 user Likes Voluptious's post:
  • Wood
(05-25-2015, 04:42 PM)Voluptious Wrote: I use sublime text 3 with the GLua syntax highlighter. I prefer Sublime over notepad++ because of some core features in adition to beeing able to split the window in two, handy for having one side witth cl_init and one with the server side file.

OT: Pick yourself a project and work on it. When you finish it you'll realize how bad it is and rewrite it to look and perform good. Thats how i learn any coding language.

Yeah, Sublime Text 3 is what I use. Isn't so hard on the eyes and just feels better to work with.
(05-25-2015, 03:19 PM)Jan Wrote: www.9gag.com

I've heard of 4gag, but not this 9gag. You might be referring to 9chan?
Notepad++ rules.
The following 2 users Like DarkN00b's post:
  • builderboy123, Zecon
So once you've learnt the basics from tutorials and shizz, what would be a few good projects to start to try and figure things out yourself?