Discuss CityRP Update "Red Alert"
(02-28-2015, 10:22 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 04:03 AM)mike3497 Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 10:00 PM)Wood Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 08:45 PM)MacTavish Wrote: Week 9 over in 2 days,still no sign of half of the updates.

It takes time pal, stop expecting things instantly.

I don't want to sound rude because I know Mavis is working hard on the updates, but if you're going to set dates to release things, follow the dates.

Tell that to Rockstar...

Emailed em. XD
I suggest a new policy:

Don't contribute? Don't complain.

I find it quite amazing that Mavis is young and still as talented as he is. Let him focus on school, and then you won't kill his motivation to develop when he's actually available to do so. 
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 11 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Preditor, Craz, Mustang, Nacreas, Wood, Faustie, Noble, GeorgeTheBoy, Nyander, Tomo, Villain
But we are contributing. He is developing for the community and as we are all contributing time and suggestions we have a right to say something. Nevertheless, it is impressive what he does
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Karakuts
I agree with Enzyme. You guys need to give him a break. There's a fine line between criticizing and insulting. If you are going to give him constructive criticism then that's fine. But if you're not going to say anything nice then don't say anything at all.
The following 1 user Likes Preditor's post:
  • Wood
(02-28-2015, 05:30 PM)Preditor Wrote: I agree with Enzyme. You guys need to give him a break. There's a fine line between criticizing and insulting. If you are going to give him constructive criticism then that's fine. But if you're not going to say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

I don't think we are insulting him at all. We all appreciate what he is doing, we really do. But if he's going to set a time to release something, he really should follow that time. If he knew that he would have a hard time to get this all done with school and other issues, he should have set a later date to give himself more time to do it.
The following 2 users Like mike3497's post:
  • SixPackSoCali, Karakuts
(02-28-2015, 05:40 PM)mike3497 Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 05:30 PM)Preditor Wrote: I agree with Enzyme. You guys need to give him a break. There's a fine line between criticizing and insulting. If you are going to give him constructive criticism then that's fine. But if you're not going to say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

I don't think we are insulting him at all. We all appreciate what he is doing, we really do. But if he's going to set a time to release something, he really should follow that time. If he knew that he would have a hard time to get this all done with school and other issues, he should have set a later date to give himself more time to do it.
A release date is primarily just an estimation. That doesn't mean for certain it's coming out. And yes he should stick to his word on the matter I agree with you there. But you guys keep hitting him with the updates when he is also human, just as we are. He should focus more on school than the updates and you guys shouldn't pressure him into changing that.
The following 1 user Likes Preditor's post:
  • Wood
Guys,im not thinking he is bad or something,its just that "You shouldn't put out schedules if you can't follow them". Thats what i meant this whole time.
When is this going to be done? When delay ended it said finishing updates will be done by week 9, Its almost week 13. Another delay? for about 3-4 weeks?
-Audacity-
(03-19-2015, 08:36 PM)Mr_needaname Wrote: When is this going to be done? When delay ended it said finishing updates will be done by week 9, Its almost week 13. Another delay? for about 3-4 weeks?

The developer responsible for the updates has been demoted. We have to wait for another developer to continue it.
(03-20-2015, 02:36 AM)Bloodworthy Wrote: Dont put release dates if you cant follow them. Like, really. As far as i've read, it looks like a cool update, and it looked promising.

but its like ordering a pizza, and the pizzaman says you have to wait 15 minutes, before the pizza is done. and you wait 2 hours.

and you dont *** with a guys pizza

The dates were accurate when they were created, between Mavis' demotion and the many other bumps on the way there was no way the release dates could be kept.