Discuss CityRP Update "Red Alert"
(02-26-2015, 06:10 AM)Enzyme Wrote: The new lights work quite well, considering that it's still in work. Great job Mavis. Glad to have the lights in.

Wishes/possible tweaks or additions:

- Front lights (and possibly the rear lights) flashing with the sirens.

- Having the sirens (lights and audio) on toggle.

- Having a mode where only the siren-lights are flashing without having the audio playing.

- Making it so that if a player speaks (holds x) in a police-car, then they can enable a "megaphone" so they can yell further. (Good for telling people to pull over without having to type, and to ie negotiate with hostage-negotiators from a safe distance)

- Changing the speed/intensity of the sirens 

- Vehicle mod screen (context menu) where you can choose between the discrete single light or a full light-bar (Ie for SRU Raptors and Vans)

I'd love if we got new police-car models though, as the current ones we have are of very low quality (Both graphically and driving-model wise (Just try to do a J-turn with it))

Exactly. Nothing more to add. Thank you Mavis for your time Smile
[Image: K9nTmLuX]
What happend with the mechanic job? Otherwise very god update of the game.
For someone who joined FL in the great content purge of 2013 where nothing happened this is paradise for me, personally I agree with enzyme about extending the use of police lights such as the abiloty to use them without a siren on but other than that this is great! Keep it up!
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
(02-26-2015, 06:10 AM)Enzyme Wrote: The new lights work quite well, considering that it's still in work. Great job Mavis. Glad to have the lights in.

- Having a mode where only the siren-lights are flashing without having the audio playing.

- Making it so that if a player speaks (holds x) in a police-car, then they can enable a "megaphone" so they can yell further. (Good for telling people to pull over without having to type, and to ie negotiate with hostage-negotiators from a safe distance)

- Vehicle mod screen (context menu) where you can choose between the discrete single light or a full light-bar (Ie for SRU Raptors and Vans)

I'd love if we got new police-car models though, as the current ones we have are of very low quality (Both graphically and driving-model wise (Just try to do a J-turn with it))

I know that soul wanted it to be not that active, mean, there are there, but not to flashy, not everything has to flash.

I want to scrap he current lightning and replace it with a lightning where sirenlights and the normal lights come together so it will be easier to do it all.

As I said it's all in beta, and the planned stuff you told was on the todo list, and will be added when my school allouds me to.
The following 2 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Benporium, Wood
(02-26-2015, 12:19 AM)Jan Wrote: Not sure why the announcement thread has been closed, I mean people kept the discussion polite and respectful.
Likely because the bumping of that thread stopped other news & announcements topics from showing up / being read.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator

Yea this would be awesome if it could be added to the servers.
                                 Sincerely, Himalaya Eater       
[Image: wallpaper_far_cry_4_01.jpg]
                                                  +REP
I like DarkRP, so i'm happy about the updates. Next can you make a Hobo job with bugbait xD
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The updates are great, don't get me wrong and obviously they are in beta and there is a lot instore for this, so I cannot wait Mavis! I assume that you've seen Photon and you have used it, so maybe you could, as Enzyme suggested, add an ability to toggle the lights and sirens separately and toggle different lighting modes and siren modes could be awesome. For example, pulling someone over would only require lights but if they don't recognise you could have a little blast of the siren? Just a couple of ideas.
The following 3 users Like Suarez's post:
  • Noble, mike3497, MacTavish
(02-26-2015, 06:10 AM)Enzyme Wrote: - Making it so that if a player speaks (holds x) in a police-car, then they can enable a "megaphone" so they can yell further. (Good for telling people to pull over without having to type, and to ie negotiate with hostage-negotiators from a safe distance)

Made a suggestion to implement this back in 2012.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10203

Would be a great addition to PoliceRP.

Side Note: Definitely need a way to toggle the lights, and even a way to have the lights on without the sirens going on.
The only thing I am disappointed about is that the lights do not actually emit any light, as the Photon Mod does. Instead of seeing the red/blue lights on the surroundings you would have to look directly at the police car to see that their lights were on. 
(02-26-2015, 06:48 PM)ryan! Wrote: I like DarkRP, so i'm happy about the updates. Next can you make a Hobo job with bugbait xD

Amazing constructive criticism mate.
The following 1 user Likes livkx's post:
  • ryan!