Allow usage of M4A1 to Police
(08-13-2014, 04:35 AM)TheAwesomeAuston Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 01:28 AM)Enzyme Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 12:16 AM)TheAwesomeAuston Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 04:20 PM)BlackDog Wrote: The government is NOT supposed to be a fair fight, they are supposed to be the looming threat over your head if you are breaking the law, the one thing above all else you fear attracting the attention of, because you know full well what will happen if you do.

Even with the m4a1, the ak47 does 10 more damage. You call that a fair fight? a good shooter with an ak47/galil vs a a good shooter with an m4a1, the m4a1 is going to lose everytime.

It's about the shooter aswell, not only the gun. I've been successfull in raids as SRU, even if they were better armed than me.

It comes to strategies, movement, aim, patience, binds (healthkits and etc) and etc.

Oh, and I'm still against cops having assault-rifles. I don't like the idea of cops being turned into soldiers.

In real life do you think a police department would get in as many shootouts as fearless police would?

I'll answer that, no. Many police officers never even fire a bullet in their career.
If the server was more like real life and police almost never fire their weapon then sure, who needs an m4a1. but its not like real life at all. Its a video game, and police need to have a little bit closer to equal firepower as the lawbreakers.
(08-13-2014, 03:53 PM)Venom Wrote: I'll answer that, no. Many police officers never even fire a bullet in their career.

There lies the key difference between the types of police, real world officers hardly fire their weapons outside of the fireing range for practice, while FL officers are thrown into firefight usualy every 30minutes, with less access to equipment than the people they are up against, even the SRU has this restriction.

It took over 2 years to get the SRU access to a sniper rifle because people claimed "It was overpowered" Yet the people they went up against on a regular basis had full access to the FL weapons list, from Tranqs to the previously 1 shot kill AWP, why is it even after so much time people continue to use this excuse to deny the police force the equipment they should have had access to the entire time to deal with the range of situations they can encounter on FL?

Situations and their equipment requirements:

Traffic Stop: Standard Sidearm/Tazer to Nothing at all dependent on how well the suspect cooperates

Traffic Checkpoint: Standard Sidearm/Tazer for standard operation with MP5 to M4A1 dependent on situation.

Apprehension of suspect: Recomended MP5/M4A1 due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher.

High Speed Chase: Recomended MP5/M4A1 due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher.

Warrant Service: Recomended MP5/M4A1 due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher.

High Risk Warrant Service: Recomended M4A1 for cordon zone due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher and the risk of suspects attempting to breach cordon to escape.

Barricaded Suspect: Recomended M4A1 for cordon zone due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher and the risk of suspects attempting to breach cordon to escape.

Hostage Situation: Recomended M4A1 for cordon zone due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher and the risk of suspects attempting to breach cordon to escape.

Grand Theft Auto: Recomended MP5/M4A1 due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher.

Grand Theft: Recomended MP5/M4A1 due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher.

Theft: Recomended MP5/M4A1 due to high risk of suspect being equipped with bodyarmor and an assault rifle class weapon or higher.

The list goes on, and just the sheer option to be authorized by the Sgt to be equiped with a higher caliber weapon for a temporary period is what those who play with the government on average dream of.

Like ive said repeatedly, if your afraid of seeing the weapons out everywhere, rules,policys and the like are what you need to keep it in line.

Require the Police sgt to authorize the use of said equipment and set out guidelines to help players know what constitutes a proper situation for this and what is not.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Venom
Enzyme. You say you think they will be similar to the military if they get the m4a1, bit with the mp5 they're basically just the Russian military already.
I'm not russian nor an expert about Russia, but I do believe that the MP5 is not a commonly used gun in Russia.
There's also a major difference between an M4A1 and an MP5 in my eyes.

Suuuuure we can bring IRL facts about bla bla 9mm and 5.51mm and yada yada yada and where M4s are commonly used and etc..
I still don't like the idea of Police Officers having assault rifles. I think Submachine guns are fitting, but an assault rifle is a bit over the limit.

I come from Norway where our officers are generally unarmed, so the concept about officers using assault rifles is a bit.. alien.
I do realize that Evocity is based in America but I don't think we need to Texas Evocity up.

I'm still afraid that if we allow Officers to use M4s, then the SRU will be rendered quite useless as they don't have as much to offer anymore.
SRU are rarely called out as it is, and if we are to make them more useless then SRU will only become less active in my eyes. I don't like the idea of the Nexus-Camping-Squad.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Few things, SRU will still always be called, whenever theirs is a raid, or hostage or what have you, SRU is always called. That wont change, its still 4 armored dudes that spawn in armed to the teeth.

Secondly their really is no difference between the mp5 and m4a1 except the m4a1 shoots a little better at long range.

Third, you're still trying to compare a video game to real life, not even in texas are their shootouts as much as in evocity. The whole point of this suggestion is to give police a little bit more of an edge, because currently, wiping out the entire government is no hard feat at all.
The following 1 user Likes TheAwesomeAuston's post:
  • SourLemon
If it is more Heavily Regulated when the M4 can be used Unlike the MP5 i do not think it would cause many problems, even then, Most people who are cop just use their pew pew pistol, Very few use Weapons they personaly bought. For ex. cops can be demoted if they are just running around with it, But, if the Police Sgt. Authorizes it, They can use an M4 in a raid situation or however it is deemed neccesary, And is more of a last resort then a standard Run around with weapon. Also, lets say That SRU must be Called, and if SRU are killed in a Situation Police may Use M4's to compensate for the loss of firepower. As SRUare Usualy the first to get shot in a raid. (In my Experience)
I'll use the M4 whenever the situation demands it. I won't waste time asking "hey sarge I was just wondering if I can use a bigger gu-and I'm dead." Unnecessary and time consuming. Recommend that bit is expunged.

Enzyme, just to point out to you that if your country had anywhere near the amount of crime that evocity had so constantly, and the amount of police officers and high ranking officials being killed every half an hour, martial law would've been established and the military mobilised, and it looks like all of the MPs are carrying assault rifles and full body armor, so I think it is a poor example. Whatever do they use?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8185/48602647.jpg

^^After terror attacks at Oslo. I'm assuming that Norway doesn't go through a regime change every 20 minutes due to the figurehead of the government being shot. Or the same crime rate. Or the amount of firearms per head.

And there is kind of a reasonable difference between an MP5 and a M4. M4 is a rifle, MP5 is a submachine gun; it's shorter and used for close quarter combat, more fitting of the SRU role than a normal uniform. M4 is quick power and range for a patrol officer who finds himself in immediate shit.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • Venom
This is the current loadout for police in Fergusion in america as of this post [Image: _76928935_453548886.jpg] [Image: rtr422ph.jpg]

Why? Riots, looting and property destruction. The officers in the pictures above are just that, patrol officers given access to heavier equipment because the situation requires it as a precaution, they are in no way a SWAT team, but are equiped to deal with a variety of situations that could occur and offer better crowd control.

The officers of FL are expected to cordon off and keep at bay people with AK-47s and high caliber sniper rifles with an Mp5 and a UMP45, this is simply insane and makes no sense what so ever.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(08-15-2014, 06:14 AM)Toxic Wrote: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8185/48602647.jpg

^^After terror attacks at Oslo. I'm assuming that Norway doesn't go through a regime change every 20 minutes due to the figurehead of the government being shot. Or the same crime rate. Or the amount of firearms per head.

Clearly they got permission from their Sergeant Wink