Allow usage of M4A1 to Police
Ok i have to post this, this is based on an event in the US which essentialy mandated their police cruisers to be equiped with heavier weapons

"Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with their standard issue 9 mm or .38 Special pistols, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1s, a Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator, and a HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating vehicles and police Kevlar vests. The bank robbers wore body armor which successfully deflected bullets and shotgun shells fired by the responding patrolmen. SWAT eventually arrived bearing sufficient firepower, and they commandeered an armored truck to evacuate the wounded. Several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their capabilities in similar situations in the future.[4]

Due to the large number of injuries, rounds fired, weapons used, and overall length of the shootout, it is regarded as one of the longest and bloodiest events in American police history.

Both robbers were killed, eleven police officers and seven civilians were injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police."

Can anyone seriously say this is not the situation in 95% of firefights on FL when it come to the police Vs any criminal element, even the smallest mugger?

Is there any real logical reason not to equip the government better? Their supposed to be a threat during any situation, the police hold down the fort while the better trained officers are deployed, though right now they cant even hold the fort as they cannot even equip a weapon that can make them a viable threat when it turns out the suspect has something more deadly than a pistol. Today alone i saw over 10 officers get gunned down while trying to cordon off the corlone suburbs on 33x. They have 0 chance against a group of 5 corlones armed with the most powerfull weapon on FL, the tommy gun. Even a full SRU team would have trouble with this kind of force due to their class restrictions.

+Support

They need the option to be able to equip a heavier type of firearm when the situation calls for it, perhaps a rule stateing they cannot use the weapon unless the police SGT or President orders it
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • TheAwesomeAuston, Crownguard, EthanArcher, Haarek
(08-03-2014, 03:10 PM)Faustie Wrote: +Support

I once made a big detailed post saying that SRU should become more powerful and the police weak as hell. In hindsight, that post was flawed. Neither the SRU nor the police are currently that special and they're both normally cut to shreds by anyone with a decent weapon (AK/galil) and some degree of skill. The police should be able to equip M4A1s, and possibly the SRU should gain access to weaponry such as the galil (which they would equip from their own inventory).

You're absolutely right, the Police / SRU need the advantage / upper hand . It's not logical that the representatives of the Government are hindered by arbitary rules , in fact it seems to invite a violent confrontation between them and any dissenting force .

If anything the Po-Po and the SRU need more variety in what they can equip .

The gamemode is rigged in the favor of the criminals . There should be several tiers of weaponary available for purchase.
(08-03-2014, 01:49 PM)Greed^ Wrote: I'll be honest, this is not needed. Mp5 is OP for cops, and can easily take out enemies who is using Galil/M4a1.
If Mp5 isn't good enough, you can use the M3.

-Support

The mp5 is the 2nd weakest rifle there is. The m4a1 only does 3 more damage per shot, if anything it will make it a lot more fair, the ak47 does a whopping 10 more damage per shot, galil does 4 more damage per shot, but also fires a hell of a lot faster.

"If Mp5 isn't good enough, you can use the M3." Okay try shooting a guy shooting you down the street, with a shotgun.

Would also like to add, at this point in time, Police are not very intimidating at all. People tend to start confrontation knowing they only have a crappy little pew pew pistol. I think adding the ability for this to be used could add some intimidation.
(08-03-2014, 05:50 PM)BlackDog Wrote: Ok i have to post this, this is based on an event in the US which essentialy mandated their police cruisers to be equiped with heavier weapons

"Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with their standard issue 9 mm or .38 Special pistols, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1s, a Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator, and a HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating vehicles and police Kevlar vests. The bank robbers wore body armor which successfully deflected bullets and shotgun shells fired by the responding patrolmen. SWAT eventually arrived bearing sufficient firepower, and they commandeered an armored truck to evacuate the wounded. Several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their capabilities in similar situations in the future.[4]

Due to the large number of injuries, rounds fired, weapons used, and overall length of the shootout, it is regarded as one of the longest and bloodiest events in American police history.

Both robbers were killed, eleven police officers and seven civilians were injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police."

Can anyone seriously say this is not the situation in 95% of firefights on FL when it come to the police Vs any criminal element, even the smallest mugger?

Is there any real logical reason not to equip the government better? Their supposed to be a threat during any situation, the police hold down the fort while the better trained officers are deployed, though right now they cant even hold the fort as they cannot even equip a weapon that can make them a viable threat when it turns out the suspect has something more deadly than a pistol. Today alone i saw over 10 officers get gunned down while trying to cordon off the corlone suburbs on 33x. They have 0 chance against a group of 5 corlones armed with the most powerfull weapon on FL, the tommy gun. Even a full SRU team would have trouble with this kind of force due to their class restrictions.

+Support

They need the option to be able to equip a heavier type of firearm when the situation calls for it, perhaps a rule stateing they cannot use the weapon unless the police SGT or President orders it

Bravo +support (I know I already did it, but stuff...)
+support
+Support, I totally agree with this suggestion...
Kind regards,
Tmdirtbike.
+support
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
++++++++Support
+ Support, I do not fear the cops or gov at all, give me 2 more decently trained guys and we can take them on SRU and all. Is it possible for the government to take on heavily armed criminals? Yes but the skill level required is much greater to compensate for the lack of necessary firepower. Might also act as an incentive to join the force knowing they have a bigger bite, I have seen a rather large lack of a full/semi-full team of police and SRU lately.
+Support

On a personal note:
So far i noticed that 2 people who are against this suggestion, are people who are always getting into gunfights with cops. No wonder they're against giving the cops a chance.
The following 3 users Like Tom_Carry's post:
  • Jafro, TheAwesomeAuston, Ms. Mudpie