Joe Skylynx - Unban Request
User has been warned for this post. Reason:

Nobody on the server at the time would know the name, but I did. I knew Joey a bit before he was banned.

To me, it seemed that you were just out for reactions. It could be a friendly joke, but if I am correct, I did warn you to change your name back, because I knew something along these lines was going to happen.
You simply took more than you can chew.

Considering I am involved with this technically, I guess the future of Doctor Internet could benefit from my two cents:

It's a friendly joke. As Nevinator said himself, There are many people with names of some renowned players, but I would like to focus on Blackdog. Notice there is a "BlackDog and Blackdog". Why was "Blackdog" not banned? You could argue he didn't know he was sharing a name, or it's a common name. I'll argue that BlackDog is more renowned than Joey Skylynx in a possitive way (What I mean here is we aren't mad with BlackDog, but we are more with Joey, just as Mikey said, we are out with bad blood with him.)

I feel like somebody won't understand that.
So, summed down: If it were somebody else we were playing his name with (that's not an admin), this situation would not have happened.

Edit: And after rereading Mikeys post again, like him, I do agree a punishment is required. Months, not a permanent removal from the community.

Internet. I told you something bad would happen.
I've got to go to bed, night all. Checking back tomorrow.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
In all honestly Doc I react my statement that I said earlier, I agree with the rest of the staff after talking to killjoy.

What you did was wrong and should pay the price for it. I'm shocked to see you out of all people would do this and frankly I am disappoint.
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
Seeing as Jarz can contribute evidence to this, it's only fair I can chip in here as I was involved to a degree. For the record, I was involved as DrInternet or JonJon1234 contacted myself on steam whilst pretending to be Joey.

[Image: netsapology.png]
[Image: netsapology2.png]
[Image: netsapology3.png]
Internet, do you have anything to say in your defense regarding the recent evidence provided on the thread?
I'll await Internet's reply in regard to Doomdudes's question, however in light of all of this evidence, I'm going to have to say that I'm against an unban in this case.
Feel free to warn me again, Doctor Internet is a friend and i will see fit that he is granted a proper reason to why he was permanently banned, and not one from the very SA Team that abused their power to take advantage of players through their clan (The Ministry of Peace).

All i see here is the use of power to persuade and the use of personal judgement to decide what is right and what is wrong and that is only because of your high positions amongst the staff team.

The only reason you banned him was either because of your feelings towards him personally, or the fact that those who were involved were made a fool of. From the looks of it, your reason to ban him was simply on your authority to decide what is right and wrong, and that is because of the fact that SA team members are allowed to have a say in policies and such; However, it is questionable that you can simply dislike something, punish someone for it, and then declare it as an infringement of the rules. There is no rule regarding the imitation of another player.

Killjoy - Definition of Impersonation : an act of pretending to be another person for the purpose of entertainment or fraud.

Despite what Doctor Internet did, there was no negative effects nor did it have any such effect on anyone, except those who were foolish enough to not look at the name and notice it was not Joey Skylynx, and to not see that the real Joey was on steam at the time. There was no sensitive information given out, yet you all treat this as some act of treason to the highest degree. Of course, if an admin did this as a joke, it would be laughed over and everybody would think it was alright and humorous, yet when someone else does it, the admins seek to pursue it because of their view on it. Heck, admins impersonate someone else all the time when they go undercover, pretending to be someone else to deceive them. Those who are intelligent enough would know it was not Joey in the game, simply because of the fact that it would be impossible. Joey is banned, permanently, and the difference could also easily be seen by Doctor Internets hours, and RP Points.

If you believe you can enforce rules that do not exist, simply using the excuse that was pointed out - "Most rules are not written" - then by all means, you have lost any sense of control and replaced it with pure judgement. I myself was banned for one of these phony reasons, which was something that was considered morally wrong and was not in the rules since it did not even involve any in-game action.

Banning for something considered morally wrong is morally wrong, but what solid basis is there to determine what is considered morally wrong? That is where the SA Team is using their own personal views to determine what is right and what is wrong.

As far as i am concerned, when Beflok retired, the integrity and professionalism that he brought had taken off with him as well. How can you seriously view what you are doing as right?

Another thing that comes to my attention would be this "Joey Skylynx Phobia" which seems to be rustling the jimmies of everyone here, and for what reasons? Why do you care if he had his name? Oh wait, there is only one explanation of why! Joey Skylynx was involved in writing a document that put the Ministry of Peace in a situation where their actions were being reviewed on a high level, because of the fact that a clan had consisted of multiple Super-Admins who had decided to create a super-powered clan that had complete dominance over the world and every clan. The use of power to force players to do things that exceeded what was allowed and had broken numerous rules set in stone. Recently, despite the changes that SoulRipper had told Ministry of Peace to make, i have not seen many changes with the behavior that they demonstrate. That is the only logical explanation to why such drastic punishment is being issued for such a small thing, and i certainly hope that is not the case.

Another thing to take into account are the two following things..

1) Steam Chat, or anything off of the forums or server, is not admissible in this as evidence and therefore cannot be used against him in any way.

2) Bans that are issued for "Player/Admin disrespect" are usually issued at usually a few days, according to the ban list. And Mass-CDM is usually a week as well, though this is a permanent ban for something not nearly as heinous?
(11-12-2013, 02:54 AM)Nevinator Wrote: Feel free to warn me again, Doctor Internet is a friend and i will see fit that he is granted a proper reason to why he was permanently banned, and not one from the very SA Team that abused their power to take advantage of players through their clan (The Ministry of Peace).

All i see here is the use of power to persuade and the use of personal judgement to decide what is right and what is wrong and that is only because of your high positions amongst the staff team.

The only reason you banned him was either because of your feelings towards him personally, or the fact that those who were involved were made a fool of. From the looks of it, your reason to ban him was simply on your authority to decide what is right and wrong, and that is because of the fact that SA team members are allowed to have a say in policies and such; However, it is questionable that you can simply dislike something, punish someone for it, and then declare it as an infringement of the rules. There is no rule regarding the imitation of another player.

Killjoy - Definition of Impersonation : an act of pretending to be another person for the purpose of entertainment or fraud.

Despite what Doctor Internet did, there was no negative effects nor did it have any such effect on anyone, except those who were foolish enough to not look at the name and notice it was not Joey Skylynx, and to not see that the real Joey was on steam at the time. There was no sensitive information given out, yet you all treat this as some act of treason to the highest degree. Of course, if an admin did this as a joke, it would be laughed over and everybody would think it was alright and humorous, yet when someone else does it, the admins seek to pursue it because of their view on it. Heck, admins impersonate someone else all the time when they go undercover, pretending to be someone else to deceive them. Those who are intelligent enough would know it was not Joey in the game, simply because of the fact that it would be impossible. Joey is banned, permanently, and the difference could also easily be seen by Doctor Internets hours, and RP Points.

If you believe you can enforce rules that do not exist, simply using the excuse that was pointed out - "Most rules are not written" - then by all means, you have lost any sense of control and replaced it with pure judgement. I myself was banned for one of these phony reasons, which was something that was considered morally wrong and was not in the rules since it did not even involve any in-game action.

Banning for something considered morally wrong is morally wrong, but what solid basis is there to determine what is considered morally wrong? That is where the SA Team is using their own personal views to determine what is right and what is wrong.

As far as i am concerned, when Beflok retired, the integrity and professionalism that he brought had taken off with him as well. How can you seriously view what you are doing as right?

Another thing that comes to my attention would be this "Joey Skylynx Phobia" which seems to be rustling the jimmies of everyone here, and for what reasons? Why do you care if he had his name? Oh wait, there is only one explanation of why! Joey Skylynx was involved in writing a document that put the Ministry of Peace in a situation where their actions were being reviewed on a high level, because of the fact that a clan had consisted of multiple Super-Admins who had decided to create a super-powered clan that had complete dominance over the world and every clan. The use of power to force players to do things that exceeded what was allowed and had broken numerous rules set in stone. Recently, despite the changes that SoulRipper had told Ministry of Peace to make, i have not seen many changes with the behavior that they demonstrate. That is the only logical explanation to why such drastic punishment is being issued for such a small thing, and i certainly hope that is not the case.

Another thing to take into account are the two following things..

1) Steam Chat, or anything off of the forums or server, is not admissible in this as evidence and therefore cannot be used against him in any way.

2) Bans that are issued for "Player/Admin disrespect" are usually issued at usually a few days, according to the ban list. And Mass-CDM is usually a week as well, though this is a permanent ban for something not nearly as heinous?

Even though this is completely legal, at least in the U.S., it is still common sense not to do it, ESPECIALLY with somebody with bad blood with Fearless.
I stress again that I warned him to not continue with this childish act, then he proceeded to tell me that he was "waiting for other people to notice" and "People are going to talk so differently to me now.". It seems to me as if this name of his was going to be a moreso permanent name, due to the quotes above.
Quote:Despite what Doctor Internet did, there was no negative effects nor did it have any such effect on anyone
How exactly do you know this?
Where did you research?
You cannot accuse such ludicrous statements without research, or if you did research, you certainly missed me.
There was a negative effect with me, I had Narcotic's steam window up nearly ready to state what was going on, and I was loading the BR page up in my steam window. Seems pretty DEFCON 1 to me.

And, what does the Ministry of Peace have to do with any of this?

Quote: If you believe you can enforce rules that do not exist
So there has to be rules about using common sense?

Quote:1) Steam Chat, or anything off of the forums or server, is not admissible in this as evidence and therefore cannot be used against him in any way.

I don't know where you got this from, but if I get a message from a prick who says he propminged and DDoSed the server with pictures and video via MSN, Soul won't believe it?

Quote:2) Bans that are issued for "Player/Admin disrespect" are usually issued at usually a few days, according to the ban list. And Mass-CDM is usually a week as well, though this is a permanent ban for something not nearly as heinous?
So I make my name [FL:RP] Zaeed, and I get banned for 2 days, sure.
If I make it [FL] Faustie, an SA, I'll surely get it for longer because I am impersonating a staff member. It's the ladder system.

Don't get me wrong, I want Doctor unbanned, but I want him punished for doing something this childish.
And if I set my name to Joey Skylynx, I be banned permanently.
This is not a ladder system. That is idiotic and over the top.

@Zaeed, that was over steam, and the only thing relating it to this server is the [FL:RP] in your name, now stop crying to the admin team because "I manipulated you."

@Mikey, okay, those are your orders, I understand.

EDIT:

@DoomDude, In response to the evidence, I say that it is in relevant to the case, only in name. In no other practical sense is it relevant.
No sensitive information was given by Zaeed, and no lasting physical or mental harm was given on Zaeed.

EDIT2:

@Ban, I also fail to see how this literally makes me worse than Hitler.

Spoiler: Rules
16. No extremist names such as: "Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Joseph Stalin" or derivatives.

Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Bud, i really do not see how you could have possible been offended by it. THAT is what is ludicrous. I have no more reason to comment, as i have said my opinion of it. He did not have to listen to you, since you are not an admin, nor was it a rule.