Joe Skylynx - Unban Request
Your name: Joe Skylynx (Prior: Doctor Internet)
Your ban ID: 35952
Banned by: [FL] Narcotic
Reason: "intentionally misleading and taunting staff"
Involved: Myself, Narcotic, [TTP] Jan, Nevinator8, Toxic.
Why we should unban you: In short, I had no intention of misleading staff members. This is proven when I deny that I am Joey, in the PMs to Narcotic. This is also proven by my OOC comments to Jan, in which he asks me if I am the "Joey from 2011 with the trading clan?" to which I reply "No."

To the second ban reason, at which point did I taunt staff? The only times I spoke to staff where when I logged in, when I said hello to Narc, Fiblez and Verzyn.

I would like to point out that I went on FL earlier this morning, at which no-one on raised complaint at myself being named who I was, and being on at the time. This is also similar with Fiblez and Verzyn, who also raised no complaint.

In conclusion to the first section, I would like to ask Narcotic a direct question; In what world would you ban someone for having a similar name to someone banned? Even when people like JoyKill can have names nearly identical to members of the administrators.

In the second section, I would like to object to the ban length.
Giving someone a permanent ban is equal to people who threaten to DDoS the community, people who have over 12 bans, people who attempt to crash the server etc. Are you saying that a name, a name that in the context of RP, is OOC anyway, is equivalent to these matters?

However, you may be wondering the context of the name I was using. At the time before, I was playing some terrible DarkRP servers with Joey Skylynx, and we were doing some fairly good RP, being Brothers. Due to either myself or Joey being banned, usually due to corrupt or generally bad administrators we would change servers. I became bored with changing my name all the time, so I changed my Steam name. With reference to anything else, I was attempting to troll Joey, as we are friends.

Evidence:
Evidence of OOC:
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/5046...4F8AC17CB/
Evidence of PMs:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5046...FF42FBC55/
Evidence of saying Hello:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5046...ED7F7AB4F/
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
So you claim you do not have a profile picture which is almost identical to Joey's and you are using the name "Joe Skylynx".

For what reason?
This little image of your past choice of names shows you having a tendency to mimic others:
[Image: drint.PNG]
(11-11-2013, 06:51 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: So you claim you do not have a profile picture which is almost identical to Joey's and you are using the name "Joe Skylynx".

For what reason?
OP Wrote:However, you may be wondering the context of the name I was using. At the time before, I was playing some terrible DarkRP servers with Joey Skylynx, and we were doing some fairly good RP, being Brothers. Due to either myself or Joey being banned, usually due to corrupt or generally bad administrators we would change servers. I became bored with changing my name all the time, so I changed my Steam name. With reference to anything else, I was attempting to troll Joey, as we are friends.

(11-11-2013, 07:06 PM)Killjoy Wrote: This little image of your past choice of names shows you having a tendency to mimic others:
[Image: drint.PNG]

On that list, I see three people.
Joey,
Blackdog,
Temar.

Joey - Friends, hang out on TS and DarkRP sometimes.
Black - Leader of clan and a friend.
Temar - at that point, the entire server was talking about Temar, I was joining in with that.

Besides, what difference does it make?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

In what world would you think it brings a bright purpose to go on a roleplay server with an identical and almost identical name, including you changing your RP name to the same thing, of a person who is permanently suspended and caught several times evading suspensions?

As Killjoy brought up, it seems you have a tendency to impersonate and change your name to fairly identical names to other's.
(11-11-2013, 07:18 PM)Narcotic Wrote: In what world would you think it brings a bright purpose to go on a roleplay server with an identical and almost identical name....

Because I didn't realise it would get me permintally banned.

Quote: ...evading suspensions...

Well, thank you for informing me of that before I was banned. Would have been nice to know.

Quote: ...mimicking others...

It is isn't harming anyone, and is not in breach or any of the rule set on FL.
Speaking of which, what rule was I banned under?...

I however, do Hope that you don't waste 800 or so hours of my time into a failure of character.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

How about general breach of good conduct?

Or if you wanna get all factual,
Fearless Rules Wrote:It's almost impossible to cover every single detail with rules, so we expect that you use your common sense and won't do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify.
(11-11-2013, 07:35 PM)Killjoy Wrote: How about general breach of good conduct?

Or if you wanna get all factual,
Fearless Rules Wrote:It's almost impossible to cover every single detail with rules, so we expect that you use your common sense and won't do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify.

So it's common sense that having a name similar to a banned player is reason for a ban?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

It's questionable to mimic anyone else's persona to the smallest details, leaving out but one letter. Plus you did try to appear as Joey to an admin over Steam chat.
If you are referring to DD1s chat, I have a save of it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/eimngjzyauoumo...20Chat.png
Yours
Doctor Internet;