Unban Request - [UN] Salinsky
Your name: (Steam friends name)
[UN] Salinsky
Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
Banned by: (Admin that banned you)
[FL] GhostRider
Reason: (Why were you banned, what's listed as the reason?)
Fail RP, Metagaming, Minor Proppush.
Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the admin.)
Nancy, Weed Marley, Link66, [FL] Jokhah and some other people whom's name I cannot recall.
Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)

Chapter 1. Why I find my ban to be unjust.

Chapter 1.1 The evidence was no where near sufficient to issue a ban.
Considering how as the evidence in the original Ban Request consisted of only one video which was edited and sped up 600%.
And 2 more videos sent in later, which were also edited and sped up 600%.

Chapter 1.2 Since when is clearly edited evidence with vital parts cut out viable for a verdict?

Simply put: The evidence was clearly tampered with, which was not taken into the least bit of consideration by the administrator on duty.

Chapter 2. Evidence and explanation

Chapter 2.1
Video #1 shows me driving around, this is the part where I was RPing a stuntman.
Note: I had forgotten to set my custom job to Stuntman, which is stupid but not bannable as far as I know, considering an unemployed person could just be an unlicensed stuntman.
The video shows me looking for secluded areas to perform stunts, at no point did I do this in the city, despite this being clearly shown in the video, administrator GhostRider claims:
GhostRider Wrote:I have yet to see a stuntman doing insane jumps in the middle of the city street. You should have set up a place where you could do these kind of tricks without risking others lifes.

Eventually we returned to the city, where I drove a bit too fast, I spotted a BMW ahead which was standing idle in the middle of the road, I barely had time to react so I maneuvered around it due to the fact I couldn't stop the car in time. Sadly I had overlooked the man standing to the side, he was killed on impact.
I got out of my car and apologized to the man.
I headed back out of the city, when a white Murcielago decided to ram me repeatedly, causing me to lose HP.
As we all know, losing HP equals a life-threatening situation, thus allowing me to grab my weapon and defend myself. So I did, I took my weapon and opened fire upon the car, shooting it a few times, however not killing the man in question.

GhostRider claims it's fail RP to shoot a commandeered vehicle, I beg to differ.
In my opinion, opening fire upon a vehicle that's ramming with the intent to kill is the most natural thing anyone with a weapon would do in such situation. Not doing anything about it, that would have been fail RP as there's no one in this world who'd rather be passive and die if he has the option to fight back.
This is human instinct, the will to survive.
Wikipedia Wrote:The will to live is a psychological force to fight for survival seen as an important and active process of conscious and unconscious reasoning. This occurs particularly when one’s own life is threatened by a serious injury or disease. The idea in which someone who is on the threshold of death may consciously or unconsciously try to stay alive through the belief that they have a reason or something to live for, along with giving up on the will to live. There are significant correlations between the will to live and existential, psychological, social, and physical sources of distress. The concept of the will to live can be seen as directly impacted by hope. Many, who overcome near-death experiences with no explanation, have described concepts such as the will to live as a direct component of their survival. The difference between the wish to die versus the wish to live is also a unique risk factor for suicide.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_to_live

After that, we headed towards the lake, where I was hoping I could perform a little jump over one of the staircases at those little houses, however a Murcielago was slightly in the way so I very, very gently nudged it to the side just enough so I could pass by it.
As far as I know proppushing a car this gently should never result in a ban, especially since there was no harm done to anyone, there wasn't even a driver inside the car.
Note: The video is sped up 600% so the proppush looks a lot more violent than it was in reality.
After some failed attempts to make a nice jump over the stairs, I figured I'd try some other places and after that I'd had enough of the Stuntman RP considering how as there was absolutely no place left where I could properly perform a stunt without endangering the public. Overal, this RP harmed absolutely no one except for the one unlucky man who was standing next to the BMW, which was clearly an accident.

I then continued on to do a "hardcore gabber" RP, I did not set a custom job on purpose, this time. Considering that a "hardcore gabber" is not a real job and "Unemployed" would suffice.
I RPed as a hardcore gabber who had used drugs and drove around blasting hardcore through my microphone. I spotted a police stand which I rammed purposely, as an act of agression towards police. I wasn't a law abiding gabber at all and my looks upon the world were blurred due to the drugs, considering how as it would fit the RP, I rammed the stand.
The officer, however, didn't seem to mind; In fact, he didn't do anything about it.
I eventually continued to tell this very person what the appropriate RP reaction to my behavior should be and this gentle helping hand got "metagaming" on my ban reason.
Logs Wrote:[22:11:32] Salinsky (STEAM_0:1:51309292) said: .// Time for some chases.
[22:12:47] Salinsky (STEAM_0:1:51309292) said: .// Chase me
I find it to be rather unfair that instructing a new player about the correct reaction to my actions is considered metagaming. I hardly ever see an administrator explain the role of a police officer or any of the like how the RP action to a certain action should have been; Instead administrators tend to swing around the banhammer rather than actually helping one understand. The only time I've seen an administrator explain the role of, for example, police officer is when the person broke a rule. That's not how you encourage people to RP and I quite much figured I'd help out to prevent future issues for this person, a kind gesture blown massively out of proportion by robot-like administrators.

Chapter 2.2
Video #2 shows me shooting the white Murcielago again, like I stated earlier; This person was a constant nuisance trying to get me and my passengers killed.
Again I chose to open fire rather than calling the police who would've then arrested me for traffic violations earlier.
Calling the police in this situation would have been fail RP considering as I was the stuntman who broke speedlimits, my character didn't know whether or not the police were looking for him. Thus choosing to protect himself rather than calling the police and risking arrest.

Chapter 2.3
Video #3 shows a mere snapshot of what happened.

The driver of the blue mustang was constantly chasing us around, ramming me off road causing me to lose HP several times. As you can see in the video, I am driving a white Golf MKII whilst drugged and listening to hardcore music. My character at this point, as stated earlier, did not agree with the law and had a blurred vision of reality; Calling the police is the last thing a man who has used drugs would do in such situation, especially when a weapon is in your gloves compartment.

Anyhow, the man in the blue mustang was chasing us and ramming us off road, causing me to lose HP. As explained above I didn't call the police and shot the man to death.

Again, this is not fail RP; Doing nothing would've been fail RP due to the human will to live.

I don't think I've got much more to say, would anything come to mind I'll be sure to edit it in.

Chapter 3. Previous Unban Request
http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=29817

This is a link to the previous unban request, please take a thorough look at this as clearly administrator GhostRider has made some huge errors.

Chapter 4. My vision upon the verdict of the previous Unban Request.
GhostRider Wrote:Sorry for not being perfect.
FailRP stands now for - Shooting at a driver of a vehicle who rammed your vehicle and stuntman RP which was not RPed properly enough to be accpetable. Soul has the final say about the rules. Ban will be shorten to 2 days.

Metagaming has been added to your ban reason and minor proppush stays.

Appeal approved, case closed.

[FL] GhostRider
Server Administrative Team
This, I find rather exceptional.
How is opening fire upon an agressor who's out to kill both me and my passengers fail RP in the slightest? There is no rule forcing me to call the police and there's also no rule that states I can not open fire upon a commandeered vehicle. There wasn't a rule like this at the time it occurred, either.

On to my next point "Stuntman RP which was not RPed properly enough to be acceptable".
As far as I know an RP may "fail" without this being an infraction of the server rules, considering how as there's no rule stating "Your RP has to be 100% accurate and perfect or you'll get a ban." Haven't we all at some point tried an RP that was new for us but didn't work out quite as we hoped it would? If creating an RP is bannable solely on the note of "It was not good enough" then you'd best start banning every single player on your servers who:
- Doesn't have correct grammar
- Doesn't have a gasmask suit to RP a biohazard team
- Doesn't have a weapon that fits the job (Think of a rebel with an AWP, for example.)
- Doesn't have a base that fits the RP (Think of rebels with a high-tech base)
- Doesn't have a deep voice to RP someone in command.
- Doesn't have a sports car to join a street race.
- Doesn't have the RP experience to RP a certain job (yet).

The list clearly goes on, however ALL of this should be a bannable offense if we're going by the fact that I got banned for "not properly executing a stuntman RP".
But guess what? The rules don't have anything against it. Why, you might ask? Probably because people deserve a chance to learn to RP certain jobs, better, whether it be custom jobs or not, without getting a ban slapped on their butt.
This part of my ban is in my opinion unacceptable for a server that promotes passive RP, yet its admins go ahead and ban someone trying an RP he hasn't tried before.

On to my last point in this matter, "Metagaming":
Rules Wrote:Do not metagame, that means don't talk in OOC (Out Of Character) while IC (In Character)
At no point have I used the OOC chat to gain IC advantages or information, the only thing I did was instruct a police officer (Who was a new player.) to chase me as this was the appropriate RP reaction to my actions.
If helping people who are new to the server and in the long run improving server-wide RP is considered metagaming, then I'm sure you'll have to re-write this rule to fit that description as this, in my opinion, isn't covered by "Common sense" because my common sense tells me it's okay to "kick-start" an RP if someone doesn't quite know what to do.
As far as I am concerned, giving instructions about your RP-intentions is not metagaming, it's making sure an RP goes well without too much hassle which could potentially lead to actual rulebreaks.

I'd also request that this Unban Request is reviewed by not only GhostRider, but other administrators, too.
Due to the fact that the last time it was reviewed, it was not done properly, in my opinion.
Pending further review, expected turn-around time 3 days.
Thank you kindly.
Due to high amount of recent escalations, review will be delayed.
Alright, I've got all the time in the world.
Appeal has been reviewed and accepted, the ban will be undone and removed from your record. Regardless of the specifics of the situation, evidence that has been sped to 600% and clearly tampered with should not have been accepted. If whoever posted the original ban request feels the ban in valid, then make a new request with raw, untampered evidence which we can properly review. It's almost impossible to tell what's happening here, there's no context to the evidence.