UBR [FL:RP] Salinsky
Your name: (Steam friends name)
[FL:RP] Salinsky
Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
Banned by: (Admin that banned you)
[FL] GhostRider
Reason: (Why were you banned, what's listed as the reason?)
Ban Request #29769 Approved: Minor proppush, FailRP, breaking NLR
Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the admin.)
Nancy, Weed Marley, Link66, [FL] Jokhah and some other people whom's name I cannot recall.

Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)

It's not so much that I care about the ban at all being that I don't play on the servers anymore, this is a case of self redemption being that I have trouble seeing what I actually did wrong.

Let's start at the very beginning.

Nancy, Weed Marley and I were driving around in my car, I decided that I'd give my mustang a challenge and that I would try to be a bit of a stuntman.

I turned on some music which I thought suited the looks of the mustang, I played some AC/DC and some country like songs, everyone was having a good time.

I started drifting more, trying to make some insane jumps. Before doing any jumps, I made sure the area where I would do it had no players so I wouldn't bother anyone with my "reckless driving".
Eventually we returned to the city where I was rammed several times by someone driving a Murcielago, after trying to avoid him for a while, he kept ramming me purposely and I lost about 30-40 HP over a very short period of time.
The situation being life threatening, someone was trying to kill me with his car, I got out and fired a few shots upon the aggressor, he drove off and then so did I.

A few laps around the map after that, we headed to the city again, this time at a tad too high of a speed, I spotted a BMW in the road and tried to swiftly maneuver around it, sadly not seeing the person that was standing next to it.

The person died on impact, I stopped the car as fast as I could and apologized to the victim.

Not sure if it was before or after the incidental CDM, but we went to the lake where I tried to jump over a staircase. There was a Murcielago in the way a little so I gently nudged it to the side with a prop. I repeatedly tried to make the jump but to no avail, my car kept getting stuck and I kept gently unstucking it with a prop, which, according to the rules is okay.

On to the part where I was driving in the Golf MKII streaming hardcore through my microphone.
I drove over to a police officer who was on the lookout for speeders, I wasn't speeding, hell, I couldn't speed if I had wanted to.
Anyway, I was getting a little worked up by the hardcore music so I drove over to the lone police officer and knocked over his little fences. He then joined the hardcore group and danced with us for a little and we all had a great time.

Which is what gaming is about, right?

Another part to add to the "fail RP" is the following quote from the Logs, provided by GhostRider.
Logs Wrote:[22:11:32] Salinsky (STEAM_0:1:51309292) said: .// Time for some chases.
[22:12:47] Salinsky (STEAM_0:1:51309292) said: .// Chase me
Sure, I said that. Is it fail RP? No.
Why, you might ask? Simple, RP is IC, me saying ".//Time for some chases" and ".// Chase me" may prove that I wanted to be chased by the police however this is not an In-Character act, therefore voiding "fail RP" because the last time I checked, RP was In-Character.

Note: Jokhah even hopped by and didn't mind what we were doing, thus making it rather rediculous that this is included in my banreason eventhough an admin already handled this in the server.

According to the ban reason, I also broke the NLR, which is highly untrue.
I managed to ram something causing me to die, while I was headed to the city to find a doctor to buy medkits.
Nancy, who was with me all the time, sent me a PM and delivered the car to my location, thus voiding NLR being that we RPed this out and I did in no way show any sign of remembering anything of my past life. If you wonder how he got in my car, I drive with it unlocked so anyone can get in and get to a location while listening to my music.

The video that got me banned, sped up 600% which is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...N9FN_lqxIQ
Thanks for reading and I hope you'll reconsider it, because like I said, I might not play anymore, but this is a principle question.
Salinsky Wrote:Another part to add to the "fail RP" is the following quote from the Logs, provided by GhostRider.
Logs Wrote:
[22:11:32] Salinsky (STEAM_0:1:51309292) said: .// Time for some chases.
Why, you might ask? Simple, RP is IC, me saying ".//Time for some chases" and ".// Chase me" may prove that I wanted to be chased by the police however this is not an In-Character act, therefore voiding "fail RP" because the last time I checked, RP was In-Character.

We'll just change that to metagaming then.
(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Nancy, Weed Marley and I were driving around in my car, I decided that I'd give my mustang a challenge and that I would try to be a bit of a stuntman, did you?

You did not set your job to stuntman though.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: I started drifting more, trying to make some insane jumps. Before doing any jumps, I made sure the area where I would do it had no players so I wouldn't bother anyone with my "reckless driving".

I have yet to see a stuntman doing insane jumps in the middle of the city street. You should have set up a place where you could do these kind of tricks without risking others lifes.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Eventually we returned to the city where I was rammed several times by someone driving a Murcielago, after trying to avoid him for a while, he kept ramming me purposely and I lost about 30-40 HP over a very short period of time.
The situation being life threatening, someone was trying to kill me with his car, I got out and fired a few shots upon the aggressor, he drove off and then so did I.

You should have called the police, and if that didn't help, you should have shot the ground, not the vehicle and the driver in it. Would you really take the risk that one of the bullets you shot might kill the driver in real life? I know I would not.
Anyway, why did you even have weapon equipped as stuntman?

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: A few laps around the map after that, we headed to the city again, this time at a tad too high of a speed, I spotted a BMW in the road and tried to swiftly maneuver around it, sadly not seeing the person that was standing next to it.

I noticed you attempted to brake, therefor that's not one of the reason you got banned for.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Not sure if it was before or after the incidental CDM, but we went to the lake where I tried to jump over a staircase. There was a Murcielago in the way a little so I gently nudged it to the side with a prop. I repeatedly tried to make the jump but to no avail, my car kept getting stuck and I kept gently unstucking it with a prop, which, according to the rules is okay.

That was blatant FailRP. Rules say:
Prop rules #2 Wrote:Do not proppush at all.
Why would you risk yourself in getting arrested for damaging public property, disturbing others with your reckless driving and intentionally ramming into a govermental stand-check? I thought you said you were stuntman, not a criminal.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: we all had a great time.

I am honestly glad you all had a great time, but that does not give you the right to violate the rules.

NLR part has been reinvestigated, logs confirm your story. Will remove that part from your ban reason.
I can confirm the Lambo deliberatly crashing into him on multiple occtions. But the Lambo seemed to be crashing into everyone. That's prettey much all I can confirm in this case.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Have just received more evidence on your actions that day. Please explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0Vf03mf...r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knzdpKthf...r_embedded
Zealord Wrote:Termin that's not metagaming.
He told someone to chase him using LOOC. This would have caused the Police officer to chase him IC.
It's like when someone uses OOC to say 'I'm over here', That is metagaming, using out of character chat to talk to someone IC.
(04-10-2013, 03:16 PM)Termin Wrote:
Salinsky Wrote:Another part to add to the "fail RP" is the following quote from the Logs, provided by GhostRider.
Logs Wrote:
[22:11:32] Salinsky (STEAM_0:1:51309292) said: .// Time for some chases.

We'll just change that to metagaming then.
(04-10-2013, 03:58 PM)Termin Wrote:
Zealord Wrote:Termin that's not metagaming.
He told someone to chase him using LOOC. This would have caused the Police officer to chase him IC.
It's like when someone uses OOC to say 'I'm over here', That is metagaming, using out of character chat to talk to someone IC.
So basically what you're saying is that I am required to add people to Steam, tell them my plans for any possible little RP I had in mind there, then perform it?
Or are you implying that I should've said it IC? Which would be fail RP and metagaming at the same time, being that setting up an RP is OOC and not IC.

There goes another one of your charges, in my opinion.
(04-10-2013, 03:45 PM)GhostRider Wrote: Have just received more evidence on your actions that day. Please explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0Vf03mf...r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knzdpKthf...r_embedded
Video #1:
Shows a tiny little bit of what happened, and "coincidentally" only the part where I'm sick of the guy and decide to end his life at that very point.

He had started chasing and ramming us for no apparant reason back at the BMD spawn, after hitting a wall roughly 3-4 times, I took it as an act of agression and my life was, yet again endangered by someone who actually was breaking the rules.
I shot at him a few times, eventually killing him.
Don't go all "You should've called the cops" again, because I am the character's brain, in a panic situation in real life, if I had a gun I could reach to fend off an agressor, I most certainly would use it. Whether the RP was agressive or not, or warnings were given or not, this was not RDM.

Video #2:
Yet another convenient snapshot.
Clearly shows the same person as in the video of the original banrequest, yet again ramming me. Instead of warning shots, I chose lethal force this time, again, I did not have to call the police, I can shoot an agressor and get arrested for it, but there is no rule stating that I should inform the police if I'm being attacked.
There is no rule preventing me from performing self-defense except for perhaps fear RP, which clearly wasn't the case here.

(04-10-2013, 03:40 PM)GhostRider Wrote:
(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Nancy, Weed Marley and I were driving around in my car, I decided that I'd give my mustang a challenge and that I would try to be a bit of a stuntman.
Did you?
You did not set your job to stuntman though.
Just because I forgot to set my job for once, does not mean I wasn't RPing as it.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: I started drifting more, trying to make some insane jumps. Before doing any jumps, I made sure the area where I would do it had no players so I wouldn't bother anyone with my "reckless driving".

I have yet to see a stuntman doing insane jumps in the middle of the city street. You should have set up a place where you could do these kind of tricks without risking others lifes.
At which point did I perform a jump in the middle of the city street?
That's right, at no point did I do this, thus voiding your statement and proving how well you watched the video on which you based my ban.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Eventually we returned to the city where I was rammed several times by someone driving a Murcielago, after trying to avoid him for a while, he kept ramming me purposely and I lost about 30-40 HP over a very short period of time.

You should have called the police, and if that didn't help, you should have shot the ground, not the vehicle and the driver in it. Would you really take the risk that one of the bullets you shot might kill the driver in real life? I know I would not.
I "should" have called the police? Please quote me the exact rule that states that I have to contact autorities, which at that point were probably looking for me as I already breached the speedlimit outside the city once or twice. I think calling the police in that situation would've been a tad fail RP being that I would basically be calling the police on myself, because I was "driving recklessly", shooting a few rounds at the man was an act of self defense. Also please provide me with the rule that states I cannot shoot at a car that is constantly ramming me, causing me to lose health, thus inducing a life threatening situation.
(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: A few laps around the map after that, we headed to the city again, this time at a tad too high of a speed, I spotted a BMW in the road and tried to swiftly maneuver around it, sadly not seeing the person that was standing next to it.

I noticed you attempted to brake, therefor that's not one of the reason you got banned for.
I know and that's good, but like I said in the OP, I gave the full story, but just like in the video, you missed something, eh?
(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: Not sure if it was before or after the incidental CDM, but we went to the lake where I tried to jump over a staircase. There was a Murcielago in the way a little so I gently nudged it to the side with a prop. I repeatedly tried to make the jump but to no avail, my car kept getting stuck and I kept gently unstucking it with a prop, which, according to the rules is okay.
That was blatant FailRP. Rules say:
Prop rules #2 Wrote:Do not proppush at all.
Since when is proppushing an IC act? As far as I am concerned, people get banned for killing propkillers, because that's backseat administration, and administration is an OOC matter. Therefore proppushing is also an OOC matter thus voiding the "fail RP" on that.
Oh and, the rules contradict themselves a tad.
Prop Rules #4 Wrote:When your car is stuck, call an admin. You can gently try to move it with a prop if required. When your car is upside down you should use /flip to flip it.
Me gently proppushing the other car a bit more to the side, so I could try and pick up a tad bit more speed to try and make a jump doesn't really seem like a proppush that's ban-worthy at all.
(04-10-2013, 03:40 PM)GhostRider Wrote: Why would you risk yourself in getting arrested for damaging public property, disturbing others with your reckless driving and intentionally ramming into a govermental stand-check? I thought you said you were stuntman, not a criminal.
Clearly I was not a stuntman whilst driving my MKII, but I guess you missed that part aswel, didn't you?
When I was in my golf MKII, I was infact RPing a hard-core fan who used acid, however ramming the stand still was a stupid action which I admitted before.
Note: I did not do a /job command this time either being that "Hardcore-fan on acid" isn't actually a job, in case you wonder.
However I still don't think this was ban-worthy, being that an admin (Jokhah) knew what happened and didn't seem to really care, perhaps we could get his input about this part.

(04-10-2013, 02:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote: we all had a great time.
(04-10-2013, 03:40 PM)GhostRider Wrote: I am honestly glad you all had a great time, but that does not give you the right to violate the rules.

NLR part has been reinvestigated, logs confirm your story. Will remove that part from your ban reason.
Excellent.
What I think is funny in all of this is this ban request was just made but the evidence was collected on 15 Mar. Personally it seems that someone got pissed off I used old dirt to get someone suspended. Sad that you chose to wait so long to post something about it.

To the point of the unban, I cannot remember at this point if I okayed ramming a police tower, though I wouldn't say I didn't give permission. I probably said it was okay that he hit it, as most people hit stupid prop build crap right out of the tunnels or build on turns. Who knows, if this were posted in a timely fashion then perhaps I would remember what happened.

To me, personally, if you can wait that long to post a BR when someone upsets you, can I remember all the rule breaks I saw from back when I was a player and just issue bans now?
(04-10-2013, 05:36 PM)Jokhah Wrote: What I think is funny in all of this is this ban request was just made but the evidence was collected on 15 Mar. Personally it seems that someone got pissed off I used old dirt to get someone suspended. Sad that you chose to wait so long to post something about it.

To the point of the unban, I cannot remember at this point if I okayed ramming a police tower, though I wouldn't say I didn't give permission. I probably said it was okay that he hit it, as most people hit stupid prop build crap right out of the tunnels or build on turns. Who knows, if this were posted in a timely fashion then perhaps I would remember what happened.

To me, personally, if you can wait that long to post a BR when someone upsets you, can I remember all the rule breaks I saw from back when I was a player and just issue bans now?

Got the demo from weed marley couple of days ago, i could not force him to send it to me if he did not want to. And not to forget you randomly showed up, probably silent teleport to the car, flew around it in noclip dancing. That I can also upload for you if you'd like to see it.
Okay, so what your telling me is there is more pieces of evidence to this case that were not presented. I would like to see where I popped up for context as well as all evidence you have on the case. Don't give me pieces and tell me I'm eatting a 5 course meal brah.